Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default So we're just gonna ignore the fact that Michael Jordan was a poor 3pt shooter?

and that in today's game if you can't shoot the 3 then you're a liability?

While Jordan is busy getting separation for his pull up 2's, Steph Curry and Lebron just walks up near the 3 point line and hit the 3 effortlessly.

Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

Default Re: So we're just gonna ignore the fact that Michael Jordan was a poor 3pt shooter?

OP...

Do you honestly think Blake Griffin or Lonzo Ball for example - are better 3 point shooters than Michael Jordan when all conditions are equalized?

Different rules present different strategies and opportunities for scoring. This is the no contact era from the perimeter. The NBA has all but banned defense on perimeter players. If you couldn't touch MJ he'd shoot a hell of a lot better than how he shot when he was being raked shoved and pushed by the 1980's Pistons and 1990's Knicks. Do you agree with this?

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Default Re: So we're just gonna ignore the fact that Michael Jordan was a poor 3pt shooter?

He was a good dunker no doubt, but he had no modern era range check out his last three years if yall dont believe me

Putting up Giannis shooting numbers yikes even made a solid thread:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...=458191&page=3

Seriously.. how fking stupid are you guys? Like for real? Do you have any idea how real life actually works?

In the era Jordan played with the three point shot was considered THE MOST INEFFICIENT SHOT IN THE ENTIRE GAME. As a collective era, they DID NOT PRACTICE THAT SHOT BACK THEN because it was literally considered an INEFFICIENT shot by the entire era. Coaches told their teams to NOT SHOOT the shot, only for last resort purposes.

Do you people actually understand what that means? It means that had Jordan or any of those players of the past played in THIS ERA, then they would be practicing the shot A WHOLE LOT MORE. Do you know what happens when people practice something? They get better at it. Do you know what happens when people don't practice something? They aren't good at it, speaking in relative terms.

You CAN NOT just transition Jordan's 3pt% back then and compare it to people now. That has literally got to be the dumbest form of stupidity if you actually think that's how life works.

In Jordan's era both teams COMBINED would literally shoot 2-6 threes max. BOTH TEAMS COMBINED. This era you literally both both teams combining for 60-100 3pters in a game.

Are you actually able to fathom what this means relative to reality? Because every single time this type of thread is made it is really alarming to think how many people out there lack basic understanding of reality. Then again everyone that makes this sort of thread can't be older than 16. If you are I am truly alarmed for your mental state.

1 *'d, morons.

He didn't need the 3pt shot to be the greatest scorer in nba history. If he actually practiced it, he'd be even GOAT-ER.

You guys look at things the wrong way so much of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    Seriously.. how fking stupid are you guys? Like for real? Do you have any idea how real life actually works?

In the era Jordan played with the three point shot was considered THE MOST INEFFICIENT SHOT IN THE ENTIRE GAME. As a collective era, they DID NOT PRACTICE THAT SHOT BACK THEN because it was literally considered an INEFFICIENT shot by the entire era. Coaches told their teams to NOT SHOOT the shot, only for last resort purposes.

Do you people actually understand what that means? It means that had Jordan or any of those players of the past played in THIS ERA, then they would be practicing the shot A WHOLE LOT MORE. Do you know what happens when people practice something? They get better at it. Do you know what happens when people don't practice something? They aren't good at it, speaking in relative terms.

You CAN NOT just transition Jordan's 3pt% back then and compare it to people now. That has literally got to be the dumbest form of stupidity if you actually think that's how life works.

In Jordan's era both teams COMBINED would literally shoot 2-6 threes max. BOTH TEAMS COMBINED. This era you literally both both teams combining for 60-100 3pters in a game.

Are you actually able to fathom what this means relative to reality? Because every single time this type of thread is made it is really alarming to think how many people out there lack basic understanding of reality. Then again everyone that makes this sort of thread can't be older than 16. If you are I am truly alarmed for your mental state.

1 *'d, morons.
    This forum is at an all time low.

Mods, ban me for life, i do not give a fvck, it'd improve my life hahaha

Bron stans, you are literally the dumbest of the dumb, i actually hope you talk this shit IRL so people can put a face to the sheer stupidity, problem is, none of you f@ggots leave the house and only spin this shit to mommy because you have no fvcking friends.

Jesus fvcking christ, the failure level is beyond anything i've ever seen on any forum....

EAT.MY.FVCKING.C0CK

Cheers

I honestly can't believe people's minds work this way. If you aren't young or trolling on purpose you have a lot bigger actual problems in life that you need to address and refine.

Jordan Stopper

Agreed.. there's a reason 1-9 happened

Never had issues hitting the 3 in the finals when the games mattered and were on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Dray n Klay
    Agreed.. there's a reason 1-9 happened
    Shut up f@ggot

When the Bulls played the Blazers in the finals the media was making a big deal about Drexler being more of a 3 point threat than Jordan. Jordan then makes 5 (or was it 6?) three pointers in the first half of Game 1.

When scouts are judging college players for the draft they have found foul shooting has a greater correlation than 3 point percentage when trying to project NBA 3 point shooting.

Jordan was a career 83.5% shooter from the foul line. Methinks he could have been a much better three point shooter if he actually focused on it.

Larry Bird averaged only 1.9 three point attempts for his career, in 38 minutes per game, and he won the 3 point contest. It was a different era.
    Last edited by tontoz; 01-20-2019 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeRozan m8
    This forum is at an all time low.

Mods, ban me for life, i do not give a fvck, it'd improve my life hahaha

Bron stans, you are literally the dumbest of the dumb, i actually hope you talk this shit IRL so people can put a face to the sheer stupidity, problem is, none of you f@ggots leave the house and only spin this shit to mommy because you have no fvcking friends.

Jesus fvcking christ, the failure level is beyond anything i've ever seen on any forum....

EAT.MY.FVCKING.C0CK

Cheers
    My brother ITS. N0T. THAT. SERI0US. In the end it's just basketball and one man's opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DeRozan m8

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    I honestly can't believe people's minds work this way. If you aren't young or trolling on purpose you have a lot bigger actual problems in life that you need to address and refine.
    This is the result of years of di[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]kriding an underwhelming fraud that's become a modern day finals loser like Jerry West.

Poor MJ, the only time he could 'adjust' to being a mediocre 3pt shooter is when the line was moved closer like a womens tee in golf

practised or not, jordan simply wasn't a good 3 point shooter. he would be borderline elite in this era.