Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 1st Day of Recreational Marijuana Sales in Michigan

Default Re: 1st Day of Recreational Marijuana Sales in Michigan

I used to smoke, very little. Like, small amounts in the vape once or twice a week. It helped me get past a tough time but it was before bed so I can sleep.

It was great but left me paranoid after several minutes.

With that said, I don't think I agree with it being legal. Too many potheads exist already destroying our society. The ones that do it and succeed, using it to their advantage, is cool. I can say it motivated me too because it shifted my mindset somehow.

I just can't deal with people driving high. Being high 24-7 on the streets. I might be the only one that feels that way but we deal with drunks all the time. Moderate use is fine and all, I just can't with the airheads using this.

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    I used to smoke, very little. Like, small amounts in the vape once or twice a week. It helped me get past a tough time but it was before bed so I can sleep.

With that said, I don't think I agree with it being legal. Too many potheads exist already destroying our society. The ones that do it and succeed, using it to their advantage, is cool. I can say it motivated me too because it shifted my mindset somehow.

I just can't deal with people driving high. Being high 24-7 on the streets. I might be the only one that feels that way but we deal with drunks all the time. Moderate use is fine and all, I just can't with the airheads using this.
    I also agree with this already, but people smoke regardless whether its legal or illegal. But at least with these pot spots, you can fuel the economy

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Always gotta love the

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    Always gotta love the “I don’t like it so no one else should be able to do it” take
    I mean if anything my post catered to me liking it and providing reason for why in a beneficial way.

I knew I'd get some insecure answers from people who think their third eye opens up when using it. Nothing wrong with feeling insecure or being a heavily doped up user

The majority of the people I know say they drive better while high. I might have been conditioned to believe more people will be motivated to be high and drive.

It isn't a concern for most because they feel using this non-toxic less harmful drug is better than the other. The truth is, we're removing one evil for the next.

Is it a gateway drug? A lot of people have addictive personalities. I wasn't addicted to weed. I stopped cold turkey for periods of 6-12 months and as of right now I'm 8-12 months in without it. However, nicotine was something I've built an addiction to and I don't have an addictive personality. Just utilized it as a stress reliever for my highly stressful job in vape form.

I just can't take anyone serious who says they can do it every day and in their heads see nothing wrong with that.

For people that never experienced it or don't as often, it's arguably less manageable than being drunk. This may vary.

I mean if anything my post catered to me liking it and providing reason for why in a beneficial way.

I knew I'd get some insecure answers from people who think their third eye opens up when using it. Nothing wrong with feeling insecure or being a heavily doped up user

The majority of the people I know say they drive better while high. I might have been conditioned to believe more people will be motivated to be high and drive.

It isn't a concern for most because they feel using this non-toxic less harmful drug is better than the other. The truth is, we're removing one evil for the next.

Is it a gateway drug? A lot of people have addictive personalities. I wasn't addicted to weed. I stopped cold turkey for periods of 6-12 months and as of right now I'm 8-12 months in without it. However, nicotine was something I've built an addiction to and I don't have an addictive personality. Just utilized it as a stress reliever for my highly stressful job in vape form.

I just can't take anyone serious who says they can do it every day and in their heads see nothing wrong with that.

For people that never experienced it or don't as often, it's arguably less manageable than being drunk. This may vary.
    There's been no actual study done that's proven it to be more dangerous than driving under the influence or texting yet. Ofc there's always gonna be potheads who aren't supposed to be behind the wheel regardless, but the overall benefits outweigh the negatives imo.

The whole weed is a gateway drug thing is kind of been beaten to a dead horse at this point, alcohol has a higher chance of doing that but we regulate it instead of outlawing it like weed. You yourself said nicotine is additive(which it scientifically is), so it's not really choosing one vice over the other.

That's with anything in life, I used to hang out w/ those kinds of people myself and I stopped after I realized that they're wasting their lives away while trying to take me w/ them.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    There's been no actual study done that's proven it to be more dangerous than driving under the influence or texting yet. Ofc there's always gonna be potheads who aren't supposed to be behind the wheel regardless, but the overall benefits outweigh the negatives imo.

The whole weed is a gateway drug thing is kind of been beaten to a dead horse at this point, alcohol has a higher chance of doing that but we regulate it instead of outlawing it like weed. You yourself said nicotine is additive(which it scientifically is), so it's not really choosing one vice over the other.

That's with anything in life, I used to hang out w/ those kinds of people myself and I stopped after I realized that they're wasting their lives away while trying to take me w/ them.
    But that's just the problem. As a society were looking to improve our children and create better students. The Juul crisis hit and middle schoolers have them causing a whole generation are ahead of their time.

Legalizing this will cause more underage children having access to a substance that will hinder their growth and development specifically in their brain. Children have access to alcohol already as is.

I'm not saying people won't use this substance responsibly, I'm saying it puts the substance in the hands of more and more people.

I couldn't emphasize any more than I do now that it is an issue when I grew up with 99% of people I graduated HS with smoked weed, and, did so daily.

