Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Why does team ORtg change more when Durant/Kobe leave the floor or return than Curry?

Playoffs

09' Lakers ORtg [COLOR="White"].[/COLOR]with[COLOR="White"].''[/COLOR] Kobe - 112.0
    09' Lakers ORtg w/out Kobe -.. 94.0

18' Warrior ORtg [COLOR="White"].[/COLOR]with[COLOR="White"].''[/COLOR] Durant - 114.4
    18' Warrior ORtg w/out Durant - 96.8

16' Cavalier ORtg [COLOR="White"].[/COLOR]with[COLOR="White"].''[/COLOR] lebron - 115.9
    16' Cavalier ORtg w/out lebron - 98.4

18' Warrior ORtg [COLOR="White"].[/COLOR]with[COLOR="White"].''[/COLOR] Curry - 113.5
    18' Warrior ORtg w/out Curry - 107.3.

19' Warrior ORtg [COLOR="White"].[/COLOR]with[COLOR="White"].''[/COLOR] Curry - 119.0
    19' Warrior ORtg w/out Curry - 102.7

How does this not prove that Kobe had the biggest offensive impact?
    Last edited by 3ball; 05-21-2019 at 10:29 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: Why does team ORtg change more when Durant/Kobe leave the floor or return than Curry?

Ortg and Drtg are garbage stats

Op has turned into a lebron stan, next he will be in here citing VORP and BPM

You

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Why does team ORtg change more when Durant/Kobe leave the floor or return than Curry?

I

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]

There aren

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    Ortg and Drtg are garbage stats

Op has turned into a lebron stan, next he will be in here citing VORP and BPM

You’ve fallen off bruh
    Nah, Lebron's numbers in his winning playoffs is worse than Kobe's and Durant's

Only 17.5 in 2016 playoffs (kyrie at 19.4) and 13.8 in 2013
    Last edited by 3ball; 05-21-2019 at 10:30 PM.

Curry>MJ.

3ball is so shook

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Nah, Lebron's numbers in his winning playoffs is worse than Kobe's and Durant's

Only 15.8 in 2016 playoffs and 13.8 in 2013
    What about lebrons career vorp?

What about lebrons career vorp?
    Attached to games played.. means nothing, like win shares

Btw, added lebron to the OP - 17.5 in the 16' playoffs, but Kyrie had a bigger impact with 19.4

Btw, added lebron to the OP - 17.5 in the 16' playoffs, but Kyrie had a bigger impact with 19.4
    Lebron ties Jordan for highest vorp during a championship season....and completely dwarfs mj in career vorp....I had Jordan over LeBron but after this arbitrary advanced stat discovery it leads me to think otherwise.

3-time NBA All-Star

SO FISHER had a bigger impact than KOBE.. IN THE NBAFINALS

THREAD IS OVER

https://stats.nba.com/team/161061274...1&LastNGames=5

Lebron ties Jordan for highest vorp during a championship season....and completely dwarfs mj in career vorp....I had Jordan over LeBron but after this arbitrary advanced stat discovery it leads me to think otherwise.
    welcome to the Bron fam

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    SO FISHER had a bigger impact than KOBE..

THREAD IS OVER
    3ball is turning into wheels before our eyes

Epic ass downfall

It's okay brah, Curry beats lebron in championships because he knows a better way to play basketball than lebron (ball movement, efficient offense, clutch)

So it doesn't matter that lebron can match Curry in this one area (impact on team ortg) - because lebron-ball has a much lower ceiling than curry-ball and can't win

it's apples and oranges tbh - this stat should only be used to compare winning brands of ball like Kobe/curry/durant, otherwise a bad brand/ball-domination can inflate the stat like it does for lebron

It's okay brah, Curry beats lebron in championships because he knows a better way to play basketball than lebron (ball movement, efficient offense, clutch)

So it doesn't matter that lebron can match Curry in this one area (impact on team ortg) - because lebron-ball has a much lower ceiling than curry-ball and can't win

it's apples and oranges tbh - this stat should only be used to compare winning brands of ball like Kobe/curry/durant, otherwise a bad brand/ball-domination can inflate the stat like it does for lebron
    LeBron’s vorp smashes Jordan. Thanks for showing me the ins and outs of all the obscure stats of basketball reference. I wouldn’t have come to the realization that LeBron > Jordan otherwise.

3-time NBA All-Star

KOBE WAS THE WORSE PLAYER IN THE 2010 NBA FINALS.

https://stats.nba.com/team/161061274...1&LastNGames=7

THANKS FOR THE NEW THREAD.. KOBE 'S NET RATING WAS HORRIBLE -17.2