Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Realtalk. NOT TROLLING. Ever wondered why Kobe

always has an "injury" every single season? FourthTenor posted about this today and I realized yes..He always has. Which is sadly used by some of the media guys that like him and stans that rides him. (esp.posters in here)

That's why he's labeled "simply amazing" when he plays great, and a "warrior" when he doesn't. 'Cause he's playing "hurt".

Not that he's not great player because he is. Top 3 guard of all-time. But it's just fishy that he always has that "lingering injury".

Before you Kobe stans react violently, why not think about it without bias?

Banned

Default Re: Realtalk. NOT TROLLING. Ever wondered why Kobe

Well I feel like he's not the same athletically as these other guys. I never saw him as the Lebron or Howard type of athlete who is just a complete physical specimen... He's not the fastest or the strongest or jumps the highest.. but he plays in a way that is just as physically demanding as what lebron and howard and players like that put themselves through. I think sooner or later throughout the year something rips or bruises or whatnot. Hes still a god tier athlete dont get me wrong, but role players go through this one injury every year as well so I feel like the comparison has to be drawn there.

I see your point and it sucks for guys like me who dont care about excuses AS much and just want to see the guy not limp around and play at his best... I would much rather see a shot go in than see him miss and massage his thumb for example. This is just one rational explanation out of possibly infinite.. But its never been one LINGERING injury , its always something else by the way that part in your post is wrong. Heal his ankle tears thumb ligament. Jams finger, heals finger, twists ankle. Never 1 same injury like say Tmacs back.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Y'all really need to stop posting threads like these, proving y'all truly know nothing about basketball. The terminolgy is not new, it's been around since the inception of the sport. It's new to y'all cuz again, it's real proof y'all know nothing about basketball. Google Willis Reed and learn something. Wade, Iverson, Jordan, Magic, ALL had injuries they played through, and got labeled the same thing. Has nothing to do with Kobe. The very fact that these insinuations are coming from bandwagon Lebron fans, is purely hypocritical and asinine.

Stop embarrassing yourself
    Last edited by LakersReign; 12-26-2011 at 08:38 AM.

One season it's his fingers, the other its his knee, then his wrist. It is a little shady because it's EVERY year. Kobe could \ have a strong pain threshold, who really knows?

I was wondering this to.... its very fishy

Decent college freshman

fucc the rapist

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    Well I feel like he's not the same athletically as these other guys. I never saw him as the Lebron or Howard type of athlete who is just a complete physical specimen... He's not the fastest or the strongest or jumps the highest.. but he plays in a way that is just as physically demanding as what lebron and howard and players like that put themselves through. I think sooner or later throughout the year something rips or bruises or whatnot. Hes still a god tier athlete dont get me wrong, but role players go through this one injury every year as well so I feel like the comparison has to be drawn there.

I see your point and it sucks for guys like me who dont care about excuses AS much and just want to see the guy not limp around and play at his best... I would much rather see a shot go in than see him miss and massage his thumb for example. This is just one rational explanation out of possibly infinite.. But its never been one LINGERING injury , its always something else by the way that part in your post is wrong. Heal his ankle tears thumb ligament. Jams finger, heals finger, twists ankle. Never 1 same injury like say Tmacs back.
    Fair enough. Good post. One of the few Laker fans who aren't annoying.

Banned

I wonder if we can compile a list of what it was every year? I remember nothing before 05.. When did it begin?

05- knee
    06- ?
    07- ?
    08- ?
    09- finger
    10- finger
    11- ankle
    12- ligament

I wonder if we can compile a list of what it was every year? I remember nothing before 05.. When did it begin?

05- knee
    06- ?
    07- ?
    08- ?
    09- finger
    10- finger
    11- ankle
    12- ligament
    That's about it I guess. Not sure if it's 08 or 09. It started his decline.. 'Cause 07-08 was his last complete athletic season.

He either is lying or is the most physically sensitive basketball player in NBA history... ? All he did was slide down on his bum when the wrist injury happened, just like he has 1000000000000000000000000 times in his life.... the wrist/arm didnt look like having any weird position upon landing...

I am leaning towards the LIE.......... even if its not a lie, he sure loves to sugarcoat it!!
    For example........... next time you watch Kobe play notice what i am going to say is gona happen, unless you have already seen what im going to say....

Alright... lets say Kobe hits a jumpshot, and1 or some type of clutch shot (example, game against Bulls)... after each such basket Kobe will grab his wrist and grimmace... to remind you: "Aaaaaaaaaaaand i did it with a injury remember!"............ he never does this when he misses or loses a game or something non impressive like that....... because that would be obvious and stupid....... and he doesnt have to, because he has already sugarcoated it the way i mentioned previously.... now you can use that as an excuse if you are a Kobe fan or the Media...............

its not only the wrist... he did this with his fingers previously and so on....... always the same thing.... please think about this next time you watch Kobe, its kindof hilarious...

You can be a DOUCHEBAG..... but that doesnt mean you are not smart.......
    Last edited by pauk; 12-26-2011 at 08:56 AM.

05- knee
    06- ?
    07- ?
    08- ?
    09- finger
    10- finger
    11- ankle
    12- ligament
    00-ankle
    01-????
    02-????
    03-knee
    04-knee
    05- knee
    06- knee
    07- back
    08- finger
    09- finger
    10- finger
    11- ankle
    12- ligament
    Last edited by LJJ; 12-26-2011 at 09:00 AM.

Cali Love

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    He either is lying or is the most physically sensitive basketball player in NBA history... ? All he did was slide down on his bum when the wrist injury happened, just like he has 1000000000000000000000000 times in his life.... the wrist/arm didnt look like having any weird position upon landing...

I am leaning towards the LIE.
    In professional sports there are things like MRI's, diagnosis' and other resources, you know that right?

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...listed-day-day
    Bryant was examined by Dr. Steven Shin of the Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic and underwent an MRI exam on Wednesday.

Results show that Bryant has a torn lunotriquetral ligament. The lunotriquetral ligament is a band of tissue that connects bones in the wrist.

"These are tiny little ligaments that keep the multiple bones in your wrist together so that you have movement as well as stability," Dr. Robert Klapper, an orthopaedic surgeon at Cedars-Sinai Medical Group, told 710 ESPN Los Angeles' "Max & Marcellus Show."
    But you are so big of a retard that i'm not even going to bother after this. Have a good day

Quote Originally Posted by brownmamba00
    In professional sports there are things like MRI's, diagnosis' and other resources, you know that right?

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...listed-day-day

But you are so big of a retard that i'm not even going to bother after this. Have a good day
    Obviously this article was completely falsified to give Kobe an excuse. Don't you know? His wrist is obviously fine.

And his mangled fingers that are blatantly apparent? Photoshopped.

When he rolled his ankle last year? Clearly the cameramen edited live footage and doctored the video.

The guy came straight out of high school has basiclly always been in the playoffs and plays overrseas during a lot of the offseasons.

Needless to say the man has a lot of wear and tear on that body and makes it even worse because he doesn't rest his injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Obviously this article was completely falsified to give Kobe an excuse. Don't you know? His wrist is obviously fine.

And his mangled fingers that are blatantly apparent? Photoshopped.

When he rolled his ankle last year? Clearly the cameramen edited live footage and doctored the video.
    Even his divorce and trial were fake to may him look better.

Now, seriously, I don't think it's excuses or anything, just the press making stories out of everything.