Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

Default Re: Soooo LA won again without Bran?

What is it with your guys obsession with alts?

Any time I say something that ruffles someones feathers I'm accused of being an alt you guys need to relax I'm one person with one opinion

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopanonymous
    What is it with your guys obsession with alts?

Any time I say something that ruffles someones feathers I'm accused of being an alt you guys need to relax I'm one person with one opinion
    and 20 alts + a moldy hump pillow

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc.
    and 20 alts + a moldy hump pillow

if you say so man

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopanonymous
    It's good that he passed it to someone arguably the greatest 3 point shooter of all time and I have no doubt he deliberately passed it to him and not anyone else.

The problem I have with that play is that the offense is completely stationary. He waves off screens, he waves off cutters. I'm convinced it's literally a part of the playbook on any team he plays. 4 stationary players and 1 iso player draining the clock down to 6 or less seconds just isn't good basketball in my opinion. Yes, it's in the hands of a player who can probably make more out of it than maybe anyone currently playing and most past players but still - that play just isn't good 5 on 5 basketball and when he doesn't connect on it it is infuriating. Seen it 1,000 times - when he was on teams I was rooting for. That's the play I had to almost look away when it got called and I think it's a habit of his that his coaches/players have to stay silent about for fear of not getting fired/traded (save for maybe a player tailor built for it like Ray Allen) because I'm not sure too many coaches or players actually like that play.
    Great post. You'll fit in here, bro. There's a decent portion of people here that actually watch basketball. There is, however, another demographic of people in here that only watch the highlights and stat sheet. That's the problem you're running into here already. You make evaluations based on the things you see and the residual effects. Other people dont.

You'll burn yourself out arguing with the Lebron faithfuls. Good luck.

New poster getting attacked by the easily triggered lebron stans EARLY

Quote Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
    Great post. You'll fit in here, bro. There's a decent portion of people here that actually watch basketball. There is, however, another demographic of people in here that only watch the highlights and stat sheet. That's the problem you're running into here already. You make evaluations based on the things you see and the residual effects. Other people dont.

You'll burn yourself out arguing with the Lebron faithfuls. Good luck.
    One of them being you? How's the #1 option Markeiff doing? Is Kyrie still anchoring the Cetics' D? How about Smart? Is he still a great scorer?

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    One of them being you? How's the #1 option Markeiff doing? Is Kyrie still anchoring the Cetics' D? How about Smart? Is he still a great scorer?
    Marcus Smart is a good offensive player.

You don't understand what "first option" means.

Markeiff Morris doesn't play for the Celtics.

Good luck in all of your future endeavors.

Marcus Smart is a good offensive player.
    You called him a great scorer, fruitcake.

You don't understand what "first option" means.
    There's a reason why pretty much everyone makes fun of you on here. You are the one who doesn't understand what a first option is.

Markeiff Morris doesn't play for the Celtics.
    That's my bad. Marcus Morris.

Good luck in all of your future endeavors.
    Thanks, and I would wish you the same, but it doesn't take much to be a basement dwelling retard.

This dude is LIVID

Lol @ Markief Morris playing for the Celtics.

He watches basketball, though fellas.

I'll never explain to you what first option means because you and the other geeks don't watch basketball.

This dude is LIVID

Lol @ Markief Morris playing for the Celtics.

He watches basketball, though fellas.

I'll never explain to you what first option means because you and the other geeks don't watch basketball.

This little cuck having a massive meltdown. How did the #1 option Marcus Morris do today?

BTW, post out to where I said Markeiff played for the Celtics. I will give you $100, if you can.

Local High School Star Ainosterhaspie's Avatar

That play may not be sexy, but it's very effective. There were four wide open shooters there. The goal of modern offenses is to generate good looks at the three point line and that's exactly what happened there. And when defenders stay home on the shooters instead of sending help, LeBron finishes better than anyone ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainosterhaspie
    That play may not be sexy, but it's very effective. There were four wide open shooters there. The goal of modern offenses is to generate good looks at the three point line and that's exactly what happened there. And when defenders stay home on the shooters instead of sending help, LeBron finishes better than anyone ever.
    Give me 5 guys moving over 5 guys standing still any time - the problem I have with the play is when it goes wrong there's no chance for recovery because the clock got drained in addition to nobody is ready to offensive rebound because they started with planted feet and finally the fact that there was stillness on the offense can kill the players energy and feel for the game

I've seen LeBron's team with LeBron included execute moving offense and it's outstanding. The Spurs and Warriors are some of the best at it. Like I said I guess it being left to him is as good a player as it can be left with but I still think it's not good basketball and tough to watch when it's your team doing it and they're down. I've grown to hate that play because of seeing that very scenario many times and it didn't work. Don't know what the percentages are but seeing it fail and knowing the other downsides etched it in my memory as a bad play

He goes to that when he's controlling the pace of the game, trying to slow it down and limit possessions, especially as you describe running the clock down. If he's not trying to control the pace, he'll attack early in the clock with plenty of time to do something after the pass. And you overstate him waiving away screener especially as he ages. He's tending to rely more and more on screeners to be able to get by his man.

The coaching under Lue was awful for developing an offense and Wakton doesn't look much better. That pushes him toward that since there isn't an offense to run other than play faster. Spoelstra had more of a system and you didn't see as much of that then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainosterhaspie
    He goes to that when he's controlling the pace of the game, trying to slow it down and limit possessions, especially as you describe running the clock down. If he's not trying to control the pace, he'll attack early in the clock with plenty of time to do something after the pass. And you overstate him waiving away screener especially as he ages. He's tending to rely more and more on screeners to be able to get by his man.

The coaching under Lue was awful for developing an offense and Wakton doesn't look much better. That pushes him toward that since there isn't an offense to run other than play faster. Spoelstra had more of a system and you didn't see as much of that then.
    Lue wasn't a real coach. When they had Blatt and more ball movement, he was shipped out and replaced by a "friend".

Lue wasn't a real coach. When they had Blatt and more ball movement, he was shipped out and replaced by a "friend".
    Blatt wasn't ready for the big time and was afraid of the stars while Lue wasn't afraid to call them out when they screwed up. The role players didn't like Blatt and wanted him gone. That wasn't about LeBron wanting his guy.

And agreed about Lue not being a real [head] coach. Assistant was a good spot for him.