Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

Default Re: Why are some NBA players so skinny?

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    It's called ectomorphism. People have different body types. Ever notice how some NBA guys are fat even though they do more exercise than 98% of the population?

ecto endo meso

glad to see some people on ish were paying attention during health/gym/science/biology/ class

=====================
    no disrespect, but what's the average age on this site?

National High School Star KDthunderup's Avatar

You would only be able to put on the weight in lean muscle mass since the players do so much cardio, it would make it terribly hard to put on size, since muscle takes constant training and dieting to achieve. I don't think the player would do too much weight training in the on season so they don't get muscle fatigue.

Quote Originally Posted by Colby Brian
    it will be easier to get muscle with cardio, look at nfl players thats intense cardio for their workouts and games, cardio will burn all the fat so when they workout they will just be pure muscle basically
    You have never done exercise before have ya? All those people that looks strong don't do cardio workout at all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    You have never done exercise before have ya? All those people that looks strong don't do cardio workout at all.
    r u retarted, look at running backs, buff as hell, they do cardio

if u workout hard you will get big brah, just some poeple will get bigger than others depending on how they workout, eat, genes

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KDthunderup
    You would only be able to put on the weight in lean muscle mass since the players do so much cardio, it would make it terribly hard to put on size, since muscle takes constant training and dieting to achieve. I don't think the player would do too much weight training in the on season so they don't get muscle fatigue.
    brah your boy KD needs to get in the weight room
    but i get what you mean, in an nba season your constantly playing bball and doing cardio, but im pretty sure atleast once a week the trainers make em do weight training

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Any person who blames their weight (or more specifically their body fat levels) on genes is a douche.
    They are either douches or people who actually know what the fck they are talking about. Like the scientists who have studied this subject.

Is there some sort of condition on Inside Hoops where people want to show their ignorance, but even beyond that, be arrogant about their ignorance?

National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

KnickBaller- are you overweight by any chance?

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    They are either douches or people who actually know what the fck they are talking about. Like the scientists who have studied this subject.

Is there some sort of condition on Inside Hoops where people want to show their ignorance, but even beyond that, be arrogant about their ignorance?
    Uh, no, you don't know shit. Some people are predisposed to be overweight, but that doesn't mean they should just give up and eat like shit. There are ways to combat one's genes.

Quote Originally Posted by Colby Brian
    brah your boy KD needs to get in the weight room
    but i get what you mean, in an nba season your constantly playing bball and doing cardio, but im pretty sure atleast once a week the trainers make em do weight training
    doing weights once a week aint going to do shit

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Uh, no, you don't know shit. Some people are predisposed to be overweight, but that doesn't mean they should just give up and eat like shit. There are ways to combat one's genes.
    You do know that your post implied that you thought body fat levels have nothing to do with genes? Maybe you didn't intend it, but it certainly came off that way.

Banned

OP's ideal player:

Banned

Body types and genetics influence your appeareance, but that doesn't mean you can't change. A good diet, whether it's built to gain or lose weight, can go a long way.

Decent playground baller Jordan23GOAT's Avatar

Because, it's not about how much you weigh. It's about your skills. I'm a freshman in high school, and I am nearly 6 feet tall but I weigh around...95-98 pounds. I average around 17 5 and 5. Scottie is a perfect example of a tall but skinny guy who is still strong somehow. It's about the effort that you put in. Just my opinion though.

As a thin guy, I normally gain weight when I play basketball. Not much fat to lose, but plenty of muscles getting worked out. Legs, shoulder, back, usually, usually gain like 4 pounds.

DGARAS
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

the most important part of gaining/losing weight is the diet. if you can control your calories you basically control your gains/losses.

the people saying it's impossible to gain muscle are retarded.

all it takes is enough protein, eating 4-6 times a day, and eating enough calories to maintain or gain weight. easy.