Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Why can't Derrick Rose be back in time for the playoffs?

Russell Westbrook, when he got the same injury, went down on April 24th, and came back the 3rd game of the regular season the following season on November 3rd. This is roughly 6 months and 10 days of missed time.

Derrick Rose went down November 22nd. If we add 6 months and 10 days to this date, that leaves him returning at roughly May 1st, OR, the 2nd round of the playoffs where right now the Bulls would be matched up with the Pacers, a team they could absolutely beat in 7 with Rose in the picture.

Anyone have a good answer for this? Don't want to hear about the ACL injury since he recovered fully from that. Westbrook got 3 knee surgeries in 6 months and is still out there today playing the best basketball of his life.
    Last edited by russwest0; 03-25-2014 at 02:01 PM.

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Default Re: Why can't Derrick Rose be back in time for the playoffs?

Guy does not deserve to be compared to the likes of Westbrook.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Russell Westbrook, when he got the same injury, went down on April 24th, and came back the 3rd game of the regular season the following season on November 3rd. This is roughly 6 months and 10 days of missed time.

Derrick Rose went down November 22nd. If we add 6 months and 10 days to this date, that leaves him returning at roughly May 1st, OR, the 2nd round of the playoffs where right now the Bulls would be matched up with the Pacers, a team they could absolutely beat in 7 with Rose in the picture.

Anyone have a good answer for this? Don't want to hear about the ACL injury since he recovered fully from that. Westbrook got 3 knee surgeries in 6 months and is still out there today playing the best basketball of his life.
    How many more years does rose have on his max contract?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo
    Guy does not deserve to be compared to the likes of Westbrook.
    I'll definitely agree if he doesn't play in the 2nd round of the playoffs this year.

Sitting out a whole year and a half for an ACL injury, and then a whole year for a meniscus tear? Being injury prone is one thing, but straight up sitting out while able to play is another.

Local High School Star

westbrook and rose are not the same breed. only lebron is in that westbrook category of physical excellence

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Why can't I be MVP?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy77x
    I'm a Bulls but that pic made me laugh

You can't compare his competitive spirit and desire to play to Westbrook's, it's just not fair.

Dude needs to play already. Play in the fcking playoffs for fcks sake. I don't care if you suck or are terrible, you already have an excuse. Your team needs Willis Reed type motivation from you if all you can do is dress up and step out there for a few minutes.

Good college starter

We're talking about Rose here. He might even skip all of next season.

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    I'll definitely agree if he doesn't play in the 2nd round of the playoffs this year.

Sitting out a whole year and a half for an ACL injury, and then a whole year for a meniscus tear? Being injury prone is one thing, but straight up sitting out while able to play is another.
    Honestly, I really like rose's game but this shit is pissing me off. This guy is the definition of a mental midget. Look at how guys like Westbrook, Livingston, Grant Hill, etc who suffered serious injuries worked so hard to get back to the game while Rose sits at home skittles. When Yao Ming broke his foot he was practicing freethrows on a wheelchair

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo
    Honestly, I really like rose's game but this shit is pissing me off. This guy is the definition of a mental midget. Look at how guys like Westbrook, Livingston, Grant Hill, etc who suffered serious injuries worked so hard to get back to the game while Rose sits at home skittles. When Yao Ming broke his foot he was practicing freethrows on a wheelchair
    Yup, it's clear even while out with injury Westbrook got a TON of shots up to work on his shooting. Has been shooting like 42% from 3pt land since returning after the all star break.

Shit is annoying to me too. He should have came back last year in the playoffs and at the very least got a rhythm going heading into the offseason. Instead he waits until the preseason, gets like 30 minutes a game there, has his coming out party destroying 2nd units, and then gets hurt in the regular season again, and is going to sit out longer than he needs to to miss the playoffs AGAIN.

It comes to a point where you have to ask, what are you playing for?

Westbrook even finished off the 2nd half of the game that he tore his meniscus in, because it's the playoffs and it's win or go home. It's where the true stars of this league show up and right now it's becoming hard to consider Rose a star when he sits out because of some weak ass "Muscle memory" excuse and for whatever reason he will this year. Westbrook could be barely able to walk and would still try to give it a go.

Derrick Rose is a choker, mental midget, and most importantly, a bad role model for all the young-aspiring basketball players. Dude is done.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    Derrick Rose is a choker, mental midget, and most importantly, a bad role model for all the young-aspiring basketball players. Dude is done.
    that's a little too much.

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    Did he bang your sister, why so much salt?