Just like alcoholics, doing this daily causes people to believe in their heads they can control their decision making process because they've built a tolerance. My barber cuts my hair high 99% of the time and while he does a great job at it because he doesn't 'get high' like he once did because of the tolerance, suggests other people will do the same.

Also, while I won't deny the last time I smoked would be the last time, there's something 'exclusive' about using something and doing something that you're told not to do in the privacy of your own home.

The economy will do better, sure. The money can go to bigger things, sure. But, is it worth our mental state of mind in regards to safety?

I also wanted to add that majority of the time I smoked, the day after I'd suffer from hangover like symptoms. I'd feel much slower and sluggish. Delayed.

I also would like to clarify - I did not indicate I'm against legalization for medical purposes. I'm 100% behind it.

Any recreational drug use is stupid

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    Any recreational drug use is stupid
    Agreed. I think how they're trying to spin it is you can't smoke publicly like you can't drink publicly.

Also, the smell of weed smells like shit.

But that's just the problem. As a society were looking to improve our children and create better students. The Juul crisis hit and middle schoolers have them causing a whole generation are ahead of their time.

Legalizing this will cause more underage children having access to a substance that will hinder their growth and development specifically in their brain. Children have access to alcohol already as is.

I'm not saying people won't use this substance responsibly, I'm saying it puts the substance in the hands of more and more people.

I couldn't emphasize any more than I do now that it is an issue when I grew up with 99% of people I graduated HS with smoked weed, and, did so daily.

Just like alcoholics, doing this daily causes people to believe in their heads they can control their decision making process because they've built a tolerance. My barber cuts my hair high 99% of the time and while he does a great job at it because he doesn't 'get high' like he once did because of the tolerance, suggests other people will do the same.

Also, while I won't deny the last time I smoked would be the last time, there's something 'exclusive' about using something and doing something that you're told not to do in the privacy of your own home.

The economy will do better, sure. The money can go to bigger things, sure. But, is it worth our mental state of mind in regards to safety?

I also wanted to add that majority of the time I smoked, the day after I'd suffer from hangover like symptoms. I'd feel much slower and sluggish. Delayed.

I also would like to clarify - I did not indicate I'm against legalization for medical purposes. I'm 100% behind it.
    Except they already have access the same access to tobacco and nicotine, the age minimums are similar. Hell, kids these days eat anti-depressants and OTC's for breakfast because of their shitty parents and lack of empathy from their peers.

Yeah there's some possibly of weed being bad for you if you overdo it, majority of people who use it do it to relax or treat some medical condition.

This is going to only help us to be honest, the shitty drug war that's been going on for the last 50 years needs to end already. That's caused way more damage than a few bong hits here and there.

Yeah, that's the whole point. Your experience doesn't speak for an entire state combined w/ data and research.

Except they already have access the same access to tobacco and nicotine, the age minimums are similar. Hell, kids these days eat anti-depressants and OTC's for breakfast because of their shitty parents and lack of empathy from their peers.

Yeah there's some possibly of weed being bad for you if you overdo it, majority of people who use it do it to relax or treat some medical condition.

This is going to only help us to be honest, the shitty drug war that's been going on for the last 50 years needs to end already. That's caused way more damage than a few bong hits here and there.

Yeah, that's the whole point. Your experience doesn't speak for an entire state combined w/ data and research.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    Not like you can OD on a blunt.

The idea that weed makes you a 'better' driver is preposterous. It does make people more cautious perhaps, due to the fear of getting busted with drugs in the car, but in terms of mental awareness and physical reaction time etc, no chance. I'm not anti-marijuana overall but I do think driving while being significantly stoned is not safe and should continue to carry a penalty.

As far as the gateway drug thing... I feel like if anything, it pushes people who might otherwise be satisfied just smoking weed, into the underground world if that's where they have to go just to get it. If we transfer all the resources being used to fight marijuana, house marijuana traffickers in jail etc and focus exclusively on heavy narcotics, we'll probably have better results. That said, there's also the argument that even heavy narcotics shouldnt be criminalized themselves, simply anyone who breaks other laws as a result of their addiction (theft, violence etc) faces the consequences, and after too many strikes we just boot them out of the country to an island somewhere. I'm also open to ideas like that.

But as far as marijuana, it should be classified like alcohol. Rec use is fine, but no driving or operating machinery etc. Anything stricter than that is a waste of time and resources IMO.

Making marijuana illegal and not going to extremes to stop its use is pointless. It's also hypocritical and stupid for alcohol to legal but not weed.

Therefore, it should be legalized.

I do wonder, though, if we shot people that drank alcohol in the head, nicotine... in the head... marijuana... in the head... if society would be better off or worse off. Essentially, if you are taking any substance for a non medical reason and as a means of escape, you will be shot in the head... I wonder how much that would clean us up, or not clean us up.

I suspect it would do a lot, actually. But we're talking about killing, what, 90% of the population at least, including probably everyone that posts on this board besides me? Ha. I just looked it up... 30% of people don't drink... I call bullshit on that.