Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Per Woj: Brooklyn and Charlotte Talking on Trading Joe Johnson/Lance Stephenson

Banned

Default Re: Per Woj: Brooklyn and Charlotte Talking on Trading Joe Johnson/Lance Stephenson

Pistons would kiss any and all chances of making the playoffs goodbye.

Default Re: Per Woj: Brooklyn and Charlotte Talking on Trading Joe Johnson/Lance Stephenson

This is why I didn't want that phakkit Lance in the All Star team last year

Nets would get Marvin Williams and Gerald Henderson too.

Am I the only one who finds it hilarious how irrelevant the Nets are?

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    Good trade for Nets.
    They younger in one deal.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Good trade for Nets.
    They younger in one deal.
    That's what I am saying. Johnson brought done good times but obviously doesn't work if you peep the record. If he can bring some youth and athleticism with his monster contract the nets have to at least try

Banned

Henderson is arguably the 2nd best player in the deal right now. Nets are getting a steal for the JJ contract.

I think JJ would do wonders for Charlotte. They are in desperate need of a great shooter... and if there is one thing JJ can still do, it's shoot.

If you're wondering when the Nets will hit rock bottom, acquiring Lance and the current report they are "evaluating" Hollins probably signal it's close

JJ MIGHT make Charlotte a 2nd round team, which is good considering they would like to have some playoff experience for guys like Kemba. That contract though :/

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    JJ MIGHT make Charlotte a 2nd round team, which is good considering they would like to have some playoff experience for guys like Kemba. That contract though :/
    Johnson expires after next season.
    If the Nets don't trade JJ, they might release next year and stretch out his contract, saving them 16 million next year in cap space.

That's what I am saying. Johnson brought done good times but obviously doesn't work if you peep the record. If he can bring some youth and athleticism with his monster contract the nets have to at least try
    If LS doesn't work out, his contract becomes an expirer next year, so they can trade him out or just not pick up the team option in the next year after that.

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    JJ MIGHT get Charlotte their first playoff win since they were the original Hornets, but he ain't getting them out of the first round.

I like the trade from an on-court perspective. Lance has been erratic, his passing good, but his play in crunchtime has been his downfall, turnovers and all. When the Hornets beat teams especially on this run right now, they've rarely put up more than 90. They need another scorer.

I don't like getting rid of Henderson, but it may help with the rotation issue they're having.