Chuck makes no sense.

Local High School Star YAH trick YAH's Avatar

Default Re: Deron Williams annoyed by Barkley's comments about Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by DOUBLE DRIBBLE
    Sounds like DWilliams has sand in his ******
    Did you even watch the clip?

Quote Originally Posted by Courtside View
    The Jordan comparisons probably irritate him (as they do anyone with a reasonable knowledege of teh game). I also wouldn't be surprised if Kobe's personality rubs him the wrong way. Kobe is a polarizing guy. Just because Barkley's a former NBA great doesn't mean he doesn't feel the same way about him as many in the general public.
    Why the hell would he be irritated by that? That has absolutely nothing to do with him, it's not like Kobe asked to be compared to MJ.

As a matter of fact, I can recall a few times where he specifically asked not to be compared to him.

Kobe is polarizing, but Barkley is the only analyst that I have seen that seems to dislike him. Kobe and C-Webb almost fought each other in '02 and even he seems to like and him talks favorably of him.

Barkley seems to hate him for no reason. Also, LOL at him saying that Kobe's 30 "didn't help" (despite being over 25% of the team's points in every game) and changing from 30 to 40. I like him, but the guy is a straight up hater.

NBA lottery pick

TNT knows Chucks is just there for the lulz while the real analyst are Cwebb and the Jet...The Chuckster is exactly that...there for a good chuckle. *chuckles*

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

Chuck just looks foolish, how can a man days of dropping 30 be over after he drops 30 in 5 straight games? Kobe has showed a slight decline from his 2005-2006 years, but he still the best closer in basketball. Kobe's "demise" has been greatly exaggerated.

Quote Originally Posted by game3524
    Chuck just looks foolish, how can a man days of dropping 30 be over after he drops 30 in 5 straight games? Kobe has showed a slight decline from his 2005-2006 years, but he still the best closer in basketball. Kobe's "demise" has been greatly exaggerated.
    He also said his 30 didn't make a difference, which is just downright stupid.

By the end of last night, it was obvious that he was just searching for a reason to discredit Kobe.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Someone needs to tell Deron to stop taking Chuck seriously. I thought everyone knew Chuck is there for entertainment purposes. Too bad for the Jazz if they can't handle Kobe.

Magic Johnson

Um, they were a great 30 points, because he didn't have to dominate the ball in order to get them.

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Um, they were a great 30 points, because he didn't have to dominate the ball in order to get them.
    Yeah, he really played efficiently the past 5 games.

CeoTypeDoe619

Charles Barkley is just jealous of Kobe Bryant. If Kobe retires today he has already accomplished 10x more then Barkley. And in the next 4 years Kobe can win a ring in each year.

At first i thought he was just Kobe Version of Skip Bayless. But i recently started to notice its more jealousy then hate.

High School Varsity 6th Man

dwill lookin nice in that jacket though

LAL|LAC

Who cares? Charles is a drunk bastard and says stupid sh1t all the time.

Barkley knows the Lakers bigs will abuse the Suns in the next round so he's saying things like "Kobe can't score 40 anymore" in hopes that maybe Kobe will go out and take a bunch of shots and score 40 to prove him wrong. Kobe's not that stupid (anymore).

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Courtside View
    I know in your mindless fanboy world, anyone who doesn't care for Bryant (or think he's GOAT) is "jealous" of him. Care to explain how he's so close with Jordan then? Shouldn't he be "jealous" of Jordan? Doesn't seem to have a problem with Shaq or Magic. Shouldn't he be "jealous" of them? Or Duncan? etc.?

Maybe (horrors!) he doesn't really care for the guy, and feels he's on the overrated side! Oh no! Action punishable by death to fanboys!
    Yeah that's the problem inside their delusional minds. They think that we're "jealous" or "hate him cause he's too good", etc. Bullsh*t. Like you said, if that's the case, we'd all hate MJ or Magic or Bird or Kareem, or any of the all time greats. I've had people say I hate Kobe because he scored 81 points against my Raptors. Again, bullsh*t. If that's the case, I'd loathe Shaq seeing as how he dropped 45 on my team while being old and way past his prime, while rubbing it in calling Chris Bosh the RuPaul of big men. Instead, I just laughed and gave old man Shaq props on having a vintage game.

Sh*t if I was Barkley, maybe I would be jealous of Kobe, seeing as how I never got to dictate which franchise I played for on draft night, or was paired up alongside arguably the most dominant player in NBA history, as well as the GOAT coach to automatically win rings. Kobe's had it waayyyy easier than many players that have come before. I've used this comparison here before, but it's like that spoiled brat you knew back in high school. The one who's parents catered to their every need, and seemingly never got in trouble. They would get away with murder and you knew if you tried even half the crap they pulled, what would happen to you. Not to mention they would go around moaning about how misunderstood they were and pout whenever the slightest thing didn't go exactly the way they wanted it to.

CeoTypeDoe619

Quote Originally Posted by raptorfan_dr07
    Yeah that's the problem inside their delusional minds. They think that we're "jealous" or "hate him cause he's too good", etc. Bullsh*t. Like you said, if that's the case, we'd all hate MJ or Magic or Bird or Kareem, or any of the all time greats. I've had people say I hate Kobe because he scored 81 points against my Raptors. Again, bullsh*t. If that's the case, I'd loathe Shaq seeing as how he dropped 45 on my team while being old and way past his prime, while rubbing it in calling Chris Bosh the RuPaul of big men. Instead, I just laughed and gave old man Shaq props on having a vintage game.

Sh*t if I was Barkley, maybe I would be jealous of Kobe, seeing as how I never got to dictate which franchise I played for on draft night, or was paired up alongside arguably the most dominant player in NBA history, as well as the GOAT coach to automatically win rings. Kobe's had it waayyyy easier than many players that have come before. I've used this comparison here before, but it's like that spoiled brat you knew back in high school. The one who's parents catered to their every need, and seemingly never got in trouble. They would get away with murder and you knew if you tried even half the crap they pulled, what would happen to you. Not to mention they would go around moaning about how misunderstood they were and pout whenever the slightest thing didn't go exactly the way they wanted it to.
    lol. So you just proved he was Jealous