LeBron's choke in the finals has done wonders for Dirk's legacy

I vote KG

I usually hit open layups

Default Re: #16 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Dirk should send LeBron flowers for the rest of his life

I vote KG
    I'll assume you only watched the finals and not the rest of the playoffs. Dirk's playoff run that year was legendary, beating teams in convincing fashion while being the underdogs the whole time. Don't hate the big german for being the backbone of a franchise. KG's cool and all but putting him in Dirk's place won't win them any rings.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

I don't think it matters what players you put around KG. No team was going to win with him as the lead dog.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Dirk should send LeBron flowers for the rest of his life

I vote KG

They swept the hell out of the Lakers. Lebron choking shouldn't change the fact Dirk carried that average team to the Finals.

My vote would go for George Mikkan as #16. Or Scottie Pippen for #16
    Last edited by JellyBean; 08-30-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Wow. No Karl Malone? I vote for Karl Malone as #16

Wow...My man Elgin getting seriously disrespected...It's gonna be a shame if he doesn't even make top 20.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I don't think it matters what players you put around KG. No team was going to win with him as the lead dog.

Except the one he was 3rd in MVP voting on, all NBA first team, the leading scorer and rebounder in the playoffs, the leading 4th quarter scorer, and DPOY on a team that won with defense before he had like 27/16 to finish off the lakers. As his teammate from the time said:

Great post as always, Kblaze.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Except the one he was 3rd in MVP voting on, all NBA first team, the leading scorer and rebounder in the playoffs, the leading 4th quarter scorer, and DPOY on a team that won with defense before he had like 27/16 to finish off the lakers. As his teammate from the time said:

“This is my seventh year in the N.B.A. I’ve been to the finals twice, and those teams were great. But they were not like this team,” Scalabrine says. “And the reason why is Kevin Garnett. The media perception about Garnett is real. When Kevin walks into the facility and the weight room, he jokes around and makes fun of guys. But then about 15 minutes before practice, it’s all focus. It’s all work. If he is not clear about something, we don’t move on until we are all clear. He solves a lot of problems. I mean, I’ve played with good players. I played with Jason Kidd, and Kidd is an incredible gamer. But he was never as demanding of his teammates the way Kevin is. Not half as much. Not a quarter as much.”

Quote:
    "You want a book? I can give you a book. I could sum it up in three words _ we have accountability," he said. "Kevin demands a high level of perfection out there. When we're tied, he's upset. That's how it is. The bar is set so high and that's where it needs to be set."

But that isnt leading the team because Paul Pierce had a 38 point loss in the finals that gave him the MVP while playing some of the worst postseason ball he ever had for much of the playoffs.

You can hate all you like. KG led that team. He was the driving force from the day he arrived and ive heard half the players and Doc Rivers say so.
    3rd in MVP Voting because of his team won like 65+ games. Just shows that he wasn't a real superstar by not winning the award despite the massive team accolade which the media always takes into consideration. If KG plays the exact same way, but his team wins 40 games due to teammates getting hurt and other things he can't effect then he isn't even top ten. His "3rd in NBA MVP accomplishment"(lol what a joke) is a team driven award rewarded for the stacked team he was on.

Sorry, but I'm not going to care when a guy averages 18 PPG 10 RPG as being "the dominant leader".

KG was the third leading scorer in the NBA Finals. 18 PPG on 43% from the field as a bigman. Pierce and Allen both averaed 20+ PPG. KG was not the first option when Boston won that title. That Boston team won because they had an overall stacked team, and incredible depth. Giving KG sole credit is laughable as best and just exposes the mancrush you have on him.

The 2008 Celtics were not built around KG, they simply added KG to their core which is when he is most successful. KG is a complimentary star for a winner, not THE star. When I talk all-time greats I want guys I can build around and win. Malone may not have won a title, but his teams were consistantly elite and if the ball bounced differently a few times he easily has a ring. KG isn't even in that conversation when he had a team catored to him. All he cared about was being the most payed player in the league prohibiting Minny from surrounding him with quality talent via Free agency.
    Last edited by MiamiThrice; 08-30-2012 at 03:22 PM.

Banned

KG isn't even in that conversation when he had a team catored to him. All he cared about was being the most payed player in the league prohibiting Minny from surrounding him with quality talent via Free agency.
    Just like Kobe's contract has prohibited LA from surrounding him with talent this year, right?

I usually hit open layups Coffee Black's Avatar

Let's really think about why Charles Barkley or Karl Malone or Kevin Garnett have a better NBA legacy than Bob Pettit.

Kg at 16. WTF??

Dirks better and he's 6 spots lower. But still KG at 16????

Cant believe Zeke fell down to #25

thought he was gonna win this one after two pages