Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Decent playground baller

Default Re: "The Chief" Robert Parrish wasn't enamored by MJ

Quote Originally Posted by Dragic4Life
    Did Scottie "50 Greatest Player of All Time" Pippen come to mike's defense?

Did big brother help out lil mike?
    Funny coming from a fan of a guy that requires 2 all-stars on his team at all times.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Well maybe Bird should have taken notes from Magic's leadership while he watched Magic lead the Lakers over his Celtics 66% of the time they met in the finals..
    There was nothing Bird could do, David Stern was fully behind Magic and the Fakers organization back then.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    Boss.
    Indeed.

MJ wasn't a real tough guy. Never has. In many cases he just talk tougher than he was. He's not a coward either. Far from it. You could say he's just above average in terms of "toughness".

To say those things to Robert Parish, you can't be cowardly. He's a large man who could mess you up. He's tough enough to say it but not tough (or stupid) enough to really follow through.

It's like you met Fedor and shouting insults at him. Clearly you have some bravery.

College superstar

Didn't Bill Cartwright threaten to break MJ's legs or something like that after MJ had said something to him in practice?

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    Didn't Bill Cartwright threaten to break MJ's legs or something like that after MJ had said something to him in practice?
    love it

Never did think bullying was a good way to "lead" a team. Call a guy out for not hustling, get mad, w/e sure. But to threaten to kick people's asses and shit like MJ used to do? Punch guys in the face? (he did that, can't remember who but he punched guys). MJ was a bully to the degree that it was counterproductive to his legacy. He'd have achieved the same success without trying to intimidate his teammates, I've never heard of any stories of Bill Russell punching his own teammates and calling them ******s, and he was better at winning than MJ.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    love it

Never did think bullying was a good way to "lead" a team. Call a guy out for not hustling, get mad, w/e sure. But to threaten to kick people's asses and shit like MJ used to do? Punch guys in the face? (he did that, can't remember who but he punched guys). MJ was a bully to the degree that it was counterproductive to his legacy. He'd have achieved the same success without trying to intimidate his teammates, I've never heard of any stories of Bill Russell punching his own teammates and calling them ******s, and he was better at winning than MJ.

Steve Kerr was one of them, I can't remember off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure MJ has puched out multiple team mates . It's kinda a chicken shit move because if you are MJ's team mate you know in the back of your mind there will be hell to pay if you seriously fucc him up.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    I found the excerpt. I was a little off, but the gist of it was still the same:

JORDAN AND BILL CARTWRIGHT
    MJ and Bill Cartwright were, for a time, co-captains of the Bulls.

Sam Smith, in ""The Jordan Rules"" wrote that Jordan had no respect for Cartwright, told his teammates to keep the ball away from Cartwright in crucial late-game situations (even if coach Doug Collins called a play involving Cartwright), and bellittled the veteran publicly. Cartwright confronted Jordan:

Excerpt: He didn't do or say anything to anybody until late that season, when he told Jordan he needed to talk to him.

There was little small talk exchanged. "I don't like the things I've heard you saying about me," Cartwright told Jordan.

Jordan stared at him.

"If I ever hear again that you're telling guys not to pass me the ball," Cartwright continued, "you will never play basketball again."

Link

Yeah, Mj didn't pick on everyone lol. I was more shocked by the Vernon maxwell interview recently, Mj was asking him to tone it down on the floor. Almost pleading?

Parrish would KO'ed Jordan

And I wish it had come to that.

Quote Originally Posted by BlakFrankWhite
    Parrish would KO'ed Jordan

And I wish it had come to that.

Many players hate Jordan, is this supposed to be some big news nobody knows about?

Besides, Parish was winning rings first before Michael did. If I was on his shoes I wouldn't care about Jordan either. It's called pride, google it.

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

lmao parish, **** off ya scrub, let gods be

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    Steve Kerr was one of them, I can't remember off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure MJ has puched out multiple team mates . It's kinda a chicken shit move because if you are MJ's team mate you know in the back of your mind there will be hell to pay if you seriously fucc him up.
    If Cartwright had actually broken Jordan's legs he would have literally gotten killed.

Not in the shape to do it now, but if I keep up strength training, the version of myself in about 2 years would have body checked the shit out of him. It's really hard to piss me off...So stuff like trash talking doesn't faze me...Nor does physical play, but if he pulled what he did on Kerr to me he would of ended up with a bad injury. That shit doesn't fly with me

You don't treat grown ass men like that, especially teammates. He wasn't a full blown narcissist, but he had a strong narcissistic personality and an apparent tendency to rage out treating people like shit...Which is the kryptonite to my usual easy going/nice personality.

Russell/Bird leadership style > Jordans
    Last edited by jongib369; 03-26-2015 at 11:33 AM.