Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Superstar

Default Re: Lakers beat Celtics to take Game 5. Post-game discussion here

Do people not comprehend whats going on? Kobe is seeing 3 guys everywhere he goes on the floor. Everywhere.

I'm just glad hes not forcing the issue and still running the offense. Disappointed in his shooting though.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

ray has family problems?

seems like kobe's basketball superpowers have disappeared, kinda reminds of that movie Superman II...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Truth34
    and Paul Pierce shows Kobe who the better player is
    Didn't Kobe rob Pierce, not only once but twice on the 4th?

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle

Kobe didnt lay an egg tonight. He managed the game well constantly setting up his teammates. Maybe you're just looking at his 8-21 shooting.

Kobe did not play like he should have. He did not play like a all-time great. Sure he has a great 1st quarter but where was he in the 2nd/3rd/4th? Dude laid a egg in 3/4 of the game. No denying that.

I'll just repost what I said at the end of the game thread and add that getting 4 fouls on Kobe half way through the 3rd and not getting a 5th was a complete failure. Oh, and Kenny Mauer is a c*nt (that's for you Tommy)...

Horrible play down the stretch for the C's and some clutch plays on both ends by the Lakers.

KG choked big time in the 4th. 3 missed free throws, missed a wide open tip-in on the Ray Allen layup, and he set a HORRIBLE screen that allowed Kobe to make that play to get the steal on Pierce (yes, it was probably a foul, but he shouldn't have been able to make that play to begin with). Maybe if KG didn't get so many quick calls on him tonight he could have got into a rythm for the 4th, but that's not how it played out. Pierce had a finals ending type of game, it's a damn shame the C's couldn't close out with him having a game like this.

From the start I thought the Celtics would win the series in 6, and througout the playoffs the C's have needed a swift kick in the ass to get things done....if tonight wasn't that kick I don't know what is.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe=MVP07`
    o shut up, if MJ faced Zone defenses
    I stopped reading there. Shut the fu*k up and discuss the game. You do know the Lakers are allowed to play zone also, right? And you do know that Pierce torched them, right?

How idiots like you who start all the "Jordan" crap dont get banned while I do confounds me.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Do people not comprehend whats going on? Kobe is seeing 3 guys everywhere he goes on the floor. Everywhere.

I'm just glad hes not forcing the issue and still running the offense. Disappointed in his shooting though.
    He is forcing the issue. Plenty of times I watched him over-dribble and end up shooting a low % shot. Not giving props to a guy for playing under his abilty big time.

i really expected ray to play better tonight as well.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe=MVP07`
    o shut up, if MJ faced Zone defenses from 1 of the best defensive team ever he would not be as effective

kobe 1on1 can take anyone, 2 on 1, sometimes even 3 on 1 but ZONE makes things different

either a forced shot or have to get rid of the ball to beet a zone..
    LOL KB is not MJ get it thrigh ur heads.Please

Banned

Kobe didnt lay an egg tonight. He managed the game well constantly setting up his teammates. Maybe you're just looking at his 8-21 shooting.
    No, I was looking at his complete disappearance from the end of the 1st until about 4:00 left in the 4th, and then his stubborness in attacking from the top time and again down the stretch. He laid an egg.

Banned

Kobe layed a HUGE egg tonight. Stupid turnovers, mind-boggling decision making, piss-poor shooting and playing completely frightened and confused during the prssure moments in the 4th quarter.

And to think this this was the Lakers BIGGEST game of the season and Kobe was nowhere to be seen after the 1st quarter. Amazing.

It these games that I really start to question his basketball IQ.

That was a fun game to watch, I'm stoked that there's going to be another one to watch

KG did look a little hesitant near the end. When he went to the line I thought he looked very nervous - the way he shuffled his feet a little, and he had his shoulders all tensed up and while looking down at the floor. I had a feeling he'd miss at least one of those free throws. But I'm sure he'll watch footage of it and bounce back next game.

Boston's defense is what's been getting them back into the game. But still you could tell they sorely missed Perkins' rebounding, and just his presence overall. Would have helped a lot regarding Gasol - I doubt KG would have gotten that many fouls if Perkins was in the game. Farmar probably wouldn't have gotten a few of those high flying layups he had.

I don't really know how the Lakers take this win. It sort of feels like they won because Kobe's gamble paid off and KG happened to choke both free throws. It's not like he's Shaq, no one can expect it to happen - you'd expect an 80%+ FT shooter to make his damn charity shots in a situation like that. I don't know, I just feel like the Lakers should have won by more. I was expecting a blowout. Good thing is I doubt Phil will put in Chris Mihm, of all people, next game.

Game 6 will be a good one, looking forward to it.

Good High School Starter

Pressure is all on Boston to win game 6 now. They dont want to see Kobe in a game 7. Lakers have won this post season in SA and Utah, they are fully capable of winning in Boston! Here we go!

NBA lottery pick

At the end of the day, Lakers have to look at their defense. They have to start trapping Paul Pierce, before he gets into the lane. Gotta hit the boards harder and get those critical rebounds. We gotta start putting a body on Posey late in quarters when he starts draining threes.

Kobe - needs to be more aggressive, point blank. He has to drive to the basket and if nothing is open dish the ball out to a perimeter shooter.

Speaking of perimeter shooters - Vlad, Farmar, Sasha, Odom got to start making those open jump shots point blank. They missed far too many critical shots in game 5.

Gasol- gotta keep playing hard all game. He did decent in game 5, but he gotta play harder I think. Every time he goes weak to the basket, it's trouble. He has to go hard, not weak.

Vlad - Gotta stop playing dumb and ****ing up every other possession. The guy got a ridiculous technical foul called on him, bone head move on his part. He had some horrible passes and his offense was horrible! He can't play defense for ****, he has to work on that no matter what!!

Luke Walton - no real reason for him to be in the game. Luke Walton is a horrible defender and has 0 offense. I think he made one shot, and two air balls that ended up on Mars!

Chris Mihm- never should see any PT what so ever.

Ariza- Has to step up. Better defense and offense.

Turiaf- Play better defense, and make open shots and play smarter.

Phil Jackson- gotta stop making dumb ass substitutions. When players are hot leave them in the game. When players are sucking take them out. For example he left Luke Walton in the game after two straight bone head plays. He left Vlad in the game after multiple bone head plays! Do not keep players like these two in the game when they consistently make bad decisions.

Lakers can win 2 straight in Boston no doubt. If the fix their mistakes, they have a chance to make history!