Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-19-2007, 02:15 PM   #46
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Adam Morrison is the Worst NBA Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Worst player in the NBA? Not even close, sorry.

That said, he may very well be the worst defensive player in the Association.
again, names.... WHose worse? Please give some detail.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:21 PM   #47
Vendetta
Banned

Vendetta has an OK reputation so far

Pat Garrity.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:22 PM   #48
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
I'd trade Shelden Williams for him today.
Really?

This is surprising to me.

Williams will likely develop into a very solid interior player.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:54 PM   #49
malek4980
Kids at the park dunk on me

malek4980 has an OK reputation so far

Hyperbole people!!!

But the fact that it can be argued shows what a crappy player Morrison is.
malek4980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:04 PM   #50
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Really?

This is surprising to me.

Williams will likely develop into a very solid interior player.

He is way to passive for me. Although I will say that with Woodson as coach he'd never meet his potential. He could be Karl Malone for all I know.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:14 PM   #51
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller

TheBigAristotle1 has an OK reputation so far

A few points:

1. Adam Morrison earned the hype in college. The guy was a monster, he basically shredded any team in the nation, even teams like Michigan State and Uconn. Compare that to other top picks (Rudy Gay for example), who were really inconsistent.

Who coming out of college was a better prospect? Shelden Williams was a 6'8" center who was already a senior, and had gotten demolished by every "NBA quality" big he had faced, Paul Davis, Sean May, Marco Killingsworth . Rudy Gay was really passive and inconsistent, both of those things are huge red flags for scouts. Lamarcus Aldridge was a decent college player but nothing special. Tyrus Thomas was extremely raw, but he outplayed pretty much every big man he faced, he also averaged just 12/10. Reddick had no finishing skills at the rim, literally, and in the NBA almost every player is atleast a little bit of a threat to take it to the rim.

None of those prospects looked promising. One the other side of the coin, Adam Morrison is leading the nation in scoring, is 6'9", can drive, shoot the three, pullup off the dribble, score in the post, etc. The guy had a complete skill set. He deserved the hype, and the draft position.

2. He isn't the worst player in the NBA by a long shot. There are guys sitting on the end of NBA benches who don't even play. Martynas Andriusekivicious, Tractor Traylor, Peter John Ramos, Pavel Podkolzine, Mike Wilks, Michael Olowakandi, Jackie Butler, Orien Green, Jason Hart (he plays unfortunately hahahaha), Kevin Burleson, Aron Williams, James Augustine, etc. etc. etc.

Adam Morrison is averaging over 13 ppg, he is in the other teams scouting report, thus he can't be the worst.

3. I think Morrison will have a decent future. He may have to change his game and get stronger. Skill wise he needs to develop better handles, shooting wise he may need to develop a more conventional release. And he also probably needs to change his body, become stronger and/or faster. He needs to get better to survive in the NBA as anything but a deep bench player.
TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 06:10 PM   #52
iscariot
I airball my layups

iscariot has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Joe Bean
Morrison's defense is pretty awful. But hey, which white guy isn't?

I'll assume you're exaggerating but still:

Matt Harpring is a good defender
Kirilenko is a good defender - admittedly having a poor season
Bogut - is pretty sound
David Lee's interior defense is pretty nice

Then again, it all depends on what your criteria for 'pretty awful' are?
iscariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 06:13 PM   #53
Vendetta
Banned

Vendetta has an OK reputation so far

I always felt Redick would be better than Morrison. The funny thing was this guy getting Larry Bird comparisons. Bird would chew this kid up and spit him out emotionally.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 06:19 PM   #54
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle1

2. He isn't the worst player in the NBA by a long shot. There are guys sitting on the end of NBA benches who don't even play. Martynas Andriusekivicious, Tractor Traylor, Peter John Ramos, Pavel Podkolzine, Mike Wilks, Michael Olowakandi, Jackie Butler, Orien Green, Jason Hart (he plays unfortunately hahahaha), Kevin Burleson, Aron Williams, James Augustine, etc. etc. etc.

Adam Morrison is averaging over 13 ppg, he is in the other teams scouting report, thus he can't be the worst.

Half those guys arent in the league and most of them are there cause of size. Adam may be 6'9":) but he cannot rebound or play around the basket to save his life. Tractoir traylor impacts a game in many ways besides jacking up shots and letting people blow by on D.

Again, adam is avg 12.6 on 12.8 shots a game. not acceptable, esp. for the purest shooter since my mom. You are correct in the assessment that he did deserve the hype and probably the draft position, he just hasnt lived up to it.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 06:53 PM   #55
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Bird would chew this kid up and spit him out emotionally.
Even saying this seems unfair to Legend. Mentioning Morrison in the same sentence, that is.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 06:59 PM   #56
A-MATT
Banned

A-MATT has an OK reputation so far

Man yall are tripping. Morrison will become a very good NBA player in the future. Yall should be talking about J.J. Reddick.
A-MATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:20 PM   #57
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller

TheBigAristotle1 has an OK reputation so far

Morrison is a guy with phenomenal scoring talent and skill who just hasn't figured out how to do it in the NBA. I don't see how if he improved his handles, and got stronger and quicker he couldn't be a very good scorer in the NBA.

Quote:
Half those guys arent in the league and most of them are there cause of size. Adam may be 6'9" but he cannot rebound or play around the basket to save his life. Tractoir traylor impacts a game in many ways besides jacking up shots and letting people blow by on D.

Well I suppose they(tractor trailer and AMMO) have different roles, but if you want to know a player worse then AMMO who actually plays then I would say Jannero Pargo. Jannero Pargo over his career takes more shots then he scores points, turns the ball over, and is pretty much a liability on the floor. He is a mediocre, streaky 6'2" shooting gaurd, but he has found a place in the league becuase when he is hot he can win you games.

Quote:
Again, adam is avg 12.6 on 12.8 shots a game. not acceptable, esp. for the purest shooter since my mom. You are correct in the assessment that he did deserve the hype and probably the draft position, he just hasnt lived up to it.

Agreed. He deserved to be drafted 3rd, he just hasn't been that great in the NBA.

One last thing, Morrison mixed it up inside in college, he could go in and score around the rim, if he got stronger why couldn't he do that in the NBA?
TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:35 PM   #58
AirGauge23
Team NWO

AirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He should train with Jordan in the offseason. Improve his game.
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:02 PM   #59
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-MATT
Man yall are tripping. Morrison will become a very good NBA player in the future. Yall should be talking about J.J. Reddick.

I agree there. i have never seen an NBA player airball a layup twice in the same season! And this is his first year!! He has more chances yet to top that!!! but i think jerome James is the worst player in the L by far.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: