Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: We finna act like Kobe wouldn't lead the Heat over the Spurs?

Quote Originally Posted by deja vu
    Replace old Duncan with prime Duncan and the Spurs sweep the Heat. And win 2013 as well.

Decent playground baller

Replacing LeBron with any other all time great wouldn't change anything. Jordan or Kobe would get their points but they can't play defense for everyone else on the court. They can't get Wade to create a shot for his own. They can't help the terrible point guard play the Heat had this series.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by KBaller33
    Replacing LeBron with any other all time great wouldn't change anything. Jordan or Kobe would get their points but they can't play defense for everyone else on the court. They can't get Wade to create a shot for his own. They can't help the terrible point guard play the Heat had this series.
    Jordan created a different type of focus with his teammates, a certain confidence and ability to battle/compete.

Miami was just a group of individuals, I don't think LeBron inspires that type of focus from his teammates. They play well when things are going good for them and fold when it gets tough.

Points/rebounds/assists are just one metric, great players impact the "flow" of the game in numerous way ... ie: hitting a shot at a key moment to swing momentum back in their favor.

That stuff does not show up on a stat sheet, but it's often things like that accumulated over the span of a game that can change a game.

The Spurs simply crushed Miami's spirit. But they're not some superhuman team, they had big trouble with 8th seed Dallas, could've easily lost that series, and probably would've needed 7 games versus the Thunder if Ibaka had not been injured.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 08-05-2014 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deja vu
    Replace old Duncan with prime Duncan and the Spurs sweep the Heat. And win 2013 as well.
    And that would still hold true with a PRIME wade on the Heat.

Quote Originally Posted by LBJFTW
    And that would still hold true with a PRIME wade on the Heat.
    There's no way in hell a team with prime LeBron AND Wade is getting swept

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    Jordan created a different type of focus with his teammates, a certain confidence and ability to battle/compete.

Miami was just a group of individuals, I don't think LeBron inspires that type of focus from his teammates. They play well when things are going good for them and fold when it gets tough.

Points/rebounds/assists are just one metric, great players impact the "flow" of the game in numerous way ... ie: hitting a shot at a key moment to swing momentum back in their favor.

That stuff does not show up on a stat sheet, but it's often things like that accumulated over the span of a game that can change a game.

The Spurs simply crushed Miami's spirit. But they're not some superhuman team, they had big trouble with 8th seed Dallas, could've easily lost that series, and probably would've needed 7 games versus the Thunder if Ibaka had not been injured.
    I agree with the focus part. MJ is different in that aspect and he would bring and inspire more fight. But they way the Spurs were playing I doubt much would change. They had the greatest finals shooting performance in one game. Their ball movement was amazing. MJ would be super competetive as usual but I don't see it happening. Do you think MJ gets Wade to create a shot for self? The 2014 finals was the worst series Wade ever had. The Heat couldn't get pass that.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    There's no way in hell a team with prime LeBron AND Wade is getting swept
    Do you not know how good a prime Duncan is?

Quote Originally Posted by LBJFTW
    Do you not know how good a prime Duncan is?
    He's not good enough to SWEEP a prime LeBron/Wade duo

I'm sick of this bullshit. Prime Duncan would have done this, no he wouldn't beat LeBron and Wade, Jordan would have beat the Spurs, LeBron should have beat the Spurs... you're all a bunch of ****ing idiots - basketball is a 5 on 5 game - "Duncan" did not beat "LeBron" this year, the ****ing Spurs beat the Miami Heat in dominating fashion because they were a much better basketball team. They were cohesive, well-coached, full of savvy players who defended, moved the ball extremely well and shot the lights out like we've never seen a team do before.

Replace LeBron with Kobe? First of all Miami would have two starting shooting guards so there goes that ****ing idea... the Heat were getting blown out by 20 points every game. What the **** is Kobe gonna do? Jordan? Sorry Jordan is the greatest baller in history and LeBron can't hold his jock strap, but put Jordan at the 3 spot on that Miami squad and they'd get blown out just the same. You ****ing morons wasting your breath about how MJ would have inspired the team to focus harder and blah blah blah god dammit they got severely outplayed and outcoached, no single player would have made a damn bit of difference.

If anything, replacing LeBron with anyone else would have led to a sweep. The only game Miami stole was won on the coattails of LeBron going berserk. **** OP, **** stalkerforlife, **** all you stupid repetitive kobetards spitting your repetitive garbage and being blind to the actual game of basketball.

Prometheus, bruh, you sound upset. May I suggest you take a valium? Or fap to some pr0n? Or smoke some weed? Just relax, my friend.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by KBaller33
    I agree with the focus part. MJ is different in that aspect and he would bring and inspire more fight. But they way the Spurs were playing I doubt much would change. They had the greatest finals shooting performance in one game. Their ball movement was amazing. MJ would be super competetive as usual but I don't see it happening. Do you think MJ gets Wade to create a shot for self? The 2014 finals was the worst series Wade ever had. The Heat couldn't get pass that.
    It's the same Spurs team that very nearly was beaten in round 1 by the 8th seed Dallas Mavericks just a few weeks prior.

They just wanted it more than Miami did, Miami did not want to fight for a chip.

Beyond that I think a few chickens came home to roost for Miami ... for one I don't think LeBron/Wade/Bosh ever really played that great together. Their games were not a good fit and LeBron isn't the type of leader to get his teams to fit into his game philosophy.

Jordan was willing to accept a very different style of offence in the triangle, taking fewer shots, and letting Pippen taking over more of the ball handling because it's what was best for the team. LeBron expects everyone to play his style of game, I saw zero inclination on his part to adapt his game for the betterment of Bosh/Wade at all. He basically wanted to play the exact same way he did in Cleveland.

It's not a coincidence I think that when Lebron teams fold in the post-season, it tends to be a spectacular collapse with not a lot of fight left by the end of it. Dallas looked like the greatest team ever assembled by the end of the 2011 Finals when they were whupping Miami too. Shaq teams did the same thing.
    It's kind of a reflection of the lead player IMO.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 08-05-2014 at 01:47 AM.

Very good NBA starter

[color=white]thread isn't complete without it[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Kobe would probably put up 30 ppg against the Spurs, on lower FG% than LeBron.... It would basically be the same series
    ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    Prometheus, bruh, you sound upset. May I suggest you take a valium? Or fap to some pr0n? Or smoke some weed? Just relax, my friend.
    lol I love basketball my dude. I also love the truth. both are being disrespected and I'm just venting. repped for counseling though

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    also because of how true your tagline is