Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Manu Ginobili out through playoffs, back next season

Quote Originally Posted by StephenDedalus
    Dallas...
    I'll agree that Dallas (and to a certain extent Phoenix) are best equipped to beat the Spurs out of the non-Lakers playoff teams, but I don't see either of those teams getting past the 8 seed and San Antonio isn't getting the #1 seed.

Neither Dallas or Phoenix is beating the Lakers in the first round, so it's very unlikely that either of those teams will play San Antonio in the playoffs this year.

If Dallas or Phoenix get up to the #7 seed it could happen since both have a shot against Denver at #2, then the Spurs in the second round or the Spurs at #2 in the first round. Still, it doesn't seem to likely to me.

Quote Originally Posted by hito da god
    does manu get the "injury prone" tag yet?
    cant, because he got "iFlop" tag on.

Decent playground baller GabeIsGone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    This Season

1. Tony Parker
    2. Tim Duncan
    3. Manu Ginobili

Least season there was some talk of manu getting mvp, he was beast before he got hurt. He really hasn't played this season, he was either hurt or 'recovering' the whole time.

Guess this is the beginning of the end for a dynasty.

Default Re: NBA Rumors: Ginobili done for playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by BallPhunk
    This is going to be nothing compared to the news that KG is out for the year (coming sooner or later).
    Danny Ainge said KG should be 100% for the play-offs..or very close near it.

Decent playground baller GabeIsGone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hito da god
    does manu get the "injury prone" tag yet?
    idk if there is new injury, i think his original one just never recovered. Fukin Olympics.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by craiye
    I'll agree that Dallas (and to a certain extent Phoenix) are best equipped to beat the Spurs out of the non-Lakers playoff teams, but I don't see either of those teams getting past the 8 seed and San Antonio isn't getting the #1 seed.

Neither Dallas or Phoenix is beating the Lakers in the first round, so it's very unlikely that either of those teams will play San Antonio in the playoffs this year.

If Dallas or Phoenix get up to the #7 seed it could happen since both have a shot against Denver at #2, then the Spurs in the second round or the Spurs at #2 in the first round. Still, it doesn't seem to likely to me.
    Yeah thats what I think. If Dallas can get the 7 seed they could beat the nuggets and utah could definitely beat the lakers in a series. We will see how the seedings shape up soon.

Saw a basketball once

Denver and Utah both have big problems with the Spurs, Portland has no real experience and New Orleans hasn't played as well this year. I'm just not sure someone will beat SA until the WCF.
    Ginobili has a wee bit to do with that. The Spurs are still good but it's obtuse to think Ginobili has no affect on matchups.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

That injury looks more than a game type injury .

I wonder if it will threaten his career

Anybody out there with a medical background about Ginobili's injury ?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget X
    Ginobili has a wee bit to do with that. The Spurs are still good but it's obtuse to think Ginobili has no affect on matchups.
    For the Nuggets? Yeah Ginobili has something to do with it. The Jazz couldn't beat the Spurs if they sent the player's grandmothers out there. It's a mental thing with the Jazz.

The Nuggets would have a shot, but with Melo's playoff struggles and Chauncey's recent playoff struggles (he hasn't looked like he's had much left in the tank come playoff time the last few years) I'm not sure they beat the Spurs with or without Ginobili.

Local High School Star

I would say they have stepped down a lot now. I'm not sure if Manu playing with the injury would even help them though.

At least they know he's not playing. Spurs now, know how the Rockets felt earlier this year when we went through the T-Mac drama.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

huge, huge blow. The playoffs are not the same without Manu being Manu.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Sucks. Lakers are going to have a much easier time knowing this.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
    Sucks. Lakers are going to have a much easier time knowing this.
    You mean they weren't going to have an easy time? The Lakers have a cake walk to the Finals this year.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iTruWarrior
    You mean they weren't going to have an easy time? The Lakers have a cake walk to the Finals this year.
    Yeah and they won't have to really worry. They can be on cruise control all the way to the finals.

Saw a basketball once

For the Nuggets? Yeah Ginobili has something to do with it. The Jazz couldn't beat the Spurs if they sent the player's grandmothers out there. It's a mental thing with the Jazz.

The Nuggets would have a shot, but with Melo's playoff struggles and Chauncey's recent playoff struggles (he hasn't looked like he's had much left in the tank come playoff time the last few years) I'm not sure they beat the Spurs with or without Ginobili.
    We'll see, but I'm looking at it more from the Spurs perspective. Ginobili has been a huge part of their success since he came into the league. He's been a key cog in what makes them "The Spurs" that gives everyone trouble. Take him away and saying they'll still be giving teams trouble because they are "The Spurs" is no different than saying the same thing if Duncan or Parker were out.

As for the Nuggets, everyone and their grandmother is assuming by default that the Nuggets are no different than they have been the past five seasons. Which is fine. It's going to be up to them to prove differently... I really don't know if they will or not.
    Last edited by Nugget X; 04-06-2009 at 08:27 PM.