Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    It was all a dream Notorious D.M.C's Avatar

Default Re: Skip Bayless just said Melo>LeBron

who gives a crap what he says. Ask all the GM's in the league and they take LeBron. And I don't even like LeBron. I'm a Durant/Carmelo guy.

Carmelo is clutch when its down to the last shot.

LeBron is clutch in the 4th quarter just not the last shot. He plays better defense then Carmelo and he makes his teammates better.

there's a huge difference from saying who you would want to take the last shot or who you think is the better overall player.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalD24
    He stated Melo > LeBron in the longterm in new york.. you can't refute that.
    Ok.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious D.M.C
    who gives a crap what he says. Ask all the GM's in the league and they take LeBron. And I don't even like LeBron. I'm a Durant/Carmelo guy.

Carmelo is clutch when its down to the last shot.

LeBron is clutch in the 4th quarter just not the last shot. He plays better defense then Carmelo and he makes his teammates better.

there's a huge difference from saying who you would want to take the last shot or who you think is the better overall player.

College superstar

So now a player such as Melo who has been out of the 1st round only once in his 7 year career and obviously has little to no defining playoff moments is being praised as somebody with "killer instinct" as well as being uber clutch at the expense of Lebron? Okaaaay? What good does it do to be "clutch" when frankly you've shown a limited ability to even lead your team to any significant moments where your "clutch" ability is actually meaningful?

I thought that it was bad when people were insisting on Wade being some mythical playoff and clutch performer based upon something he did half a decade ago in 2006 despite the fact that he hasn't been out of the 1st round since then. Now invoking Melo in the comparison has shown that the hatred against Lebron has really reached blatantly absurd proportions.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4
    This is why people call him Skip Brainless.
    I've never heard anyone say that. Quit trying to push your gay nickname for people. lol @ you having an excuse why posting your "joke".

anyways, if it was the 4th quarter, I guess I'll take Melo. But Bron is the better player.

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    So now a player such as Melo who has been out of the 1st round only once in his 7 year career and obviously has little to no defining playoff moments is being praised as somebody with "killer instinct" as well as being uber clutch at the expense of Lebron? Okaaaay? What good does it do to be "clutch" when frankly you've shown a limited ability to even lead your team to any significant moments where your "clutch" ability is actually meaningful?

I thought that it was bad when people were insisting on Wade being some mythical playoff and clutch performer based upon something he did half a decade ago in 2006 despite the fact that he hasn't been out of the 1st round since then. Now invoking Melo in the comparison has shown that the hatred against Lebron has really reached blatantly absurd proportions.
    You're actually a dumbass, because 'Melo is the most clutch players in the league. Getting out of the first round or not doesn't change that.

It was all a dream Notorious D.M.C's Avatar

Jalen Rose just told Skip to STFU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkpcK...&tracker=False

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by fubu05
    You're actually a dumbass, because 'Melo is the most clutch players in the league. Getting out of the first round or not doesn't change that.
    So I'm dumb because I value actually contributing to playoff success over hitting a few game winners in the regular season. Suuurrre...

skip bayless, damn what a hater reminds me of what some people say about kobe around here.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

really? how's bosh doing? house? bibby? mike miller was a all around good player, now he's just chucking and bricking 3 pointers.

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

man i remember that. just pure destruction of one of the biggest morons on TV....skip bayless.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Disaprine
    skip bayless, damn what a hater reminds me of what some people say about kobe around here.

Melo would be top 5 player in the league if he actually played D

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool4ever
    really? how's bosh doing? house? bibby? mike miller was a all around good player, now he's just chucking and bricking 3 pointers.
    bosh? putting up 18 points on 50% shooting as a third option. bosh is being hated on for his defense and rebounding. i'm assuming you aren't trying to blame lebron for either of those....if you are. you need help.

bibby? he's played 3 games. come on.

miller? he's coming off a broken thumb on his shooting hand and has joined a team mid season. i hardly think its fair to draw conclusions in this limited number of games combined with his injury....again...a serious injury on his shooting hand.

house? he's played well when he's been on the floor actually.

Complete Player

Clutch shots lose a bit of their luster when the game is tied. If you miss the shot so what? You still have another chance to make it up in OT. When you're a point down and absolutely have to hit the shot then that's a REAL clutch shot to me. Carmelo wasn't anything special down the stretch of this game until he hit that shot. I'm not sure why people are going so crazy over it.