Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Default Re: Charles Barkley Turns 50

Defence? Haven't watched enough of him but I don't think he was anywhere near the level of KG/Duncan?

Quote Originally Posted by dh144498
    Dwight has better stats, Westbrook and CP3 are a wash.
    Maybe if you only pay attention to scoring and rebounds. All defensive metrics this season have Marc Gasol as the best defensive center in the league.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    Defence? Haven't watched enough of him but I don't think he was anywhere near the level of KG/Duncan?
    Decent help defender he was but he lacked the quickness to actually have to cover quicker guys and he was short for a player his height and couldn't guard the true PF.

That's why I said Barkley is like an anomaly. Very hard to judge him but by no means is he even considered a GOAT PF.

Banned

When I think of Barkley, I mostly think about the disappointments in his career. Never did anything memorable besides his MVP season but there were more heartaches. He is a choker.

Bullets comeback in 86 playoff while Barkley was choking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7p1E7X929k

Sprewell getting nasty on Barkley. I brought this up because it basically sums up his interior defense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GvuEzhfLX4

Hardaway on Barkley...lack of movement on defense

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF-fmqWPTpE

Let's not forget the Piston's sweep. He revived his career in Phoenix due to his 3pt shooting in which he developed.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

[B]9erempiree You Have To Be On Medication or Stupid To Say The Things You Are Saying. I

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

a lot of cool info. Seems like Barkley lack of humbleness did him in.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    a lot of cool info. Seems like Barkley lack of humbleness did him in.
    Work ethic and his mentality did him in. His attitude on the court changed the game. There would be times when he got a technical or flagrant in crucial times of games that would determine the outcome.

As good as he was, he was nowhere near the best.

He played for 3 teams that were championship level teams and he couldn't win in all 3 occasions. These were different teams too. He had his chance.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Maybe if you only pay attention to scoring and rebounds. All defensive metrics this season have Marc Gasol as the best defensive center in the league.
    Marc Gasol blks 1.7 stls 0.9

Dwight Howard blks 2.4 stls 1.1

He has better stats unless you are going into advanced stats.

I think of Barkley, I mostly think about the disappointments in his career. Never did anything memorable besides his MVP season but there were more heartaches. He is a choker.

You Are About To Get In My Ignore List

[B]That Was Barkley 1st Year as Total Starter and The Sixers Had Lost Moses For The Play-Offs and Andrew Toney Suffered a Career Endking Injury, He Never Played the Same Again. Dr J Was 35 Years Old and Had Lost All Steps as a Player. Also, This Was The 80s and It Was an Era of Great Teams Unlike the 90s, 00s and 10s.

[U]Barkley
    Last edited by Round Mound; 03-21-2013 at 10:52 PM.

Banned

Barkley is going to be remembered for his commentating if he keeps this up. I am watching the NCAA tourney and him and Kenny are very good on national television.

I'm glad they left the TNT antics over at TNT. CBS will help them be more serious.

Banned

[QUOTE=Round Mound]I think of Barkley, I mostly think about the disappointments in his career. Never did anything memorable besides his MVP season but there were more heartaches. He is a choker.

[B]That Was Barkley 1st Year as Total Starter and The Sixers Had Lost Moses For The Play-Offs and Andrew Toney Suffered a Career Endking Injury, He Never Played the Same Again. Dr J Was 35 Years Old and Had Lost All Steps as a Player. Also, This Was The 80s and It Was an Era of Great Teams Unlike the 90s, 00s and 10s.

[U]Barkley

[QUOTE=Round Mound]I think of Barkley, I mostly think about the disappointments in his career. Never did anything memorable besides his MVP season but there were more heartaches. He is a choker.

[U]Barkley
    Last edited by AngelEyes; 03-21-2013 at 11:01 PM.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Barkley is hard to judge as a PF. He put up great stats for the future generations to read.

Those that have seen him play can say he failed the eye-test. Watching him play it seems like he puts up empty stats. Was never a good leader and wasn't very clutch.

The man played for 3 freaking teams, unheard of for anyone that is considered the best.

This is why I don't value Shaq much, he played for 6 teams. That's almost journeyman status.

[COLOR="White"]U Mad Kobetards?[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="White"]Kobetards are phaggits[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="White"]Kobe isn't a great player, FACT[/COLOR]

I rule the local playground bukowski81's Avatar

I love Barkley, and although i don think he is the best power forward ever, he does have a case.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    It's very unfortunate that you have to ignore me because you don't agree with my opinion. I wish life was that easy where you can put people on an ignore list because you don't agree with them.

Like I mentioned earlier, Barkley puts up empty stats and no matter what stats you have mentioned, those were series' that he lost.

You can bring up his series' average but it just proves my point of how his production never led to the success of his team.
    Empty Stats? The Sixers Beat the Bullets in 1986 Dummy! They Lost to the Bucks the Next Series! and in that 1994 Series they Swept the Warriors While Barkley Averaged 37 PPG and Empty Stats Yea!

YOU ARE A TROLL AND NEVER WATCHED BARKLEY PLAY IN HIS PRIME! EVER!

WATCH THIS AND LEARN ABOUT SIR CHARLES YOU ROOKIE!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTMFTQFvO_8
    Last edited by Round Mound; 03-21-2013 at 10:58 PM.