Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Would it kill NBA players to be a little less dramatic these days?

Just picture in your mind for a moment... what would a Larry Bird or a Doctor J do when they made amazing plays... they quickly ran back on defense, didn't even look at the crowd most of the time let alone their opponent, and they never pounded their chest or screamed like a ****ing animal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyeXaAG-99w

This pound-your-chest-screaming-in-celebration generation of players makes me cringe. It's as cheesy and dramatic as watching reality tv competitors get all worked up on survivor. Unless the trend gets even more extreme in the future (which I just can't see happening) this era is going to be looked at in the future as one of the corniest softest era's in history with all the chest pounding, mean mugging, and ticy tac foul flopping despite the historically all-time low level of physicality. Good Christ that was an uncontested putback during the middle of a regular season game, calm the **** down Taj and get back on defense, it is your job to go for rebounds like that not a feat that required the energy output of a Super Saiyan.

Default Re: Would it kill NBA players to be a little less dramatic these days?

Ask Quinton Ross

dudes do it in college, too. I know if I was a coach I'd outlaw that shit. The first rule is celebrate AFTER the game because if you celebrate during the game and lose, you are a fool in hindsight.

-Smak

NBA Superstar

goddamn, that was embarassing act like you've been there before, Taj.

LeBrons chest thumping celebration shit is stupid as hell too. looks so forced.

Durant is the best at not falling into this line of shit. Dude will murder your team down the stretch, hit the game winner, and then walk off the floor with a dead stare on his face.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    goddamn, that was embarassing act like you've been there before, Taj.

LeBrons chest thumping celebration shit is stupid as hell too. looks so forced.

Durant is the best at not falling into this line of shit. Dude will murder your team down the stretch, hit the game winner, and then walk off the floor with a dead stare on his face.
    John Wall knows all about screaming lmao

It was like a 3 second thing, he just got caught up in the excitement. It's not like it was planned out or thought out. If it was something like Lebron's celebration after his game-winner against GS, where it was blatantly planned out (and painfully corny), that makes sense.

BTW the calm and composed defense of Kirk that started the break >>> the rebound by Taj. Why Taj decided to turn into a Super Saiyan after that rebound is beyond me I have no clue why he even thought that was such a huge deal.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    It was like a 3 second thing, he just got caught up in the excitement. It's not like it was planned out or thought out. If it was something like Lebron's celebration after his game-winner against GS, where it was blatantly planned out (and painfully corny), that makes sense.
    ^ this even we had beef in the past milbuck ill agree with this lol

...middle of a regular season game, wow so amazing Taj

Who cares, is my opinion. There's no right or wrong way to go about. A player is allowed to celebrate after making a play the same way as a player can do nothing.

I enjoy seeing the passion of the guys that celebrate. Even Lebron's weird celebration is fun, although corny

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

nothing wrong with enjoying the game

And after reading your post again, you really do just seem like a bitter old man CavaliersFTW lol

Banned

NBA players should act like robots unable to express any emotion, and to titillate us with any thought otherwise is just absurd.

Would it have killed Wilt to just be a little clutch?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    NBA players should act like robots unable to express any emotion, and to titillate us with any thought otherwise is just absurd.
    Peter Griffin?