Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Mandalorian (Apple TV)

Wait, was that ice cream maker thing that Willrow Hood was holding in ESB the same ice cream maker that was holding those steel bars when Dyn got paid in episode 3?

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller
    Wait, was that ice cream maker thing that Willrow Hood was holding in ESB the same ice cream maker that was holding those steel bars when Dyn got paid in episode 3?
    Yes, but it wasn't an ice cream maker! Another Easter egg they dropped in. I love it!

really good

I'm hooked

Wish they weren't only 30 min long at 8 episodes a season

Not a bad show. My same complaint is like so many other shows is that the bad guys have such terrible accuracy

Default The Mandalorian season 2 already confirmed

It's already been reported that there will be a season 2 for The Mandalorian, on Disney+

I've been watching season 1. Very fun show. I dig how straightforward it is, too.

turns illusions for $ ShannonElements's Avatar

Default Re: The Mandalorian season 2 already confirmed

Mandlorian Season 2 was confirmed around the same time The Universe was created; nothing to see here.

Default Re: The Mandalorian season 2 already confirmed

Jon Favreau confirmed that they were already filming season two during the first few episodes of this season. Looks like it's going to be a 2020 Fall release.

Anyways...it's actually the best media Disney has put out Star Wars related since they've owned the franchise. Better than anything in the new trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by nayte
    Not a bad show. My same complaint is like so many other shows is that the bad guys have such terrible accuracy
    I just watched the season finale and they actually make fun of this in the episode. Spoilers below...

Two scout troopers already get The Child temporarily and there's a funny two or three minute scene while they're waiting for commands where they're talking. One of them tries to target practice object and misses horribly like two or three times. The other one takes out his blaster and tries to shoot it too and misses horribly then looks at his blaster like something is wrong with it.

Totally hilarious.

Awesome season finale. You get to see The Mandalorian's face, his name, why he hates droids so much (which was obvious). You get to see him receive his insignia from the Armorer and the reason he was a foundling is because the Mandalorians saved him as a child from the invasion when his parents got killed.

The Child saves everyone from the Fire Trooper with the Force and FINALLY something understands why he can do this. The Armorer references that warriors known as Jedi used this power. Moff Gideon has a Darksaber which has been passed through many hands, but originally the darksaber was giving to the first Mandalorian that was put into the Jedi Order ever from back story I read. So the assumption is that he stole it or took it during the purge of Mandalore which is why he has it.

They meet the Armorer and she tells Mando to raise the child as his own, train him and to help him seek out his own kind and return him there. That should be interesting.

Also they left one sliver of mystery. The Mandalorian in Episode 5 which many people assume is Boba Fett wasn't reference at all since that episode. So they're saving some mystery for season 2.

Good season finale. Only thing I didn't like is the showed his face.

not a bad show. its fine. has some cringey dialog at times.

Was that a black lightsaber Gideon used to cut his way out of that ship?

Shit just got real. I said at the start of this show you can't have "star wars" without a lightsaber in the show.

kinda stupid the Jedi are being mythologized like they weren't a police force like 30 years ago in the star wars universe

shit that rebel should've at least known considering you know, Luke

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller
    Was that a black lightsaber Gideon used to cut his way out of that ship?
    it's the dark saber. the first mandalorian who joined the jedi made it thousands of years before the events of the series. eventually some mandalorians (vizsla clan) stole it from the jedi temple and it's been a mando heirloom ever since.

could point to gideon being a mandalorian.

kinda stupid the Jedi are being mythologized like they weren't a police force like 30 years ago in the star wars universe
    most of the show takes place in outer rim worlds that weren't part of the republic. so the majority of inhabitants probably had no idea jedi existed, never encountered any, especially if they never left their home world. plus it's been like 30ish years since the jedi were wiped out so the younger characters especially wouldn't know much about them, if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude
    it's the dark saber. the first mandalorian who joined the jedi made it thousands of years before the events of the series. eventually some mandalorians (vizsla clan) stole it from the jedi temple and it's been a mando heirloom ever since.

could point to gideon being a mandalorian.

most of the show takes place in outer rim worlds that weren't part of the republic. so the majority of inhabitants probably had no idea jedi existed, never encountered any, especially if they never left their home world. plus it's been like 30ish years since the jedi were wiped out so the younger characters especially wouldn't know much about them, if anything.
    that dark sabre looked terrible. i thought my streaming was corrupted. i guess theres a whole ridiculous backstory i care nothing about woopie