Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: 1998 Los Angeles Lakers vs. 1998 Chicago Bulls in a best of 7 series

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    I'd say the 95 Rockets playoff team would give us the most fits. I know they finished 4th or 5th but being a defending champ and getting Clyde mid season gave that team the edge heading into the postseason.
    Yea, just like the '95 Magic w/ Shaq and Penny. But honestly, if Jordan was there the whole season ... we stand a better chance. We'd still be contenders. That's why I laugh when people think it's absurd if Jordan didn't play baseball that 2x more rings weren't legit left on the table.

Default Re: 1998 Los Angeles Lakers vs. 1998 Chicago Bulls in a best of 7 series

I meant MJ not losing to any of the 90s era teams. I just don't see IG happening. He, Phil, and Scottie knew to adjust.

I'd say the 95 Rockets playoff team would give us the most fits. I know they finished 4th or 5th but being a defending champ and getting Clyde mid season gave that team the edge heading into the postseason.
    That's fair then.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    The Bulls smashed Shaq in 96
    That Magic team sucked ass against the Bulls. Outside of Shaq and Penny of course. Even Penny played well in 1-2 games that series. That Bulls team is one of the GOAT teams.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii

I speak against him is when things go overboard.
    The guy took 2 years off in his prime and still went 6 for 6... It's pretty much impossible to go overboard with MJ.
    Last edited by 3ball; 09-21-2014 at 05:38 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii

it's silly to act as if there are no circumstances under which MJ's team loses a Finals.
    why is it silly??

what evidence do you have that MJ can lose in a Finals?

How can you disprove the quote below, let alone facepalm it?

No one is beating MJ in the Finals.

NO. ONE.
    Last edited by 3ball; 09-21-2014 at 04:30 AM.