Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Police kill UPS driver who gets taken hostage in a shower of bullets

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    the goverment turns on its people and so will mos of the military
    Until a strong message is sent to police, they aren

Default Re: Police kill UPS driver who gets taken hostage in a shower of bullets

[QUOTE=egokiller]Until a strong message is sent to police, they aren

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    lol. The government can do whatever they want to us and militias with handheld weapons would not be a threat.
    In a fantasy land scenario where every gunholder in the US turned in the government, uh, yeah, you best believe the government is absolutely ****ed.

But we're no where near that happening... US citizens are too fat and happy and they are not even remotely close to being desperate as a collective.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

This Ari guy is pretty ignorant

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Damn. There are literally more cops on that freeway than civilians. How do the superiors keep control of the sheer amount of cops rushing in on that van? Appears, to a lay person like myself at least, very disorganized.

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Besides the UPS driver apparently avdriver in one of the cars was killed as well.

One of the basic rules of handling a gun that every hunter and recreational shooter learns right from the start is don't pull the trigger until the target is on sight and you are 100% sure what's behind the target. I've heard police departments prefer to hire people either with military training or no firearms experience at all because they don't want to have to break the "bad habits" hunters and recreational shooters may have developed.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    Not only would that be an ethical disaster. It's also an industry that's very easy to monopolize. Actually there's a lot of things that could go wrong with privatized police depts. So you end up in the same shit we have now, just in different formats. The best thing we can do is to just hold our police departments to higher standards. We shouldn't have to vote with our money when we're supposed to be voting with our...you know, vote.

Or you can simply carry a weapon and protect yourself if you are being brutalized.

That was handled very poorly.

I work for USPS so this hits close to home. I'm going to do my best to not be inside my stolen postal truck.

why didn't they just carjack the kid and let him go smh

Pretty shocking stuff, and the video does not help the officers involved at all. It looks like there were a number of violations of proper procedure and I expect there will be an investigation. Our police officers need better training and more stringent mechanisms to hold them accountable when they egregiously veer from their training.

Good take from a tweet I saw:

I hope this opens the conversation about what purpose the police truly serve when they cannot independently make a judgment call that it is better to let a robber (with goods covered by insurance) go rather than spray bullets into multiple humans and cars.

I ****ing hate this shithole state, can't wait to move out. Cops literally used bystander traffic as cover, some of the posters in here trying to justify this are insane.

I'm guessing all it took was one trigger happy cop for the rest to start panicking and follow suit. Either that or a trigger happy commander on scene.

Because there's no way what transpired was policy.

UPS praised law enforcement for their efforts. That's right, when the cops kill you your employer will praise them. SMH

Was pretty pathetic when the police officers were using civilian vehicles as cover.. while civilians were INSIDE their cars. WTF? That's the same as using civilians as a meat shield.