Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: What will the Pelicans do with trades this year?

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Do you see ad as a center? Because you just named Ryan Anderson twice and the idea I was hoping was that they needed to unload him
    AD should be a center. but his role should be similar to Duncan. sometimes a center, sometimes a PF. depending on what the situation calls for.

Local High School Star

Sullinger, young and a top 5 pick. would pelicans do it?

marcus smart
    avery bradley
    jae crowder
    amir johnson
    anthony Davis

best defensive rating of all time !!
    Last edited by jdm_dc_fan; 12-15-2015 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jdm_dc_fan
    !
    No they wouldn't. Not even close. Give the max of 3 firsts and still wouldn't

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by jdm_dc_fan

marcus smart
    avery bradley
    jae crowder
    amir johnson
    anthony Davis

best defensive rating of all time !!
    Would the Pels trade the #1 trade asset in the league for two bench players and a decent lotto pick?

They wouldn't take any and every asset BOS has.

Ugh.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Reke, Jrue, and Anderson all have legit trade value though imo.
    Anderson is one of the 4 worst defensive players in the NBA. No one is banging down that door.

Jrue has career threatening medical issues. No one is banging down that door.

Reke is on a friendly deal and would net a fair package. But he is far from the player teams want. More problematically, the Pels NEED him.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    Anderson is one of the 4 worst defensive players in the NBA. No one is banging down that door.

Jrue has career threatening medical issues. No one is banging down that door.

Reke is on a friendly deal and would net a fair package. But he is far from the player teams want. More problematically, the Pels NEED him.

If they aren't keeping them...you move them even if you get 10 cents on the dollar.

It's simple.

What is better? Get something in return for this guys now....be bad and get a better pick...or

Keep them, lose them in free agency, get nothing...

I don't care if it's literally the 40th pick in the draft and cash for Ryan...you do that immediately if you are giving up on this season and don't plan to pay him

This team was built by idiots that rushed the process...been obvious for 3 years now

FYI...teams are calling the Pelicans about Ryan as we speak...it's currently being reported.

I mean...if they could move Reke, Ryan, and Jrue....for something like a first rounder, a couple 2nd rounders, and maybe a young player....I think you have to do it. Again, assuming they aren't stupid enough to think those are the guys they are going to be rolling with 5 years from now...

But this is the kind of decision smart teams make. The magic ****ed this up with Afflalo a couple years ago and cost them a better chance to land Wiggins. If the Pelicans don't clean house soon it's probably going to be a large mistake. I'm assuming they can't get rid of Asik, but if they could...shed him as well.

They'd be left with Davis, Pondexter, Ajinca, Gee, and Cunningham I think....with tons of cap space and a likely top 5 pick if they shed the above players.

Sucks because the last few years would be worthless, but better to just admit their horrible and pathetically short sighted mistakes than to continue down a losing path just because they are stubborn and unwilling to admit they were wrong

Who knows....this franchise is beyond frustrating and it's a shame what they've done
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 12-16-2015 at 12:31 PM.