Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: dwyane wade vs jerry west

Wade would destroy West if they were matched up in a game. West dribbled with one hand with his head down.

One Mizzou.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Wade's resume ain't up to par w/ the Logo's, but I believe he was a better player. Just watching the film, it couldn't be more obvious
    You can't accurately cross compare their games accurately because of the evolution of the game itself, modern medicine, technology, training and nutrition.

One Mizzou.

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    Wade would destroy West if they were matched up in a game. West dribbled with one hand with his head down.
    A. The game is played 5 on 5.
    B. Go check out film on West and see if he couldn't dribble or drive with his left.
    C. No guard has ever impacted the league defensively as West did. He is the greatest defensive guard of all-time.

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Big Wade fan here but Jerry West is the logo.

Jerry is more like Kobe and Wade is more like David Thompson in terms of glory. Wade has a chance to pass West though without another great finals performance and like 2 more years of averaging close to 20/5/5.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT
    He wouldn't destroy him but most likely he would win the matchup more times than the other way around (I won't discuss that 1on1 bullshit, talking about 5on5 basketball here, taking .......
    Again, I agree with what you're saying. I've said several times that West is a great player and one of the greatest ever. I'm not even ranking Wade above West. The thing is, you're forgetting how good of a player Wade is. As I said earlier, I can use just last seasons playoffs (literally his worst playoffs), to show that he's a better player than West.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2ktors
    Cross comparing players from different eras leads to inaccuracy. To even try that is Foolish. The game, nutrition, technology and training is superior now than ever.

I just recently had this conversation on another board be I'll say it again:

Shooting: West
    Slashing: Wade
    Defense: West
    Ball handling: Wade
    Rebounding: Inconclusive
    Passing: West (slight)
    So, what you're saying is that one of the greatest SG's of all time, and one of the greatest players of the "modern era", with all the technology and advancements is not better than a guy from the '60's who lacked all these things? The same guy who got the better of the 2nd greatest SG and a top 10 GOAT several times, in their head-to-head match ups?! Are you also trying to say that the guy who could barely dribble with two hands is better than Wade?