Default My Propositions, what's yours

1. Change the format to top 16 teams league wide and not based on conference, in that way, you eliminate bad teams qualifying because their teams of their conference suck. If there's a tie, let them play an elimination game.

2. Put a limit on tanking teams getting top picks. If the Sixers already got top 5 picks in the last 3 years, the highest pick they can get next will be the 8th pick. In lieu to them getting help from the draft, they will allowed to go over the cap by $20 Million. In this way, they will be forced to get help somewhere else other than the draft. Sixers could have signed better free agents instead of just fully focusing on cheap college players.

3. Allow teams to put a franchise tag on their top 3 players. If their franchise players join another team, the receiving team must give up their next 2 first rounders to the abandoned team.

4. Put a cap on salaries received on players with prolonged injuries. If they missed more than 50% of the regular season games, they only get 70% of their salary. Half of the 30% not received will be saved and be in deferred payments on the next 5 years. The team also will be allowed to pick up a FA.It's not like these players will die of starvation, Some of them actually take their sweet time to play again.
    5. No more hacking fouls. This prolongs the game and becomes too boring. Allow the teams to waive the right to take the FTs and let them inbound the ball if the foul committed is away from the play.
    6. Teams who get the top 5 picks must pay the league which goes to the player's retirement fund. Top 1 pick will cost the team 3 Mil.
    2nd pick will cost 2.5 Mil, 3rd pick will be 2 Mil. It's about time these tanking teams pay the price and not simply get hand outs. They don't only save money by not paying FA's, but they also get AN EXTRA INCENTIVE by paying the top young players with a MUCH LOWER salary.
    7. Allow a 4pt shot from the halfcourt. This will bring more excitement esp for teams losing by more than 3 pts in the final minutes.
    Last edited by tamaraw08; 11-10-2016 at 02:30 AM.

Default Re: My Propositions, what's yours

Franchise tag a good thing but not top 3, should only be one player. Sadly, the NBAPA would never allow that to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    1. Change the format to top 16 teams league wide and not based on conference, in that way, you eliminate bad teams qualifying because their teams of their conference suck. If there's a tie, let them play an elimination game.

2. Put a limit on tanking teams getting top picks. If the Sixers already got top 5 picks in the last 3 years, the highest pick they can get next will be the 8th pick. In lieu to them getting help from the draft, they will allowed to go over the cap by $20 Million. In this way, they will be forced to get help somewhere else other than the draft. Sixers could have signed better free agents instead of just fully focusing on cheap college players.

3. Allow teams to put a franchise tag on their top 3 players. If their franchise players join another team, the receiving team must give up their next 2 first rounders to the abandoned team.

4. Put a cap on salaries received on players with prolonged injuries. If they missed more than 50% of the regular season games, they only get 70% of their salary. Half of the 30% not received will be saved and be in deferred payments on the next 5 years. The team also will be allowed to pick up a FA.It's not like these players will die of starvation, Some of them actually take their sweet time to play again.
    5. No more hacking fouls. This prolongs the game and becomes too boring. Allow the teams to waive the right to take the FTs and let them inbound the ball if the foul committed is away from the play.
    6. Teams who get the top 5 picks must pay the league which goes to the player's retirement fund. Top 1 pick will cost the team 3 Mil.
    2nd pick will cost 2.5 Mil, 3rd pick will be 2 Mil. It's about time these tanking teams pay the price and not simply get hand outs. They don't only save money by not paying FA's, but they also get AN EXTRA INCENTIVE by paying the top young players with a MUCH LOWER salary.
    7. Allow a 4pt shot from the halfcourt. This will bring more excitement esp for teams losing by more than 3 pts in the final minutes.

1. Keep in mind Teams play their conference teams more. 4 and 3 times to just 2 from the other conference. So that wouldn't be that fair. Let's say that the West has 5 scrub teams that keep losing, or tanking, that would be unfair to an Eastern conference in which the middle is far more competetive. Keep it the way it is. (Just examples, not saying East is uber competetive or that the West is filled with scrubs.)

2. Great Idea. I like it. Wouldn't change a thing from the way you put it.

3. Don't like it so much. It makes Free Agency less 'Free'. The whole thing about Free Agency, if you look in history, is that it gives the Players freedom and power, rather then tie them in chains to a franchise. Doing that would be unfair towards a player. Think a Cousins style player, who gave years to a franchise, only to find out some teams won't pay him what his due saying ''Dude, we're losing two picks for you. You aren't getting that 5th year on the contract.'' The new contract should be between the new team and the player. That's it. Free Agency. His original team? They bought his services, not his soul.

4. Once more, player rights. Player used to not get paid when injured. I say, not a cap on salaries, but let it come off the Payroll, that could be helpful. Pretty sure that exists (?) Look up Oscar Robertson leading the player strike in regards to players not being paid when injured. That's ****ed up man.

5. Yup, Yup, Yup. Ditto.

6. Sounds good, needs some tinkering to make sense, but I like the idea of limiting teams who are thriving on low salaries (Like mine lol)

7. NO. Please. GOD. No. NO. Please. That would be awful.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKAT
    1. Keep in mind Teams play their conference teams more. 4 and 3 times to just 2 from the other conference. So that wouldn't be that fair. Let's say that the West has 5 scrub teams that keep losing, or tanking, that would be unfair to an Eastern conference in which the middle is far more competetive. Keep it the way it is. (Just examples, not saying East is uber competetive or that the West is filled with scrubs.)

2. Great Idea. I like it. Wouldn't change a thing from the way you put it.

3. Don't like it so much. It makes Free Agency less 'Free'. The whole thing about Free Agency, if you look in history, is that it gives the Players freedom and power, rather then tie them in chains to a franchise. Doing that would be unfair towards a player. Think a Cousins style player, who gave years to a franchise, only to find out some teams won't pay him what his due saying ''Dude, we're losing two picks for you. You aren't getting that 5th year on the contract.'' The new contract should be between the new team and the player. That's it. Free Agency. His original team? They bought his services, not his soul.

4. Once more, player rights. Player used to not get paid when injured. I say, not a cap on salaries, but let it come off the Payroll, that could be helpful. Pretty sure that exists (?) Look up Oscar Robertson leading the player strike in regards to players not being paid when injured. That's ****ed up man.

5. Yup, Yup, Yup. Ditto.

6. Sounds good, needs some tinkering to make sense, but I like the idea of limiting teams who are thriving on low salaries (Like mine lol)

7. NO. Please. GOD. No. NO. Please. That would be awful.
    About the FA proposition, I am not preventing the free agency from leaving, I just want to compensate the abandoned team with a couple of draft picks. OKC look ok for now but in reality, their championship dreams int he next 2 years have virtually died just right there. I believe NFL have instituted this too.
    About prolonged injuries, Please read the bottom of the proposition, Bec in the end, the player will eventually still get paid, only on prolonged periods. I just hated the way other players took their sweet time to help their team again eventho doctors have cleared them to play. Derrick Rose's and TMac's own doctors cleared them and still they refused which resulted to their teams really suffering.

4-Pointer?

I'm baack!!

Kind of off topic but I have a few for in-game rules:

1) Extend the corner 3 area. How many times do we see guys step out of bounds when they plant to drive and step out of bounds? That area is just too small.

2) Why stop play when the 24 second clock expires? That penalizes the D for playing good D when they should be able to get the ball in rhythm in take it up court.