Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Banned

Default Re: Miami Heat vs. Cleveland Cavs discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    Lebron made them stacked dum dum. Now they are a good team if Wade is healthy, because Bosh alone can't help them get over the hump with no center.

The heat still has a weakness at the Center position remember?
    No they have McRoberts also

and they have wing depth with Deng and Granger

Quote Originally Posted by Kidbasketball20
    From a different thread on the topic:

JT123 wrote: "The Heat have more talent, much better coaching, and have been playing together for years.
    Lebron is playing with a bunch of young cats who don't know how to win."

I wrote: "You're telling me it wouldn't be legacy killing if LeBron lost to the Heat (the team he just ditched) with old man Wade and Bosh in the ECF???"

JT123 wrote: How would it be legacy killing? The Heat have created a super team since Lebron left. They replaced Lebron with not one, but TWO All Stars!

I wrote: Deng is in the same category as LeBron?
    What the **** are you smoking bro.

---

Am I the only one who finds this argument absurd?

If the Heat beat the Cavs in the ECF it would be legacy killing imo. Not sure how anyone can see differently.
    JT is 100% correct. The Heat are the most stacked team of all time. Yes, the Cavs- with Love are formidable but according to ISH, Cleveland still will have to play "Lebron ball" therefore are not as great as the current Heat team.

The Finals will include the Heat for the 5th straight time.

No shame in Lebron losing to the most stacked team of all time.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    The problem is that Wade would have 4-5 mediocre games, and then 1 pretty good game and everyone would say 'see he's still a superstar' and act like everything is okay

How many superstars would we allow to have 1 good game for every 4-5 mediocre games?

Heck, LeBron had 3 mediocre games in 2011 Finals and noone could let that go. Wade has basically been playing like 2011 Finals LeBron the last 3 years and people still want to call him superstar

Theres no way you can consider someone a superstar if you dont place superstar expectations on them.
    I know you already know this but there were only a few people calling Wade and Bosh "scrubs" before LeBron left the Heat and most of them were you. The only person saying everybody calls them superstars is you and your alts. Truth is Bosh and Wade are both all star caliber players. Wade at one point was a superstar but not anymore and Bosh never was. If you weren't always talking to yourself you might not get so confused about what most people really think. Let me repeat though nobody besides YOU refer to Wade and Bosh as superstars or scrubs.

Edit: I also keep seeing you use Granger in an attempt to argue that the Heat are stacked like he hasn't been a bench player the last few years. What a ****ing joke
    Last edited by BrownEye007; 09-08-2014 at 11:29 PM.

Jeremy Lin beat you Kidbasketball20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta

But lets not act like the Heat didnt retool like crazy. Ok they lost LeBron but added Deng, Granger, McRoberts, and Napier?
    So in a trade LeBron = Deng, Granger, McRoberts, and Napier??

By those standards LeBron is like a top 20 player in the league. Not the GOAT.

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    The cognitive dissonance being displayed in these threads is for the books. Watching these guys walk the tight-rope between praising the same guys they've been absolutely destroying on here for four years (Wade and Bosh) while now re-focusing their "not that good" label on two multiple All-Stars/Team USA starters who are 22 and 25, respectively, is fascinating.

Get it out now, guys. Get it out now.
    While not including yourself among this group, I can make an equally incisive observation about LBJ fans (or stans):

They know LeBron has left his flank unguarded and they're scared.

In Miami, James was bulletproof. Even without another title, the blame would have always fallen to Wade and Bosh and the supporting cast. The downside is that he wasn't going to become GOAT without a LOT more titles.

By going back, he's given himself a pathway to best ever status. If he establishes a dynasty, the media will all but decree it.

However, notwithstanding the ridiculous counter-arguments made in this thread, if the Heat win 55 or more games next year, there is only plausible narrative:

Miami is better without him-- the guy the press wants to call better than MJ-- at least during the season.

