Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: When is the last time someone was CLEARLY

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Would take 06 Wade over 06 Kobe anyday.
    agreed. i would also take 92 drexler over 92 jordan anyday.

College superstar

When was the last time someone was CLEARLY the best in the league?
    Probably Shaq during the Lakers 3-peat.

Lebron is CLEARLY the best in the business.
    I agree, these last two years he' easily been the best player in the league and very few people would say otherwise. Although not quite as dominant as Shaq was, he's approached that level.

And yes, this is a Kobe fan boy attack threat. why? Because yall are doing everything to attack LBJ because it was always arguable whether Kobe was best in the league at any time in his carear.
    Now this just makes you come off as an insecure LeBron fan boy and/or Kobe hater.

He has been in the mix with Shaq, Lebron, Wade, Dirk, Nash, T-mac, Dancan, KG etc.
    True, but I don't think many people would argue or disagree that Kobe was the best player in the league from 2006-2008.

[/QUOTE]Who is Lebron in the mix with this year? Durant is an honorable mention, but he is not as good as LBJ at this point in most peoples eyes.[/QUOTE] Actually right now and since the All-Star break, Kobe is indeed in the mix and if he's not better than James, he's the closest one. Not for the whole year but just talking about right now and since the All-Star break he's right there.
    Last edited by Ne 1; 03-12-2013 at 06:14 PM.

I rule the local playground Joey3000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rysio
    since the all star break kobe been by far the best player in the league its not even close. your just deluded by the stat padded box scores if you think lebrick is even close to mamba right now.

Kobe is better than Lebron and its not even close? Cuz he beat a few sub .500 teams? Never mind Lebron leading his team to the best record in the league and having the longest winning streak this year while leading his team in most stat categories?

R u on Crack?

I rule the local playground Joey3000's Avatar

And what is this week "Since allstar break" crap? We are talking bout best player in the league, not best player for stretches.

The whole season makes the year. Kobe doesnt even know if Utah will let him into the playoffs right now.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joey3000
    And what is this week "Since allstar break" crap? We are talking bout best player in the league, not best player for stretches.

The whole season makes the year. Kobe doesnt even know if Utah will let him into the playoffs right now.
    In the other thread you just said not even 10 minutes ago: "Don't give me circumstances. right here, right now." Well... if a 7 game series started today, I would not trade Kobe for LeBron. That's right here, right now.

For a whole year? I don't know about that. But for a series right now? I'm not trading Kobe for anyone.

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

What the hell? Kobe is the last player to clearly be the best in the league, 08-10. Bronze is the best from 11-present

College superstar

Would take 06 Wade over 06 Kobe anyday.
    In that case would you also take '08 Pierce over '08 Kobe?

Clearly the best cannot be for a game, week, month or even a season in my opinion. It needs to be for at least a couple of seasons, so that ANY GM would trade any player straight across if money/cap were not involved.

As great as Kobe is, I do not think he was ever in that position. LeBron was so good immediately, that Kobe never really had his own time. Would the Lakers have traded Kobe for LeBron straight across from 2005-2009? Absolutely.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    In that case would you also take '08 Pierce over '08 Kobe?

No. I believe 08 Kobe was him at the peak of his prime, even if they lost in the Finals.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Kobe is better than Lebron and its not even close? Cuz he beat a few sub .500 teams? Never mind Lebron leading his team to the best record in the league and having the longest winning streak this year while leading his team in most stat categories?

R u on Crack?
    Dude they are trolls you just ignore them or you are gonna have a problem.They will attack you like ants.Kennethgriffin/rysio/riphtetik.

Just ignore these fools because you are not going to have a reasonable conversation with them.

That said kobe has never been regarded as consensus best player in his career 2006-2008 or before that.Because i have been around nba forums back then too.Especially after wade 2006 and duncan 2007 rings and lebron absolute stat stuffing starting from 2006-? kobe has never been regarded as clear cut best player.He has always been in discussion and was often the first name that came up during the discussion.Especially after lebron got the scoring title and averaged 30-8-7 lebron took over #1 spot again arguably not like now.

Quote Originally Posted by vert48
    Clearly the best cannot be for a game, week, month or even a season in my opinion. It needs to be for at least a couple of seasons, so that ANY GM would trade any player straight across if money/cap were not involved.
    If so, LeBron now and before him, Shaq.

As great as Kobe is, I do not think he was ever in that position. LeBron was so good immediately, that Kobe never really had his own time. Would the Lakers have traded Kobe for LeBron straight across from 2005-2009? Absolutely.
    Due to age and marketability at the time, maybe. I'm not sure though. And based on pure basketball results? Would you have traded 2006 Kobe for 2006 LeBron? I knoe for sure I wouldn't have.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

No. I believe 08 Kobe was him at the peak of his prime, even if they lost in the Finals.
    Dude there has always been many threads articles et. that lebron has taken over as the best player in the game.You can just check the pages around 2000s.
    You can see many threads.Dont forget lebron started the season averaging 31-8-8 and win games by himself many times.

Lebron even back in 2006 has been argued as best player and MVP until the last month of the league.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arifgokcen
    Dude there has always been many threads articles et. that lebron has taken over as the best player in the game.You can just check the pages around 2000s.
    You can see many threads.Dont forget lebron started the season averaging 31-8-8 and win games by himself many times.

Lebron even back in 2006 has been argued as best player and MVP until the last month of the league.
    I never said Kobe was the best player in 08

99-02 - Shaq
    03- Duncan
    04- Garnett
    05- Duncan
    06- Wade
    07 Duncan
    08 Lebron
    09- LeBron
    10- Lebron
    11- Dirk
    12- Lebron

^ You have lots of red bars.

Local High School Star

R u on Crack?
    leading his team to the best record in the weak east playing on the most stacked team of all time yea im so impressed.

and i dont care what stat padding lebrick does to lead his team in most categories its not important the game is not 1 on 5 only internet stat geeks get excited when this clown is stealing rebounds from his teammates padding assist numbers passing up wide open shots and cherry picking shots to save fg% just to make dumb fans think he's 1 man army at it again like he was a few years in clevleland.

thank god there's still some educated bball fans like my self who see right through this fraud.