Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How does Isiah Thomas do what he do at 5'9"?

I don't like his tendency to go Hero Ball in close games. Fact is he's not a good enough decision maker or clutch shot maker to be that guy yet. Also, He also doesn't move his feet enough on defense for my liking; he's prone to reaching when his man starts to make a move to the hoop, which I don't like. He's quick enough to move his feet and beat his man to the spot properly more consistently than he does.

With Marcus Smart injured, he's seeing a serious uptick in his minutes and the impact on his jumper is noticeable. He's getting gassed right now so hopefully he improves his conditioning some.

Otherwise, solid pickup. His and Jae Crowder's impact on our team since the trading deadline can't be emphasized enough.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

As a Celtic fan, I have to agree with Derka that he's flawed to the point of it probably being fatal for a title contender, but he's a great bench sparkplug, because he is completely fearless, and could absolutely be that dude on a title team.

I think the gameplay difference between him and other smaller guys is that he doesn't play straight ahead at all. He's loaded with back steps and euro steps and all sorts of funky releases and English off the backboard that allow him to finish more than most guys his size.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

I don't think he gets enough recognition for being a great under 6 footer

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

I think his role right now doesn't match his abilites.

He is a PERFECT sixth man for a championship team, one of the best scorers in the league and can heat a game in a second. If a team like OKC weren't so stupid to pay that much to Kanter and Ibaka, they would very well split the money between Isaiah and a legit C.

Boston have some really interesting assets that could be used to build a pretty interesting team, especially improving that frontcourt, and give IT a role that suits him more.

Decent college freshman

He black