I rule the local playground

Default Warriors Lose Depth Key to Winning a Ring, Thunder Eliminated as Title Threat

Cavs Repeat

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default Re: Warriors Lose Depth Key to Winning a Ring, Thunder Eliminated as Title Threat

Livinston, Iguodala, and potential signing of David West. For a superteam of MVP Durant, MVP Curry, 37point Quarter K. Thompson. Defensive 1st team D.Green.
    Isn't that enough? What else do you want for a 73 win team!!!

Default Re: Warriors Lose Depth Key to Winning a Ring, Thunder Eliminated as Title Threat

Quote Originally Posted by HoopSuperstar
    Livinston, Iguodala, and potential signing of David West. For a superteam of MVP Durant, MVP Curry, 37point Quarter K. Thompson. Defensive 1st team D.Green.
    Depth is KEY!!! To winning a ring, especially when you get pushed to 6 and 7 games in the finals. One small injury, one suspension... Anything goes wrong and the team unravels. They wanted firepower and they got it. But what did they sacrifice? They need a PERFECT season/offseason to win

Depth isn't as important in the playoffs.

And I think last season established that winning a lot regular season games doesn't mean much.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason

And I think last season established that winning a lot regular season games doesn't mean much.
    True, but Warriors shouldn't plan on running Green full time at the center spot. They need a starting caliber rim protector. Death lineup can be employed later in the games. Green's body won't be able to handle 82 games playing out of position full time..

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Warriors aren't beating a LeBron team without rim protection. What team has LeBron lost a playoff series to that didn't have a center anchoring the paint?

Depth is MOST important in the playoffs, particularly the finals. You're talking about 4 hard series. Do you think you can come in tired and banged up against the cavs in the finals? No. They will run out of gas again

And yeah, no shit. I wasn't saying they need to have a great season in terms of wins. I meant in terms of health and keeping the team together

Except this season it was. In the Finals the Warriors lost Bogut who was really great at defending the rim in the Warriors wins. Green got suspended and they couldn't fill his spot even marginally. Love got a concussion and Jefferson stepped in and made the team better. Iggy was struggling with a bad back the last two games, they had to depend on him injured becuase no one else was going to come close to filling his role.

You have to have capable players to step in and keep the team competitive in the Finals whether you think you'll use them or not.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HoopSuperstar
    David West was shit in the playoffs for the Spurs and has a history of choking in the playoffs. Why would the Warriors want him? Speights does the same shit West does and is less of a choker.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Warriors aren't beating a LeBron team without rim protection. What team has LeBron lost a playoff series to that didn't have a center anchoring the paint?
    This