Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star bballnoob's Avatar

Default Re: Bargnani really turning into something special

I love his progress this year. At the start it was basically Bargs sitting behind the 3 point line and getting outrebounded constantly. Now you can see more of his offenisve package with some crazy passes and although his rebounding is still sub-par for a guy his size, it's dramatically improved from a few months ago.

Decent playground baller joe lucky's Avatar

I'm pulling for Bargnani b/c the Raps have sucked for along time now. I'm starting to see the much hyped passing game starting to develop lately...I mean for a 7-foot rookie its actually pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Rebounding? Defense? Passing?
    Passing? He has amazing court vision. Defense? He's surprisingly solid for a rookie, plays decent man-to-man, sub-par help defense. Rebounding? Atrocious for his height and build.

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but in the last few games he has been improving with his rebounding. Yesterday in his first couple minutes he got couple rebounds and finished with 6, but anyways the man is for real, and no his name shouldn't be the hitman, il mago its 10 times better than that.

Decent playground baller power works's Avatar

That said we saw Villy in Toronto. He was replaced with someone similar. I find that funny.
    That trade filled a need, we got a front line point guard out of Villy.

I'm also surprised with his improvement, but i'd hold off on calling the guy the new face of the franchise, or even the future go-to guy. Bosh is still the anchor of the team, and he's only 22 years old so it's not as if he's hit his peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool
    I don't know if anyone has noticed, but in the last few games he has been improving with his rebounding. Yesterday in his first couple minutes he got couple rebounds and finished with 6, but anyways the man is for real, and no his name shouldn't be the hitman, il mago its 10 times better than that.
    I've noticed..he's been more aggressive in the post making a real effort to grab boards..if he continues this he's just going to improve ..he's only 20 - 21 years old..wait till he's 25!!

Quote Originally Posted by heavensdevil
    Villy is nothing like Bargnani.

Im not gonna sit here and talk about Andrea, cuz Raptors fans and ppl who have been watching him know, He is destined for Greatness.

Put the N1gga in the Hall of fame.

Also... His nickname should be "the HITMAN", cuz hes an Italian Shooter.
    I'm glad you're not gonna sit here and talk because your nose is so far up the kids ass its disgusting. The same things were said about Villy. How he was a STEAL. How high he would have went if the draft was redone. How everyone who dissed him was wrong and looke like jackasses. Future All Star blah blah blah.

Villy is gone and now is the new kid on the block...oh oh oh ohhhhh oh the right stuff. Come on...and this isnt to say Bargs wont be any good. Just pointing out the inconsistentcy with SOME Raps fans when evaluating young talent. you tend to overdue it. Why cant fans give some real evaluations on the kid and stop hyping the kid up as a future star prematurely.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
    I've noticed..he's been more aggressive in the post making a real effort to grab boards..if he continues this he's just going to improve ..he's only 20 - 21 years old..wait till he's 25!!
    Yeah, he might average 4 rebounds per game. I can't wait.

-"I was once the next best thing when i got there. Now? Its like i grew facial hair and no one recognizes."

Local High School Star bballnoob's Avatar

-"I was once the next best thing when i got there. Now? Its like i grew facial hair and no one recognizes."
    Lol so true though. But to be fair, I still think that barring injury and not moving out West, Charlie V could make and ASG or 2.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
    wow, Mavs fans always make sure to cover Dirk's a$$, f***.

Dirk is mentioned, I forget what was it?

"Dirk said Bargnani was better at that age"

and a Mavs fan comes in and write's a chapter book defending Dirk. WOW.
    What's your point?

Dirk's a$$ should be covered.. he neve rplayed wih a big as good as Bosh his entire career.. and the dynamic that creates is devastating.. I was saying it before they even palyed their first game together.. That GM is the only guy without his head up his arese in the NBA.. he knew what putting Nash with Amare and Marion would do.. as did I.. and he knew what putting Bosh with Bargnani would do..

Too bad Cuban can't figure any of this stuff out.. he should have hired him..

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

"I was once the next best thing when i got there. Now? Its like i grew facial hair and no one recognizes."
    The funny thing? Rookie Villanueva did much better than Bargnani has so far.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

"Dirk said Bargnani was better at that age"
    I don't think that was the quote. Dirk said Bargnani is better at the time they came into the league but since Dirk was only 19, that's to be expected. At the same age, Dirk was still ahead of Bargnani.

As for Andrea so far, I like what I'm seeing. I mean it was still a weak draft but it's nice to see some star potential from him.

- His man to man D is solid but his help D is atrocious. Too many times he'll have his back turned while a guy is going in for a layup right behind him.

- His shooting stroke is great, a thing of beauty. The reason his %'s aren't too good is because his shot selection was terrible at the start but that has improved lately.

- Right now he's not really a main focus on the offense and thus the reason he's put at the 3pt line. Hopefully whoever coaches the team next year will work some plays for him closer to the basket.

- I don't really trust his ball handling skills that much right now. Even though it should be obvious, I think the concept of a 7 footer playing like a guard on the perimeter is silly. There is no way a guy like him can consistently drive to the basket and not get stripped/commit offensive fouls often.

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

What's your point?
    what's my point? my point is that this thread isn't about Dirk, so take your Dirk weiner massaging business elsewhere.