Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    I rule the local playground PhxFanAtBirth's Avatar

Default Re: Tom Donaghy is the crooked ref

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    This sucks. It actually makes me sick to my stomach. I'm not the biggest baseball fan so the steroid scandal didnt affect me too much but this hits close to home. David Stern has coddled refs way too long and he finally got what he deserved and what fans didnt deserve.

The first game I thought of when this first came out was game 3 of the Suns vs Spurs series and I wasn't surprised that Tim reffed that game. Everything about it was suspicious but I wont jump to conclusions till more information is released. I just hope to god no big games were affected.
    I'm not sure if this is big enough for you but i'd like you to know:

GAME 3: 1ST Quarter- Amare picks up two fouls within the first five minutes.

4TH Quarter- Amare already had 4 fouls picks up the 5th with only 19 seconds passed in the final period.

Coincedence? I'd like to know who made those calls.... I'm guessing foul one was legitimate i'm also guessing that fouls 2 and 5 were complete bull ****.....

Also the game where nash was being hacked all night. then with i think 30 seconds left and the suns down by 11 tom calls a reaching in foul on i think bowen. This is where d'antoni yelled "WHY NOW???"
    Last edited by PhxFanAtBirth; 07-21-2007 at 01:10 AM.

Local High School Star

not really suprised, im sure theres other refs other than Tom that are crooked also. Just don't be suprised in the game of business. Anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by PhxFanAtBirth
    I'm not sure if this is big enough for you but i'd liek you to know:

GAME 3: 1ST Quarter- Amare picks up two fouls within the first five minutes.

4TH Quarter- Amare already had 4 fouls picks up the 5th with only 19 seconds passed in the final period.

Coincedence? I'd like to know who made those calls.... I'm guessing foul one was legitimate i'm also guessing that fouls 2 and 5 were complete bull ****.....
    I would also love to know who made those calls and others during that game but what people can't start doing is saying every bad call was part of Tims "plan".

I'd first like to know which games were rigged and I think that info will be out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    I would also love to know who made those calls and others during that game but what people can't start doing is saying every bad call was part of Tims "plan".

I'd first like to know which games were rigged and I think that info will be out soon.
    I'd be willing to bet game 3 will appear on your "rigged" list, above all others i'd say this one is blatantly obvious.....

NBA sixth man of the year

I think people on this board are going to feel stupid for making such a big deal about this when they found out how little games this guy actually "influenced" and how little the importance of those games were.

Like I've been saying all day, not that big of a deal. Certainly won't take "decades" to get past.

But what do I know? I'm pretty dense.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrono90
    not really suprised, im sure theres other refs other than Tom that are crooked also. Just don't be suprised in the game of business. Anything can happen.
    Exactly but its David Stern and other people in charge jobs to do everything they can do to prevent situations like this. In this case I think David Stern has done a HORRIBLE job.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    I think people on this board are going to feel stupid for making such a big deal about this when they found out how little games this guy actually "influenced" and how little the importance of those games were.

Like I've been saying all day, not that big of a deal. Certainly won't take "decades" to get past.

Little Importance? hmm we'll see about that.....

Little Importance? hmm we'll see about that.....
    Okay, so he hasn't officiated a Finals game during this period in question. Doesn't get any more important than that.

Also didn't call Game 5 of the Suns/Spurs.

You'll see. You guys are also assuming EVERY game he called, he "influenced". I think this is a bigger deal for the FBI than the NBA.

Who cares how important the games he "influenced" were? If the games were big then this would be a horrendous atrocity. If they were just small games it would still be just as bad and imo even worse than the "drug phase" in the 80's. Cheating is a big deal especially at a pro level and I don't like the idea that any games could have been influenced.

I wouldn't say it will take decades to get past but it's not something we should sweep under the rug. I just hope that David Stern doesn't influence results from next years season as spin control.

Retired ISH Legend

Every time a questionable call is made, guess what people will be referring to? This gives bitter fans and conspiracy theorists all the ammo they need for the rest of their lives. The effect of this breach is augmented by the fact that the NBA record for game fixing has been pretty spotless until now.

Okay, so he hasn't officiated a Finals game during this period in question. Doesn't get any more important than that.

Also didn't call Game 5 of the Suns/Spurs.

You'll see. You guys are also assuming EVERY game he called, he "influenced". I think this is a bigger deal for the FBI than the NBA.
    Game 3 suns/spurs read my other posts

Quote Originally Posted by RIMMER
    Every time a questionable call is made, guess what people will be referring to? This gives bitter fans and conspiracy theorists all the ammo they need for the rest of their lives. The effect of this breach is augmented by the fact that the NBA record for game fixing has been pretty spotless until now.
    So fans are going to act the same as they have been?

League was already corrupt to many.......

Game 3 suns/spurs read my other posts
    What are you going to do when the mob and the ref say that he didn't "rig" that game?

You guys are assuming way too much, IMO.

What are you going to do when the mob and the ref say that he didn't "rig" that game?

You guys are assuming way too much, IMO.
    Yeah, I suppose everyone will believe him and the mob. Boy, they'll feel like dumbasses.

Quote Originally Posted by reppy
    Yeah, I suppose everyone will believe him and the mob. Boy, they'll feel like dumbasses.
    Not even the lead story on SportsCenter.........

Big deal, eh?