Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Good High School Starter lakers-city's Avatar

Default Re: Who is the greatest rebounder of all-time ?

Quote Originally Posted by dejordan
    shaq just took up so much and was really explosive off the floor. he could get 11 boards without trying.
    and that, ironically, is one of very few things that i disliked about him despite being one of my all-time favorite players, if shaq had tried 100% he could have been a 15 rpg rebounder, dude already holds the record for most offensive rebounds in the playoffs with 816 but he could have been better on the defensive end.

Mars Blackmon Lives!

Quote Originally Posted by lakers-city
    and that, ironically, is one of very few things that i disliked about him despite being one of my all-time favorite players, if shaq had tried 100% he could have been a 15 rpg rebounder, dude already holds the record for most offensive rebounds in the playoffs with 816 but he could have been better on the defensive end.
    he definitely gave up on some boards he could have taken pretty easily. i could never tell if it was just laziness or if he was trying to stay out of foul trouble.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

1. Wilt Chamberlien- 22.9
    2. Bill Russel- 22.5
    3. Bob Pettit- 16.2

The only argument here should be between Russell and Chamberlien.

While I was looking up stats I came across something interesting.

Tim Duncan is:

#16 All-Time in rebounds per game
    #23 All-Time in points per game
    #12 All-Time in blocks per game.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    1. Wilt Chamberlien- 22.9
    2. Bill Russel- 22.5
    3. Bob Pettit- 16.2

The only argument here should be between Russell and Chamberlien.
    again, we already stated how their numbers are inflated thanks to 25-30 extra available rebounds per game compared to the modern era, if you adjust the numbers and minutes they are barely better than rodman or barkley, if better at all.

again, we already stated how their numbers are inflated thanks to 25-30 extra available rebounds per game compared to the modern era, if you adjust the numbers and minutes they are barely better than rodman or barkley, if better at all.
    Right but as the game grows so should the players. We can't dock those guys because of inflation because if that were true everone from that era would have inflated numbers (at least more than two). I mean, IMO if those guys played today they wouldn't come close to what they did, but I still think they are the best rebounders ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    While I was looking up stats I came across something interesting.

Tim Duncan is:

#16 All-Time in rebounds per game
    #23 All-Time in points per game
    #12 All-Time in blocks per game.

oh c'mon, duncan ? dude is not even the best rebounder among active players much less all-time, wallace, kg, shaq and d-howard all have a better eye for rebounding, garnett flat out rebounds much more than duncan does and the other 3 are (in shaq's case, were) much better offensive rebounders than duncan has ever been.

Barkley >>> Rodman

Banned

Rodman.

the dude defines rebounding. anyone who thinks Wilt would get more... I don't know what to tell you. how could anyone get more boards than Rodman? have you watched the guy play? he is EVERYWHERE.

wilt had the advantage in size and unmatched strenght back in the day, in the modern era he would play 7'0ers every game and he would have little advantage in strenght.

erudite

ben wallace is deffinitelly a better rebounder than brand, you should be laughing at yourself for suggesting otherwise, ben wallace outrebounded shaq in 04 and that post season shaq had outrebounded yao, duncan and garnett , i don't think wallace is better than duncan at rebounding but im not sure, he is not better than garnett by any means, but he is a better offensive rebounder than both of them and thats something you can always count on.

sure karl malone could dominate rodman 1 on 1 if they tried to outrebound each other, but phuck this isn't tennis or golf, 1 on 1 crap doesn't mean jack, in their proffesional nba careers rodman rebounder better than malone, is that really hard to understand ? if i had to make an all-rebounding all-time team karl malone wouldn't make my bench.
    not one on one with no one else on the floor...I mean with Karl Malone's single intention to grab every rebound in the game. That was Rodman's but no one else's....that's why he's even in this discussion...If guys like Elvin Hayes, Kareem actually no more names you know the guys....if they decided no shooting just rebounds, no breaking and beating my defender down the floor just rebounds..etc...they'd beat out Rodman I am pretty sure.

If we are only talking about who actually rebounded the best then there is no dicussion at all numbers already bear it out....I thought we were talking about their Ability/Talent. Production is related to ability but there is ability without production.....If Wilt didn't do it himself wuold you have believed from just his PHILA time that he was a great passer assist man. Probably not.

Ben Wallace gets more rebounds than Brand for the same reason Rodman got more than D-Rob... he doesn't take jumpers...more than once a game and never the initial shot and he camps out on every shot... not a better shot blocker either

erudite

Quote Originally Posted by geeWiz15
    Rodman.

the dude defines rebounding. anyone who thinks Wilt would get more... I don't know what to tell you. how could anyone get more boards than Rodman? have you watched the guy play? he is EVERYWHERE.
    Wilt is everywhere at 7'1 260-285......believe me size matters

Quote Originally Posted by KWALI
    not one on one with no one else on the floor...I mean with Karl Malone's single intention to grab every rebound in the game. That was Rodman's but no one else's....that's why he's even in this discussion...If guys like Elvin Hayes, Kareem actually no more names you know the guys....if they decided no shooting just rebounds, no breaking and beating my defender down the floor just rebounds..etc...they'd beat out Rodman I am pretty sure.

If we are only talking about who actually rebounded the best then there is no dicussion at all numbers already bear it out....I thought we were talking about their Ability/Talent. Production is related to ability but there is ability without production.....If Wilt didn't do it himself wuold you have believed from just his PHILA time that he was a great passer assist man. Probably not.

Ben Wallace gets more rebounds than Brand for the same reason Rodman got more than D-Rob... he doesn't take jumpers...more than once a game and never the initial shot and he camps out on every shot... not a better shot blocker either
    i wonder where do you get this impression or on what proof you base this assumptions ? the idea that if a scorer/rebounder focused solely on rebounding his rpg numbers would sky rocket has no base and in fact history tells us things are the other way around, when wilt was focusing solely on rebounding in his laker year he didn't rebound better than he did in philadelphia, when barkley focused solely on rebounding in houston he didn't rebound better than he did in piladelphia or phoenix, in fact their rebounding numbers went down, not up, and karl was never the rebounder barkley was anyway, so bring evidence to back up your claims, i already have.

and please, dennis rodman was, from top to bottom, a better rebounder than robinson, stop embarassing yourself here, robinson lead the league in rebounding only once and it was like 13 or 12.9 rpg, he was lucky hakeem was injured that season and missed too many games or HO would have lead the league in rebounding that year, robinson averaged 13 rpg once and above 12 rpg only once or twice, i don't know how the dude even enters the dicussion.
    Last edited by lakers-city; 02-19-2007 at 07:28 PM.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Wilt and Dennis Rodman. Can't go by all-time because of different generations.

High School Varsity 6th Man

I think I have had this discussion with Kwali before. I don't how he can possibly think that he is actually making any sense. Kwali believes any scrub can average 18 rebounds per game if they only concentrated on rebounding. The guy is a complete retard.

I won't comment on Wilt or Russel but I have seen Rodman his entire career, and he is by far the best rebounder I have ever seen. Barkley comes second.