View Poll Results: Who is the better passer?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Larry Bird

30 50.85%
  • LeBron James

29 49.15%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Who is the better passer?

Bird or Bron

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Who is the better passer?

Bird got most assists within a second or 2 of catching the ball (so without disrupting ball movement), while lebron gets most assists after a long pondering with the ball, thus disrupting ball movement and struggling on the championship level, 3/9

No comparison. Bird was the superior passer

Lebron would have been the best passer, rebounder and scorer in the 80's

Bonkers

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Bird, easily

NBA Legend

Bird was the “fancier” passer. He was the MJ/Kobe of passing. A lot of flash and spectacle, but not as much pure impact as Lebron’s pinpoint passes to players he personally opened up the defense for.

This is no disrespect to Bird, he is a legend. But Im giving this one to LeVision.

Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Bird was the “fancier” passer. He was the MJ/Kobe of passing. A lot of flash and spectacle, but not as much pure impact as Lebron’s pinpoint passes to players he personally opened up the defense for.

This is no disrespect to Bird, he is a legend. But Im giving this one to LeVision.
    I actually don't think this is true

I think Bird is a better off ball passer so he's less demanding of his teams touches. Don't think fancy is the best word for his passes because as far as I can see the form follows the function. They look fancy because the function of what he's doing is next level stuff.

LeBron has some real corkscrew dazzling passes himself but just the same I see a purpose first. The thing I don't like is LeBron sometimes falls on this bad habit of pounding the clock away waiving 4 players off to stand still in the corner and just "be ready" to catch a difficult to catch bullet pass that he corkscrews through 5 defenders. If they make it it's considered a great highlight by LeBron and if they miss it his fans cry that he has no help. I think it's a bad play. You account for those bad habit iso plays and I think Bird is a better passer.

To each their own though. Bron is an all time great passer I won't dispute that I'm just not a fan of how he does some of them in the grand scheme of 5 on 5.

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Lebron. How is this even a real question?

Next

Can't go wrong either way. BUT from a stationary position or off a dribble or two, Bird could be the best passer of all time! BUT Bron was better in terms of an ALL COURT PASSER. Meaning he would ACTUALLY play more like a PG. And use his handles more to create off the dribble and drop off dimes. More similar to Magic type passer than a Bird type passer.

They are the top two passing forwards of all time. And are BETTER than most PG's passing. It takes the guys like Magic, Stockton, Nash, Zeke, and Kidd to be just as good or better passing the rock. ONLY reason Bron and Bird never averaged 10 dimes a night is because they were such dominant scorers. And were SF's instead of PG's flat out. Even though Bron has played the PG spot flat out in his career of course. BUT if i could see any two guys play together from different eras, I think Bron-Bird would be at the top of the list. The way they would complement each other would have been scary. The weaker points one would have, the other could EASILY cover up for it!

Very good NBA starter

Lebron is good at throwing fast and accurate passes into the corners, but that's about it.

He very rarely "wows" the crowd.

Lebron stans don't get this cause they just watch boxscores, but real basketball fans are just not wowed by Lebron.

Luka on the other hand, wowes the crowd multiple times a game. Jokic is the same. Lebron is only impressive in the same way Karl Malone was impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopanonymous

I think Bird is a better off ball passer so he's less demanding of his teams touches. Don't think fancy is the best word for his passes because as far as I can see the form follows the function. They look fancy because the function of what he's doing is next level stuff.

LeBron has some real corkscrew dazzling passes himself but just the same I see a purpose first. The thing I don't like is LeBron sometimes falls on this bad habit of pounding the clock away waiving 4 players off to stand still in the corner and just "be ready" to catch a difficult to catch bullet pass that he corkscrews through 5 defenders. If they make it it's considered a great highlight by LeBron and if they miss it his fans cry that he has no help. I think it's a bad play. You account for those bad habit iso plays and I think Bird is a better passer.

To each their own though. Bron is an all time great passer I won't dispute that I'm just not a fan of how he does some of them in the grand scheme of 5 on 5.
    3ball alt confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    3ball alt confirmed.
    He's not an ALT lmao, I know who he is. Old poster on this board but I won't reveal who

Bird.
    LeBron is better at ball handling and playmaking. Playmaking =/= passing.

Very good NBA starter

HipHopAnon is easily a great addition to the forum.

We really need more real posters and far less, "10 cents pr. post", Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    He's not an ALT lmao, I know who he is. Old poster on this board but I won't reveal who
    Lazaruss?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopanonymous

I think Bird is a better off ball passer so he's less demanding of his teams touches. Don't think fancy is the best word for his passes because as far as I can see the form follows the function. [COLOR="DarkRed"]They look fancy because the function of what he's doing is next level stuff.[/COLOR]

Boom