Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Monte Ellis' new tats

I say let the kid do what he wants, though personal taste suggests he should quit now, but people here are overexaggerating it comparing it to JR.

It's not like And1 are suddenly going to drop him is it?

Saw a basketball once

Dwayne Wade is like the only player in the league who doesn't have tattoos that gets tons of endorsements, LeBron, A.I, Carmelo, Kobe, are all tattooed and it doesn't seem to be a problem for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Dear Monta Ellis,

You run as fast as a cheeta. Now you look like one, thank you.
    hahaha

Myrrh

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Tatoo's are just retarded, people wanting to seem hardcore.
    Yeah right, go ahead and judge a culture you don't understand. Way to go

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease LC loves ISH's Avatar

If you're gonna get tattoos at least get 'em slowly and pick out some high quality art instead of getting a bunch or crappy ones done in a matter of months.

Quote Originally Posted by LC loves ISH
    If you're gonna get tattoos at least get 'em slowly and pick out some high quality art instead of getting a bunch or crappy ones done in a matter of months.
    from what I hear they get addicting, once you get one the next day you want another. And if your rich, you often get another really soon, and another and another and another.

Quote Originally Posted by Heretik32
    Yeah right, go ahead and judge a culture you don't understand. Way to go
    A culture, haha. Yeah getting drawing put on your body makes a lot of sense. 99% of teenage kids just get them because someone else got one so they want to fit in. How many times have you seen a kid with a chinese symbol that you have no idea what the hell it means? Then you have to take their word for it that it means : Soul, loyalty, love, or whatever kind of crap they want people to think they stand for.

My cousin has this giant bull skull tatted on his back. What for? Just plain dumb.

another pic

wtf @ deshawn's

Myrrh

My cousin has this giant bull skull tatted on his back. What for? Just plain dumb.
    So just cause your relatives are dumb as **** makes tattooing dumb, too?

It's always easy to judge something from the outside looking in. Don't even get me started on things like religion... getting ink etched into your skin is nothing compared to that nonsense.

A culture, haha. Yeah getting drawing put on your body makes a lot of sense. 99% of teenage kids just get them because someone else got one so they want to fit in. How many times have you seen a kid with a chinese symbol that you have no idea what the hell it means? Then you have to take their word for it that it means : Soul, loyalty, love, or whatever kind of crap they want people to think they stand for.

Tattoos have existed for ages and they mean different things to different cultures. The Yakuza get full body suits of ancient Japanese artwork using traditional inking methods. Certain tribes across the world use tattooing as a rite of passage or to signify rank and seniority. In modern western pop culture, it's merely a fashion statement, and there's nothing wrong with that. Don't bash what you don't understand. Perhaps you're simply insecure that you don't have a tattoo and are trying to justify it by bashing those who do, which just makes you sound like a little b*tch.

So just cause your relatives are dumb as **** makes tattooing dumb, too?

It's always easy to judge something from the outside looking in. Don't even get me started on things like religion... getting ink etched into your skin is nothing compared to that nonsense.
    I'm not against it for any other reason than I think it looks bad and will look worse when that person gets old. I hate religion and the control freaks that try and force their beliefs onto other people. I was just reading a chapter about how Phil Jackson's parents were very religious and he rebelled from it (all his brothers did too). It takes intelligence to realize how much BS religion. Sort of makes me have even more respect for Phil Jackson knowing the kind of child hood he had.

Quote Originally Posted by Sroek
    Tattoos have existed for ages and they mean different things to different cultures. The Yakuza get full body suits of ancient Japanese artwork using traditional inking methods. Certain tribes across the world use tattooing as a rite of passage or to signify rank and seniority. In modern western pop culture, it's merely a fashion statement, and there's nothing wrong with that. Don't bash what you don't understand. Perhaps you're simply insecure that you don't have a tattoo and are trying to justify it by bashing those who do, which just makes you sound like a little b*tch.
    Why would I be insecure about not having something I don't want in the first place? I know a lot about fashion and I read a lot about brand called Ed Hardy (I like their shirts). Yes those shirts that you happen to see every celebrity wearing around Los Angeles. It's based off of tatoo art which I think is pretty cool. You wear a shirt with something cool on it and then take it off. Not get something permanently drawn on your body, it's just so trendy to get a tattoo.

Myrrh

I'm not against it for any other reason than I think it looks bad and will look worse when that person gets old.
    Yeah, but that's your taste then, isn't it. It doesn't automatically make it bad for other people.

Sure it'll look different/worse when you get older, but then getting older never really improves one's looks, does it.

I personally wouldn't want to miss my tats, even though they're fading and will be getting saggy with age. Good tattoos are an expression of what you are, what you want to be and what you believe in.
    And for the record, I too am sick of japanese characters on 17-year-olds.

Yeah, but that's your taste then, isn't it. It doesn't automatically make it bad for other people.

Sure it'll look different/worse when you get older, but then getting older never really improves one's looks, does it.

I personally wouldn't want to miss my tats, even though they're fading and will be getting saggy with age. Good tattoos are an expression of what you are, what you want to be and what you believe in.
    And for the record, I too am sick of japanese characters on 17-year-olds.
    This is where you lose me. I can't count the amount of times I see a girl at the mall with a tramp stamp and it's some butterfly or tiger or something they saw in their favorite movie. Does that mean they have an inner butterfly? lol.

Why would I be insecure about not having something I don't want in the first place? I know a lot about fashion and I read a lot about brand called Ed Hardy who that you happen to see every celebrity wearing. It's based off of tatoo art which I think is pretty cool. You wear a shirt with something cool on it and then take it off. Not get something permanently drawn on your body, it's just so trendy to get a tattoo.
    We all live in temporary sacks of flesh, anyway. I can understand being anti-corporate fashion, where people spend ridiculous amounts of money for a pair of "designer" jeans and under-aged sweatshop laborers aren't paid anything over a measly buck for an entire day of work. But being anti-tattoo is illogical and dumb, since it's a personal choice which doesn't affect anybody else. Yes, it's trendy, so are a lot of things. Hating something just because it's trendy is so immature.