Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Kawhi is out there killing himself for Toronto...The guy is staying

Quote Originally Posted by Akhenaten
    Ok, so who are the YOUNG potential second options that you view as championship calibre RIGHT NOW?

I eagerly await your reply.
    Well firstly, when I made that comment the first time I wasn't thinking about Siakim as the 2nd option, I was actually referring to Kyle Lowry. He's your second all-star and well north of 30. Now if you're making the case that their second best player is now Siakim,OK . Don't particularly care to argue for or against that idea( he probably is) but for the sake of the conversation, if Toronto keeps Kawhi they're going to need a BETTER second option than what I see right now to get past the Warriors and to leap definitively to the head of the eastern pack, unless Siakim makes a leap forward. Right now I see him as a solid 3rd piece/x factor type of player. Which while there's no reason to think he won't continue to trend upwards, again, this is speculation. As this playoffs has demonstrated, there's a lot of parity in the east with Milwaukee, Toronto and Philly, with Boston not far behind.
    Last edited by Phoenix; 05-22-2019 at 10:26 AM.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Damn OP man I never saw you supporting him like this when he was on your Spurs.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by bullettooth
    Toronto's only slightly less of a shithole than Cleveland.
    Possibly the most ridiculous statement I've ever read on this site. Congrats for that.

I've spent extensive time in both cities. Toronto is one of the liveliest, most progressive cities in the world. Not quite NYC, but not far behind. A cleaner, livelier, more international Chicago.

Like saying Bill Russell was only slightly better than Benoit Benjamin.

Last edited by jayfan; 05-22-2019 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    I love Kawhi as a player but this guy is so cringe whenever he speaks.

https://twitter.com/Supreme_Gifs/sta...57256991080449

I honestly kinda hope he stays with the Raptors or at least goes anywhere but the Lakers. Lakers don't deserve a player like Kawhi.
    Kawhi is just mild mannered, shy and maybe has social anxiety. Seems like a cool guy.

Quote Originally Posted by jayfan
    Possibly the most ridiculous statement I've ever read on this site. Congrats for that.

I've spent extensive time in both cities. Toronto is one of the liveliest, most progressive cities in the world. Not quite NYC, but not far behind. A cleaner, livelier, more international Chicago.

Like saying Bill Russell was only slightly better than Benoit Benjamin.

I think you need to get out more... like outside of North America.

Also, Toronto wishes it was NYC. It's far behind.

I think you need to get out more... like outside of North America.

Also, Toronto wishes it was NYC. It's far behind.
    This. Also any major city in South America is livelier than any US city

Quote Originally Posted by Akhenaten
    Younger and better than Siakim? Who do you have in mind?

17/7/3 55% fg, very good defense (regular season)

19/7/3 47% fg, very good defense (post season)

Won at a 77% win rate as his team's first option over the course 22 reg season games.

Siakim is LEGIT bro, he's only in his third year too, once he fills out some more, gets a little more seasoning and savvy, continues to improve his 3 point shot, he is going to be a SERIOUS PROBLEM.

Shiiiiiit, I'll take him AS IS right now over 80% of the 2nd options in the league. Lebron and KD have messed the game up to where now if your 2nd option isn't a superstar (Wade, Curry) or borderline superstar (Kyrie) they aint spit.

That's BULLCRAP.
    Agree fully, Siakam is a serious legit all star to pair with a superstar.

What the Raps will need in coming years if Kawhi stays is a replacement PG for an aging Lowry, but if he does stay they can easily attract one on free agency.

This guy hating on Toronto as a city knows absolutely nothing about it

Keep it up Trumptards

Kawhi is a hero there now. It is certainly possible he stays.

This summer is going to be crazy.

One of the talk shows( can't remember which) made a point about that game 7 winner last round being a bonding moment that may make the decision to leave much harder. It's gonna be interesting.

I was shocked Kawhi was out there laboring so hard and still going on. He was very visibly hurt and he was STILL jumping off of both feet postering Giannis and giving 100% effort on every play. That.. I did not expect.

Being one of the Toronto fans that's been thinking this whole time that Kawhi is 100% going to leave, it was a very pleasant surprise to see Kawhi leave it all on the floor like that.

Man I am going to be sad as **** if he leaves but this was definitely a good sign. Guy is absolutely incredible to watch. Easily a better player than Durant.

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    I was shocked Kawhi was out there laboring so hard and still going on. He was very visibly hurt and he was STILL jumping off of both feet postering Giannis and giving 100% effort on every play. That.. I did not expect.

Being one of the Toronto fans that's been thinking this whole time that Kawhi is 100% going to leave, it was a very pleasant surprise to see Kawhi leave it all on the floor like that.

Man I am going to be sad as **** if he leaves but this was definitely a good sign. Guy is absolutely incredible to watch. Easily a better player than Durant.
    go back to your embiid avatar bitch.

Toronto's only slightly less of a shithole than Cleveland. I doubt he's staying.
    I hope to god you're not from Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie
    I hope to god you're not from Chicago.
    Nope, but I have been and really like downtown Chicago. Architecture there is amazing.

Nope, but I have been and really like downtown Chicago. Architecture there is amazing.
    Also known as the murder capital of North America? I guess it's worth risking your life to take a walk downtown just to see some nice buildings though.

So what great city are you from?