Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Decent playground baller dffsaf9's Avatar

Default Andrew Bargnani really turning into something special (this topic is from 2007)

although he has probably pretty much exceded most peoples expectations this year, Andrea Bargnani just continues to improve and i think he has really turned the corner. His shot selection is much improved and with the way he has been shooting recently, he really has the ability to stretch the defense. He seems to have really matured in the last couple of months; we hardly ever see him taking bad shots anymore and he seems to have really improved his ability to read the opponent's defense. When he drives to the hoop, it always seems like there is no stopping him. I don't think I've ever seen a 7 footer that is so very athletic.

Andrea Bargnani

February
    27.8(MPG) 14.3(PPG) .506(FG%) .475(!)(3P%) .789(FT%)

Those percentages are sick and his quick release has the potential to be unstoppable. If you give Bargnani twenty shots a game, he's easily averaging 20PPG at this pace. I love Bosh but I think very soon Bargnani becomes our number one offensive player. If Bargnani works a little more on his defensive game and his rebounding, he easily becomes one of the best players in the league.

NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Bargnani really turning into something special

Kid is the real deal.

Toronto is going to be a force. They just need some defense.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dffsaf9

Those percentages are sick and his quick release has the potential to be unstoppable. If you give Bargnani twenty shots a game, he's easily averaging 20PPG at this pace.

if you get 20 shots a game and dont get 20 points something is terrible wrong.

I have been impressed with him but I dont see him taking Bosh's franchise player title anytime soon.

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Those percentages are sick and his quick release has the potential to be unstoppable. If you give Bargnani twenty shots a game, he's easily averaging 20PPG at this pace. I love Bosh but I think very soon Bargnani becomes our number one offensive player. If Bargnani works a little more on his defensive game and his rebounding, he easily becomes one of the best players in the league.
    WTF! JUST STOP!

omg, that was ugly reading that, oh just STOP! pleeeeeease, no more typing, STOP!

If you give Bargnani twenty shots a game, he's easily averaging 20PPG at this pace
    wtf? who isn't? Mark Madsen?

I love Bosh but I think very soon Bargnani becomes our number one offensive player
    if by very soon you mean in 2 or 3 years, maybe, but for now I'll take Bosh's jumper, one on one moves, and post play over Bargnani's threes, and awkward drives.

If Bargnani works a little more on his defensive game and his rebounding, he easily becomes one of the best players in the league.
    If Nash works a little more on his defence, he becomes one of the GOAT, your point?

that said, I love Bargnani and think he will be awesome, but hyping him now ruins it. Let it take it's course. get off his weiner for now.

Rebounding? Defense? Passing?

Guess those things are of no concern. Just as long as he lives on the perimeter and launches shots its ok. Kyle Korver does that.

Only thing I'll give the kid in the positivity department is i didnt expect him to produce like he has so far. I didnt expect Darko but i expected 7-8ppg, low %'s.

That said we saw Villy in Toronto. He was replaced with someone similar. I find that funny.

I'd like to see him improve his rebounding and back to the basket offence..that being said..his shot selection has improved dramatically and his shot is impressive with his super fast release and good form very hard to stop..he also has a knack for blocking shots coming from the weak side to help...B.Roy looks like he's the front runner for rookie of the year..but there's no one I'd rather have then Bargnani in last years draft...I think he's going to be a top player in the league within the next 2-3 years..

Bargnani blocks shots which is an element of defense.

He's having a better rookie season on a better team than Dirk Nowitzki. I think he has "for real" potential.

Villy is nothing like Bargnani.

Im not gonna sit here and talk about Andrea, cuz Raptors fans and ppl who have been watching him know, He is destined for Greatness.

Put the N1gga in the Hall of fame.

Also... His nickname should be "the HITMAN", cuz hes an Italian Shooter.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    Bargnani blocks shots which is an element of defense.
    0.8 blocks per game in 23.9 mpg. His shotblocking, for a seven-footer, is average at best.

Blu Ray

Hes stepped up his D, His post D is pretty damn solid for a 21 year old rookie. He always bothers ppls shots inside. He needs to improve his perimeter D and play inside a lil more, his rebounds will improve just by being inside more.

and if u seen this guy play, His Shot is WET.

Dirk didnt say Andrea was better than him at that age for no reason.

Banned

It's great GMing.. people don't understand how great of a combo Bargnani and Bosh are..

You have the ideal combo of inside versus outside bigmen.. this chemistry will make them boh unguardable..

This is what I have been trying to tell other Mavs fans that Dirk has lacked his entire career..Dirk has never had ANY kind of offensive post player in his entire career.. becaus eof this Bargnani is going to look much much much better than Dirk did early in his career. It completely changes the way a tema has to defende Toronto's bigs..

Just look at the Mavs now.. team can put smaller defenders on Dirk and because the Mavs don't have any kind of post playe rother than Dirk it allows them to get away with it.. i the Mavs had built the team properly then teams wouldn't be able to defend Dirk this way because teams wouldn't be able to double Dirk on the post. If they did then the post player would have a field day when they double Dirk on the block.

Also.. teams can go small on the Mavs because they don't have a decent post player.. if the Mavs did have a decent post player and the opposing team tried to go small then Dirk AND the post player would destroy them offensively.. also.. when the post player is on the block Dirk would spread the floor for them compeltely so the post player would face no double teams..

This is the way Bosh and Bargnani complement each other.. neithe rof these players is as good as Dikr.. but playing together they might both end up looking better than Dirk..
    Last edited by FabCasablancas; 02-24-2007 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    0.8 blocks per game in 23.9 mpg. His shotblocking, for a seven-footer, is average at best.
    Average is a start.....

Quote Originally Posted by dffsaf9
    I don't think I've ever seen a 7 footer that is so very athletic.
    Oh yeah?

MOTHA****A

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

wow, Mavs fans always make sure to cover Dirk's a$$, f***.

Dirk is mentioned, I forget what was it?

"Dirk said Bargnani was better at that age"

and a Mavs fan comes in and write's a chapter book defending Dirk. WOW.