Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Best shoes for playing youve ever used?

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    Nike Zoom Flight 2k3's & it isn't even close

Lord Jason Kidd's

Serious playground baller

Just got a pair of Kobe X's and they are right up there with the best. I was playing in some Curry 1 lows but I landed on a foot and suffered a bad ankle roll which also popped the top lace eyelet out. The Curry's are also great shoes but the traction was questionable on the terrible courts I play on.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    I hear great reviews about lowtop Kobes...unfortunately I don't want to risk ankle issues for a little movement.

I hate ankle injuries at this age, they take forever to heal
    So overused honestly. My gym was littered with people rocking the low Kobe tops. I've seen guys roll their ankle in pain with it on.

Personally I've used 2 Under Armor shoes (high tops). Favorite of the two was Lightening 4. Never had a bad ankle sprain with it. Worn them out within 3 years though (I regret not just buying another pair of it). Great on indoor courts. Traction was amazing and helped me spot up shoot better than the one I have currently. Current Under Armor is better for blacktops but doesn't have the stability/comfort I had with Lightening 4.

I used to play basketball in low tops, worthless. Needs to be mid or highs. Protecting your ankles and feet is the reason you ball with basketball shoes.

I just bought Nike Air Max 2 Infuriate Mid, best balls shoes I've ever had. Jumping all over the place smoking everyone.

College superstar

Nike Kobe 4s for me

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54
    I used to play basketball in low tops, worthless. Needs to be mid or highs. Protecting your ankles and feet is the reason you ball with basketball shoes.

I just bought Nike Air Max 2 Infuriate Mid, best balls shoes I've ever had. Jumping all over the place smoking everyone.

Cool! I might get them.

moonshoes

Kyrie 3

Saw a basketball once

The Kobe AD mids have been my favorite for a while now!

Currently, Adidas N3xt L3v3l, once you get them broken in.

Saw a basketball once

I found cool ones when I was living in Germany : Nike hyperdunk 2017 and Nike Lebron Soldier XI

Saw a basketball once

Also I found cool ones when I was living in the property in Latvia here I used to wear Adidas Dame 4, they are extremely comfortable

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

My favorite Jordan's were the 6s and particularly the 8s, although the 8s really fell apart if you used them outdoors particularly. I had a 30 not that long ago that I hated. Had to give it away, but I'm still using a 29 for most of my outdoor playing that I like a lot. I hear the new 34 is great, but I haven't found a colorway I'm into.

I have a pair of Harden's from a couple years ago I just couldn't break through the strap above the toe box in well enough for my taste. I have a Lebron 13 that I really don't like the way the sides run up, but they have no support across the back.

I really like both the KD 11 and the KD 12.

I loved the Kobe 8, that I think Addidas rebranded as the Crazy 8 not long ago.

But if I'm really playing indoors I have a pair of Nike Kobe ADs from 2018 that are my favorite going right now.

Another classic from my childhood I loved was the Nike Air Flight Light.

I stopped getting Lebrons a few years ago after I finally admitted to myself that they're too heavy for me. A shoe built for Lebron probably isn't ideal for me lol.

I really like the zero.3 Westbrook's from this year, they have a really snug fit for me which I like. I also tried out the Converse Pro BB's and liked them a lot. They're a pretty minimalist design but that makes them super responsive on your feet.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I finally got this pair of Jordan 34s, and played in them a couple times last week, and this is a great playing shoe. Much more structured feeling than I expected, felt plenty locked in. Almost no break in required. Great traction. And it feels super reactive to movement. The only thing I think the Kobe has on it is that it feels like it sits a little high off the ground. Honestly I think the Kobe sits a little low, and I'd just gotten used to it.

I'm considering doing Nike By You versions of the KD 13, which looks so I'm guessing will perform almost exactly like the 12, and the Air Rize 2, which has a massive zoom unit in the forefoot, and has the split sole set up, so I'm guessing will feel a bit like these, but with the more structured knit upper.

I'm also intrigued by the Jordan 35, which I read feels a lot like these, but has a full zoom unit in the heel as well, and a more structured upper, and the Jordan 34 SE, which is essentially this same shoe, but with a zipper cover over the upper, that adds to the structure and the lockdown feeling.

Once again, the 35 doesn't seem to have a decent looking colorway coming out the gate.