And if journalists are remotely objective, then they have to factor that into how his individual valuableness to a team is perceived, as well as reopen the book on the big 3-era Heat, both in terms of understanding what made things go right for them and what made them go wrong.
    Last edited by jrong; 09-09-2014 at 12:24 AM.

2011 Finals.

Well, I have been busy since school started so I have to catch up.

Also, I noticed that some people have called those that claimed the Heat were the most stacked team of all time right up until Lebron left "trolls" and they should have been ignored.

Those are the same people now asserting that the Cavs are the most stacked team in the NBA. Should we not ignore those assertions now?

Quote Originally Posted by FLDFSU
    Well, I have been busy since school started so I have to catch up.

Also, I noticed that some people have called those that claimed the Heat were the most stacked team of all time right up until Lebron left "trolls" and they should have been ignored.

Those are the same people now asserting that the Cavs are the most stacked team in the NBA. Should we not ignore those assertions now?
    Calling a team the most stacked team of all time is trollish and at best hyperbole. Calling a team the most stacked in the NBA is at least a somewhat reasonable assertion. But to answer your question, pretty much anyone who plays the stacked team card is either a troll or has an egenda, so yes we should ignore their assertions.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownEye007
    I know you already know this but there were only a few people calling Wade and Bosh "scrubs" before LeBron left the Heat and most of them were you. The only person saying everybody calls them superstars is you and your alts. Truth is Bosh and Wade are both all star caliber players. Wade at one point was a superstar but not anymore and Bosh never was. If you weren't always talking to yourself you might not get so confused about what most people really think. Let me repeat though nobody besides YOU refer to Wade and Bosh as superstars or scrubs.

Edit: I also keep seeing you use Granger in an attempt to argue that the Heat are stacked like he hasn't been a bench player the last few years. What a ****ing joke

This is patently false. You are confusing ISH with another site if truly believe that.

I will repeat: It was widely asserted (right up until Lebron left...yes that includes even AFTER the 2014 Finals) that the Miami Heat in 2014 was-- relative to competition-- the most stacked team in NBA history on THIS very site. Wade AND Bosh were called superstars THIS year (2014) and players such as Beasley were deemed to be stars if it were not for "Lebron ball".

Period. End of Discussion.

The revisionist history of ISH now claiming all this is a figment of our collective imagination or those posters were "just a few trolls" is ironic because I was called a "troll" when I suggested that the Heat supporting cast (Lebron being the main player) in 2012-2014 was a great to good supporting roster...certainly championship roster. BUT to suggest it was "the most stacked team" or the "best supporting cast of all-time" was insane.

I won't say that it was even 1/2 of ISH, but it was certainly more than "just a few trolls".

Quote Originally Posted by FLDFSU
    This is patently false. You are confusing ISH with another site if truly believe that.

I will repeat: It was widely asserted (right up until Lebron left...yes that includes even AFTER the 2014 Finals) that the Miami Heat in 2014 was-- relative to competition-- the most stacked team in NBA history on THIS very site. Wade AND Bosh were called superstars THIS year (2014) and players such as Beasley were deemed to be stars if it were not for "Lebron ball".

Period. End of Discussion.

The revisionist history of ISH now claiming all this is a figment of our collective imagination or those posters were "just a few trolls" is ironic because I was called a "troll" when I suggested that the Heat supporting cast (Lebron being the main player) in 2012-2014 was a great to good supporting roster...certainly championship roster. BUT to suggest it was "the most stacked team" or the "best supporting cast of all-time" was insane.

I won't say that it was even 1/2 of ISH, but it was certainly more than "just a few trolls".

NO

On ISH during the playoffs, the favorite to win before the finals WERE THE SPURS.

People on ISH thought it'd be closer, but THE MAJORITY picked the Spurs to beat the Heat.

Wade and Bosh did not play great this finals nor in the playoffs. This was LeBron's BEST playoff in a while for the Heat... and what does he do?

LEFT.