Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    Local High School Star

Default Re: How come MJ was able to avg 50%FG as a guard?

Wade is at 49% right now and he usually finishes stronger than he starts....so I expect him to be over 50% at seasons end.

Miami Thrice = Dynasty FlashDwyaneWade3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy
    Wade is at 49% right now and he usually finishes stronger than he starts....so I expect him to be over 50% at seasons end.
    D-Wade shot 49% from the field while averaging 30 PPG in '09. I also think he'll get to 50% this year since he's only averaging 24 PPG.

Great college starter

Good shot selection. Master of midrange. Master at finishing near the rim.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    soooooooooooooooooooo

you can't find anyone other than really bird that scored over 25 ppg in the MJ era that did so on high efficiency? I think mullin did as well. you make my point for me. the game is far easier for perimeter players now. mj was blowing away the competition from the perimeter. nobody came close to putting up his numbers.

now? every year there are so many guys in that same scoring range. when you factor in how many threes are taken today and the fg% is still comparable....its just becomes laughable.

really? how is this even a debate?
    No I didnt say that, I took their career averages, wasnt aware you were talking about only a couple of seasons thats easy, actually a poster already listed a few after your response, but if you seriously want me to go through and find the players I will.

No one is debating whether or not the game is easier for Guards today, that was never my initial statement. What i've said and what im saying is that Kobe is on par with MJ right now, the real only difference between the two is 2pt % & 3pt % Jordan better at the 2pt% Kobe at the 3pt%, personally i'd rather take the 3pt shooter.

Jordan didnt do anything that much more spectatcular stats wise then other players, he simply had that clutch factor, the same clutch factor that Kobe has. Also I hope you can score almost 30ppg when you put up 20-30shots per game. damn near a point per shot, which really isnt that great when you think about it. But wait I guess anyone could score that much jacking up those kind of shots, how great of a player would Robert Horry have been putting up that many shots? Kobe puts up similar stats to MJ yet kobe only puts up 15-20 shots per game big difference.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Kobe did not and does not have Lebron-Jordan-Drexler-Erving type of Open Floor Game for Easy High % Shots Going to The Rim

Kobe did and does not have the Hands, Upper Body Strength and 1s Step to go by his opponent and look for High % Shots Going to The Rim

Kobe is the best Posy Game SG today while i the 80s it was the common: 80s u had MONSTER MID RANGE GAMES: Danltey, King, Aguirre, Barkley, Jordan etc

Jordan is the Strongest and Most Athletic SG Ever if u include Body Strength, Potence, Agility. Quicknes, 1s Step Speed in Relation to Weight.

His Hang Time also is The Best Ever able to stay in the air with thos Large hands and Upper body Strength to Control the Shot on Both Sides

That`s why he could shoot 50% FG taking 20 FGAs PG

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boda
    No I didnt say that, I took their career averages, wasnt aware you were talking about only a couple of seasons thats easy, actually a poster already listed a few after your response, but if you seriously want me to go through and find the players I will.

No one is debating whether or not the game is easier for Guards today, that was never my initial statement. What i've said and what im saying is that Kobe is on par with MJ right now, the real only difference between the two is 2pt % & 3pt % Jordan better at the 2pt% Kobe at the 3pt%, personally i'd rather take the 3pt shooter.

Jordan didnt do anything that much more spectatcular stats wise then other players, he simply had that clutch factor, the same clutch factor that Kobe has. Also I hope you can score almost 30ppg when you put up 20-30shots per game. damn near a point per shot, which really isnt that great when you think about it. But wait I guess anyone could score that much jacking up those kind of shots, how great of a player would Robert Horry have been putting up that many shots? Kobe puts up similar stats to MJ yet kobe only puts up 15-20 shots per game big difference.
    what?

kobe scores almost 5 points less per game for their careers on nearly 5% worse efficiency.

might as well say that paul pierce is as good or better than kobe. pierce's numbers are a lot closer to kobe's than kobe's are to MJ.

christ. this forum sucks ass.

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Boda

Jordan didnt do anything that much more spectatcular stats wise then other players, he simply had that clutch factor, the same clutch factor that Kobe has.
    The fvck is this nonsense? Jordan is one of the 3 most statistically dominant players of all time. The only guys in his league are KAJ and Wilt. Shaq and Lebron are in the top 5 too, but they didn't do it for as long (particularly Lebron). You clearly have no clue what you're talking about.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

HorryismyMVP - thanks dude

---------
    Back on topic about Jordan : Seldom he forced shots and if and when he did so , he put the percentages in his favor to make the shot , pass on the shot , or get fouled.
    Seldom in all the years I watch him ... he forced himself out of his comfort zone.
    Over all as a SG he had bad nights.
    But he really used his athletic abilities and his HEAD to play and that included his shot selection.

How many times did he force a shoot with 2 or 3 defenders on him =SELDOM if ever.
    ----------------
    Personally I believe comparing Kobe to Jordan is a waste of time // Simply because they are two different players , that quite frankly
    play totally different. Kobe has proven that.
    If we were to ever compare Kobe to Jordan , he would first need to bring his defensive 'A' game every night to remotely be compared with Jordan.
    Remember Jordan won Defensive player of the year ... besides multiple 1st team .
    Last edited by Jasper; 11-19-2010 at 08:38 PM.

Magic Johnson

Deadly mid-range game, crazy athletic ability, high basketball IQ, and those hands... those God-given hands gave him the ability to finish with contact.

I rip open holes

Goat

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease MakeHistory78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP