Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-22-2007, 04:14 PM   #1
Moose

Default Washington, Indiana Trade Idea

Washington Receives:

Jermaine O'Neal
Darrell Armstrong (Expiring)

Indiana Receives:

Antawn Jamison (Expiring)
Brendan Haywood

Why?

Indiana does this trade so they can come closer to rebuilding with Jamison expiring contract. They also add toughness in Haywood.

Washington does this so they can get a real PF in O'Neal (Jamison is better suited as a SF) and also get a great 3rd string PG and a great locker room presence in Armstrong. They also get rid of Haywood's contract which they been trying to do for the past two seasons. When healthy this team can be scary.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:23 PM   #2
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Washington, Indiana Trade Idea

It makes sense but I don't think this is something Bird would do.
I don't think he's a type of a GM who's big on expiring contracts and even with Jamison's expiring, the Pacers would still have many bad contracts so I doubt their cap situation would be good.

Makes great sense for Washington. They'd be scary wih JO instead of Jamison.
Makes some sense for Indiana.

But in the end, I think Indiana says no.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 04:25 PM   #3
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Wizards value Tawn a lot don't they?

He's the leader of the team, not Gil. Jermaine isn't exactly a leader
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 04:30 PM   #4
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
They also add toughness in Haywood.
This killed me.

not a bad trade, but Id expect INd would rather have more and younger pieces, maybe jamison and .... young?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 04:32 PM   #5
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

skillswithaz has an OK reputation so far

Jermaine O'Neal is still a great player
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 04:34 PM   #6
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
This killed me.

not a bad trade, but Id expect INd would rather have more and younger pieces, maybe jamison and .... young?

lol I know the man is soft as a marshmallow but Indiana doesn't really have a tough C. Maybe a change is good for Haywood.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:38 PM   #7
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

Indiana without JO is easily the worst defensive team in the league.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 05:02 PM   #8
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
Indiana without JO is easily the worst defensive team in the league.
lmao sooo true
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 05:26 PM   #9
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If this could possibly get done, any hesitation by the Wiz would just kill me. Can't really see how this is a better deal than a trade involving Bynum, Kwame's expirer, and a few more younger pieces. Yet people trash that deal. Tawn's a good player, but in no way is he going to turn a team around, and in terms of what he would actually bring long term, he's really not that much more valuable than Kwame Brown.
Quote:
They also add toughness in Haywood.

At this point, I'd trade Haywood in the same way the Suns traded Kurt Thomas. Anything to just get rid of the guy. How he manages to do it is something I can't see myself ever understanding, but he really does hurt the team more than he helps them. Forget locker room issues, forget the complete lack of effort to improve whatsoever, forget the feuds he's got going on with multiple players and the coach, forget all of that. All of those things hurt the team, but I'm asking that you forget about that stuff and just look at his oncourt play. And amazingly enough, he still manages to hurt the team. Laziness that transfers over to the rest of the team, demanding the ball in the post and throwing up consistently bad shots that never seem to go down, absolutely no defense in any way. Ugh. Maybe he does just need a change. Maybe he'd be a 15/10/2 player in Indiana, or anywhere else, in a new setting, but he's just never going to be that here. It's not going to happen, and I think every Wizards fan has come to accept that, and hope that management realizes it too and gets rid of his sorry ass.

But yeah, sign me up for this trade. Quickly. Before Indiana realizes what the hell they're doing.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: