Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Can't believe 3 years of Kobe's prime were wasted

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    3 years

tell that to guys like Iverson, Garnett, Hakeem, Moses Malone, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and much more guys
    this

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalD24
    2006, 2007 and 2003 were all signifcantly better than 2008 Kobe Bryant. Notice how it's always non-Kobe fans propping up 2008 over 06-07.
    Because 08 I felt was his best all around game. 03-04 was his best defensive year and 06 was his best scoring year.

Does that mean his other seasons were impressive? No. That simply means his 08 season was the best I ever saw Kobe play

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Kobe adapted in 08 to win and was rewarded for that , but 08 injured Kobe was not as good as healthy athletically prime Kobe.

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by Kews1
    Kobe got put into a winning situation when he got drafted and it's his own doing that he had to play with trash in his prime since he single handedly forced Shaq out of LA right as he hit his prime. And how precious can you be? 3 years! Are you ****ing serious? What about Kevin Garnett? He had scrubs for 10 or so years? Paul pierce? Had trash. Lebron James? Scrubs 7 years.

Kobe has has a lucky career if he only had 3 years of mediocre teams.
    Shut up. Kobe didn't force Shaq out. As it has been proven time and time again. Shaq wanted a big contract and Jerry Buss didn't want to give it to him. Shaq even stated this himself.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    In those days we needed a second scorer and some games Odom would put up like 7 points a game, others he would put up strings up 20 point games, exactly what we needed.

Until 2009 he was just too inconsistent, with his shooting, decision making and everything.
    Odom has always been the type of player that shows up once every 15 games. Hardly a consistent factor -- and really has no consistent offense if he's not in transition.

Wow you guys are so spoiled. Poor D Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by swag2011
    Shut up. Kobe didn't force Shaq out. As it has been proven time and time again. Shaq wanted a big contract and Jerry Buss didn't want to give it to him. Shaq even stated this himself.
    Let's pretend it didnt even have a tiny bit to do with the Kobe vs Shaq war than shall we

Smush/Farmar
    Kobe/Vujacic
    Walton/George?
    Odom/Cook
    Kwame/Mihm

DAT TEAM

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii

based on what?
    I've watched pretty much every single Lakers game (reg & playoffs) even well before that period (pre-1998 season). Only a handful of people have watched as much Laker games as I did during that span. Sometime in 2007 I made a thread on some Laker board predicting when Kobe finally gets help people will suddenly change their tune with the "making his teammates better" bullshit, and perhaps say he's better than ever. Just look at the team he had to carry to the playoffs..

This was his starting lineup:

Smush Parker - him - Luke Walton - Lamar Odom - Kwame Brown

Bench: Brian Cook - Devan George - Chris Mihm - young Sasha Vujacic - young Bynum

I highly highly doubt 2008 Kobe could carry that squad to the playoffs. Put 2006 Kobe in place of 2008, and there's no question in my mind that the Lakers get better. Only a flat-out Kobe hater would claim otherwise.

I've watched pretty much every single Lakers game (reg & playoffs) even well before that period (pre-1998 season). Only a handful of people have watched as much Laker games as I did during that span. Sometime in 2007 I made a thread on some Laker board predicting when Kobe finally gets help people will suddenly change their tune with the "making his teammates better" bullshit, and perhaps say he's better than ever. Just look at the team he had to carry to the playoffs..

This was his starting lineup:

Smush Parker - him - Luke Walton - Lamar Odom - Kwame Brown

Bench: Brian Cook - Devan George - Chris Mihm - young Sasha Vujacic - young Bynum

I highly highly doubt 2008 Kobe could carry that squad to the playoffs. Put 2006 Kobe in place of 2008, and there's no question in my mind that the Lakers get better. Only a flat-out Kobe hater would claim otherwise.
    you didn't make any argument or provide any specific, objective evidence tho

I'm not a Kobe hater...have him 6 or 7 all-time and supported that team from 96-04

08 was clearly his best all-around season

wastedprimebe

Banned

I'm not a Kobe hater...have him 6 or 7 all-time and supported that team from 96-04

Stop posting ******.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by swag2011
    I have no idea why people believe Kobe forced Shaq out. Shaq was 32 years, going into his 13th season and wanted 100 million for 4 years and Buss wasn't going to give it to him because he kept coming into camp out of shape and missing time for bogus injuries. Also don't forget "I got hurt on company time, I'll heal on company time". Read Shaq's book, he just used the Kobe excuse to force a trade.

Kobe was a better player in 2006 and 2007. '03 and '08 are a wash.

Stop posting ******.
    lol okay big man, you sure showed me

I obviously have no choice but concede to your well-established points as a result of your compelling debating skills