Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year ashbelly's Avatar

Default Re: Orlando will still win in 6.

Quote Originally Posted by MrUnstopable
    You seem to think SVG is Mike Brown.

The Irony

RETIRED, ISH 2008-2013 willds09's Avatar

Default Re: Post-game thoughts on the Celtics beating Magic in 2010 East Conf Finals game 1

celtics are not going to see kobe in the finals, up by 20 and only win by a lucky 4 point lead?

National High School Star MrUnstopable's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harison
    You said sweep or 5 No matter, Magic were manhandled in the 1st, and all Celtics had to do is to win at least one of the first games away. Now they might get two wins before going to Boston, and you know how it would end.

There was no question which team was better, although I liked Magics 4th quarter, but clutch Ray and Pierce sealed the deal. Since Howard wont have much better games during the series, its up to Jameer, Gortat and Carter to show up every game to have a chance, which is a bit unlikely.
    Howard won't have much better games? Howard will rebound. Orlando not playing for 6 days hurt them this time. That was a physical game and there is no way you can simulate that in practice. Orlando has always been resilient and I have no reason to think they won't come back from this.

Magic Johnson

Default Re: Post-game thoughts on the Celtics beating Magic in 2010 East Conf Finals game 1

The Magic need to get over the mental hurdle in order to beat the Celtics. They've got all the pieces they need to win this series, but it doesn't look like they think they're good enough to win a 7 game series against them.

Default Re: Dwight, you let me and my main man Vince down..

Quote Originally Posted by theDragicLegacy
    Dwight's nothing without Hedo Turkoglu feeding him alleyoops
    You have a very 1dimensional view of the game.
    Hedo's doing great with the raps now btw

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Game 1 was a defensive game. The Celts defensive won the game, but they were lossing it in the 4th quarter in the game. The Magic needs to make their shots. They had a couple of open shots, but the ball didn't go in. It should be a interesting series.

Quote Originally Posted by Killbot
    Nelson vs. Rondo: A lot of Rondo's effectiveness is what he does in the open floor. Orlando is best in the league at getting back on the fast break. Why? Because Howard is their lone rebounder so everyone gets back in time. Nelson has been playing incredible ball in the playoffs averaging 21 ppg on 51 percent shooting. They both do great things for their respective teams and Rondo's man to man defense will be taken away because of the pick and roll play of the Magic.

Advantage: Even

Barnes vs. Allen: Matt Barnes will probably start off on Allen then Reddick will get his run at him. Don't laugh because Reddick made Allens life hell last year in the playoffs.. He was all over him

Advantage: Slight Advantage Allen

VC vs. Pierce: Pierce has been up and down this post season, mostly down. Vince the past 2 years has had a field day against the Celtics and is extremely crafty with getting shots and getting in the lane.

Advantage: Moderate Advantage VC

Lewis vs. KG: KG has been playing incredible this post season and you know Orlando will have a game plan for him. Whenever Lewis is overmatched with a big PF Orlando always shades with Howard and Perkins being a non threat offensively will make it easier to neutralize KG. Lewis is one of the best shooters in the NBA and can get his shot against anyone. He will have his hands full with KG though.

Advantage: Moderate Advantage KG

Howard vs. Perkins: Perkins always plays Howard great on defense but Howard always plays great defense and is a great rebounder on both ends of the floor. Perkins is tough though and will battle him for everything he gets. But Howard impacts the game in so many ways (help defense, offensive rebounding, altering shots, blocking shots, pick and roll defense) that even though Perkins might/will hold his points down, that doesn't mean Perk has impacted the game nearly as much as Howard

Advantage: Big Advantage Orlando

Bench: Orlando has one of the best benches in the league with Williams, Reddick, Pietrus, Anderson, Gortat, and Bass. They usually go 10 deep and should the series go 6 to 7 games their advantage of going up against an older team will be apparent. Outside of Tony Allen, Glen Davis, and Rasheed Wallace, they really don't go too deep to their bench.

Advantage: Big Advantage Orlando

My Official Prediction: Orlando in 5 or 6.

sorry dr. insidehoops.

i just felt to point it out that howard let a lot of people down. it's cool.

man, this must really mess with the magic's mind. they haven't lost in a month so how the hell are they gonna deal with this?? boston is coming strong so there's no room to play around. you're in a "real" series now.

play some ball, man.. i still believe in y'all.

Banned

Then why did you say this? By saying "this", you completely agree with everything that guy posted.

ISH is the home of overreactions. It seems like which ever team wins they get on the Bandwagon. Orlando is a great Away team and Boston isn't a great home team.
    We can all appreciate your devotion to being a supposed hardcore Magic fan, but truth of the matter is, your homerism is excessive enough to the point it discredits and clouds your judgment as a general NBA fan.

Speaking of bandwagon fans... Boston is and has forever been one of the more established teams in the league in terms of fan base. Orlando, completely different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Killbot
    Then why did you say this? By saying "this", you completely agree with everything that guy posted.
    You notice that was at the beginning right? Then when I went through the matchups and what not I made my OFFICIAL PREDICTION.

But you probably didn't see em losing g1 though?
    I would've thought (as a celtics fan) forget g1, let's see if they can take g2

You still think 5 or 6?

agree on JJ btw

Quote Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
    We can all appreciate your devotion to being a supposed hardcore Magic fan, but truth of the matter is, your homerism is excessive enough to the point it discredits and clouds your judgment as a general NBA fan.

Speaking of bandwagon fans... Boston is and has forever been one of the more established teams in the league in terms of fan base. Orlando, completely different story.
    Overreaction is people saying Howard has no offensive game, and is not going to have an impact on this series. I have read that multiple times. Boston is not unbeatable at home so what do you want me to say? That Orlando is done for? Come on now I believe Orlando will win this series and I stick by that.

win or lose. that game had me out of my seat!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dutchguy
    But you probably didn't see em losing g1 though?
    I would've thought (as a celtics fan) forget g1, let's see if they can take g2

You still think 5 or 6?

agree on JJ btw
    I thought that G1 was the most loseable game but this game was so up and down. Physical games like this are unpredictable especially when Orlando isn't executing. I didn't give much thought to Orlando not playing ball for 6 days then you throw them into a highly physical team that just played 3 days before.