Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Serious discussion for LBJ stans...

Regular season
    They won
    Regular season
    He's not the GOAT why compare lbj to him

1 starred

Basketball is a team sport. LeBron did the right thing. Why does he need to keep scoring for them when the whole offense can get into a rhythm? The game was won through defense, rebounding, and clutch FTs. I just can't stand stans and haters who only focus on one individual player in a game. Like Haslem came in and made a big difference for 9 minutes, but let's talk about LeBron more like he only scored 10 points in the game.

I rule the local playground Rondo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    Basketball is a team sport. LeBron did the right thing. Why does he need to keep scoring for them when the whole offense can get into a rhythm? The game was won through defense, rebounding, and clutch FTs. I just can't stand stans and haters who only focus on one individual player in a game. Like Haslem came in and made a big difference for 9 minutes, but let's talk about LeBron more like he only scored 10 points in the game.
    Point is though, Haslem came in and made a big contribution to the team and won't get any credit (you know this and I know this). The talk will be on LeBron's dominance in the 1st quarter and his FT's at the end of the 4th quarter. My question is, why can't someone so gifted and so far ahead of his peers - and someone who had earlier put up 25 points in 1 quarter - not put the game out of sight in the 4th? He should be on the bench in garbage time, don't you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Rondo
    Point is though, Haslem came in and made a big contribution to the team and won't get any credit (you know this and I know this). The talk will be on LeBron's dominance in the 1st quarter and his FT's at the end of the 4th quarter. My question is, why can't someone so gifted and so far ahead of his peers - and someone who had earlier put up 25 points in 1 quarter - not put the game out of sight in the 4th? He should be on the bench in garbage time, don't you agree?
    His impact is felt even if he's not scoring. If other plays are making shots, why would he decide to play hero ball and take the offense out of a rhythm? What if he decided to play hero ball and shot 1/7 or something? You would crucify him for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfan
    Regular season
    They won
    Regular season
    He's not the GOAT why compare lbj to him

1 starred

I genuinely have no idea what your point is? Yeah, they won. My point is that a player so unbelievably gifted and a player who'd previously put up 25 points in the 1st quarter should be doing far more in the fourth than having to hit two FT's just to seal the game.

Remember that time when Paxson made the championship winning shot while MJ was barely over the half court line, trying to stay as far away from the ball as possible?

That was a great team work and the Bulls won the game

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    His impact is felt even if he's not scoring. If other plays are making shots, why would he decide to play hero ball and take the offense out of a rhythm? What if he decided to play hero ball and shot 1/7 or something? You would crucify him for that.
    There's a difference between trying to play "hero ball" and taking over the game, IMO. I would crucify him if he was throwing up terrible shots. If he was attacking and taking smart shots (he usually does and I see no reason why he wouldn't have continued to) then there's no case to answer for him.

haslem would get the credit he deserves for playing good as a role player with more minutes in some games. that is all the credit he should get. Bosh gets the credit he deserves when people call him the second best player on heat or at least equal to wade. Lebron was the number 1 reason miami won that game. You might not agree with that but it is the truth. Lebron was better than anyone in that game and he would still get blasted for not scoring 60 by a lot of people.
    So unless ESPN starts making full articles or first take discussions about bosh not having good playoffs like they do when lebron is not playing well, you have no reason to bitch about bosh or anyone else not getting enough credit.
    Lebron gets the irrational hate so why should he not get irrational love from his fans.

I genuinely have no idea what your point is? Yeah, they won. My point is that a player so unbelievably gifted and a player who'd previously put up 25 points in the 1st quarter should be doing far more in the fourth than having to hit two FT's just to seal the game.
    why didn't chris bosh play in first 3 quarters like he played in fourth? Game would be over and team would be well rested for back to back games.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    Remember that time when Paxson made the championship winning shot while MJ was barely over the half court line, trying to stay as far away from the ball as possible?

That was a great team work and the Bulls won the game
    Barely over half court? Lies. Trying to stay away from the ball? Lies. Sometimes it's often necessary and smart that an inferior player takes the big shot because he'll get a much better look. Not that you'd understand anything about high IQ basketball.

Using similar logic. Remember that time LeBron bricked a shot in the finals and Allen saved him?

Lebron of ISH

Lebron has had more than his fair share of big 4th quarters buddy. Is Magic Johnson not a GOAT because he "deferred" to teammates

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    haslem would get the credit he deserves for playing good as a role player with more minutes in some games. that is all the credit he should get. Bosh gets the credit he deserves when people call him the second best player on heat or at least equal to wade. Lebron was the number 1 reason miami won that game. You might not agree with that but it is the truth. Lebron was better than anyone in that game and he would still get blasted for not scoring 60 by a lot of people.
    So unless ESPN starts making full articles or first take discussions about bosh not having good playoffs like they do when lebron is not playing well, you have no reason to bitch about bosh or anyone else not getting enough credit.
    Lebron gets the irrational hate so why should he not get irrational love from his fans.
    I agree with it 100%. My point is he should have games like that sealed and be sitting on the bench long before the 15 second mark.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGOAT
    Lebron has had more than his fair share of big 4th quarters buddy. Is Magic Johnson not a GOAT because he "deferred" to teammates
    I didn't say LeBron's not one of the greatest. I said he's not the greatest. I've seen so many stans say he is. Hell, even earlier Marlo was saying if LeBron's jumper is falling he's the GOAT and it ain't close...

LeBron's definitely top 10. Anyone who denies his greatness is deluded.

I agree with it 100%. My point is he should have games like that sealed and be sitting on the bench long before the 15 second mark.
    i am sure he knows that and will not anyone else touch the ball so that 5 defenders can stand around him knowing that a poster named Rondo has forced him into not trusting his teammates who are paid millions to play basketball.
    Magic and bird were such shit players.

I didn't say LeBron's not one of the greatest. I said he's not the greatest. I've seen so many stans say he is. Hell, even earlier Marlo was saying if LeBron's jumper is falling he's the GOAT and it ain't close...

Then go talk to marlo then. stop shitposting like him.

Lebron of ISH

Lebron doesn't have to play like Jordan to be as good or better than him, and you are judging on unfinished book. He's only 29 so we will where he ends up all time

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    i am sure he knows that and will not anyone else touch the ball so that 5 defenders can stand around him knowing that a poster named Rondo has forced him into not trusting his teammates who are paid millions to play basketball.
    Magic and bird were such shit players.

Then go talk to marlo then. stop shitposting like him.

Your points are all over the place. I'm not saying he should hog the ball and have 5 defenders standing around him. I'm saying he should be doing more in crunch time. He's good enough to score 25 in the 1st yet he doesn't play anywhere near as aggressive in the 4th when it's a neck and neck game?