Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: How does someone as unathletic as Paul Pierce attack the basket?

Same reason you see Brad Miller drive by guys... The Slow mo effect.

Serious playground baller xtn5021's Avatar

He just look unathletic. But my god he's athletic alright. And he's very strong.

College superstar

In interviews Pierce sounds like he smokes 4 packs a day.

Paul Pierce is only unathletic to people who haven't played basketball before. If you are 6'6 and can move like he can (even at age 33), then you aren't unathletic at all.

Quote Originally Posted by AmazingManning
    Seriously. He's a slow, pathetic, fat ass and he manages to attack the basket. I mean, are defenders laughing at him and taking him as a joke for thinking he can attack the basket and he ends up doing it? Seriously, It's unbelieveable.
    Anyone with a jumper can attack the basket no matter how un-athletic they are.

Craftiness also gets you to the rim. I've tricked many people into thinking I have no driving/dribbling game then scored easily... and that's when I was super out of shape. All you need to do is get them off balance and after that you can seal them off...

-Smak

The threat of his midrange jumper allows him to get to most of the spots he wants to.

1:Pump Fake
    2: Man jumps in the air
    3: Pierce goes to the rim

Derka
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I defy you to defend him and answer your own question.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    Because, despite what some idiots think, PP is extremely athletic.
    Err, no he isn't. At least not anymore. He used to be though. Was watching the '04 All Star game on NBA TV today and almost didn't recognize Pierce. He looked quick and explosive off-the-dribble pretty much every time he made a move.

Go Spurs Go

Pierce reminds me of one of those guys you see at the park who smokes weed before, during, and after games.. never works on his game, never hits the weightroom, never does anything to be great but just has "it".. its a mental thing really..

crazy cuz if Pierce ever had the body/athleticism of Kobe, Tmac, etc who knows how great he coulda been.

NBA lottery pick

your wrong but i know what you mean man this N!G is fat and slow...and he shoots his 3 so damn slow...slow defender too man idk...but he gets it done...simple as.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg
    In interviews Pierce sounds like he smokes 4 packs a day.
    This wouldn't be funny if it were false.

I wanted to add that Pierce is really crafty off-the-ball as well. He often puts himself in great position on the catch, making it even easier to play the defender.

Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Err, no he isn't. At least not anymore. He used to be though. Was watching the '04 All Star game on NBA TV today and almost didn't recognize Pierce. He looked quick and explosive off-the-dribble pretty much every time he made a move.
    Yeah he was skinny though. He's a complete fat trash now.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    Anyone with a jumper can attack the basket no matter how un-athletic they are.

Craftiness also gets you to the rim. I've tricked many people into thinking I have no driving/dribbling game then scored easily... and that's when I was super out of shape. All you need to do is get them off balance and after that you can seal them off...

-Smak
    Did you just compare how you play to the nba? lol.