Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Kids at the park dunk on me

Default How does someone as unathletic as Paul Pierce attack the basket?

Seriously. He's a slow, pathetic, fat ass and he manages to attack the basket. I mean, are defenders laughing at him and taking him as a joke for thinking he can attack the basket and he ends up doing it? Seriously, It's unbelieveable.

Blu Ray

Default Re: How does someone as unathletic as Paul Pierce attack the basket?

this thread sucks

Decent college freshman RapsFan's Avatar

Obvious to anyone who knows much about basketball......footwork and ball handling.

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Because he's one of the best in the league at changing direction quickly and in unexpected directions, which usually leads to fouls or someone being out of position? Or possibly because he has an incredible mid-range game, forcing defenders to play him close? Or maybe it's because he's got a high enough basketball IQ that he can always find a way to get by his man, regardless of the difference in athleticism and size? Slashing isn't just about athleticism, if it were, Gerald Green would be an all star.

Banned

I'd hate to hear your description of Steve Nash.

National High School Star AKADS's Avatar

not that I think this thread is anything useful but strength and explosion are not all that matter in the NBA.

My example Steve Nash. Really not that fast, I would be shocked if he ever dunked, be has footwork, smarts, and understand the game as well as anyone in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone112
    I'd hate to hear your description of Steve Nash.

South Africa 2010

His good footwork, great midrange shooting, finishing skills, etc. Not much to say here.

Banned

lol Perfect timing AKADS

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone112
    lol Perfect timing AKADS
    Do you also think that teams drafting for potential is overrated.

Look at how many bust there have been like Stro Swift, Tyrus Thomas, ect.

The only time i remember a team getting a great break on athletic ability is Dwight Howard over Omeka

Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
    Because he's one of the best in the league at changing direction quickly and in unexpected directions, which usually leads to fouls or someone being out of position? Or possibly because he has an incredible mid-range game, forcing defenders to play him close? Or maybe it's because he's got a high enough basketball IQ that he can always find a way to get by his man, regardless of the difference in athleticism and size? Slashing isn't just about athleticism, if it were, Gerald Green would be an all star.
    so you're telling me a guy like Brian Scalabrine could drive to the basket if he were a threat?

Decent college freshman RapsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmazingManning
    so you're telling me a guy like Brian Scalabrine could drive to the basket if he were a threat?
    Did you even read the post you replied to? If Scalabranie had the footwork, ball handling, mid range game, finishing ability of Paul Pierce then yes....he could drive to the basket too.

Knowledge Is Power shortlunatic's Avatar

have you watched Brad Miller play?

Because, despite what some idiots think, PP is extremely athletic. He's also one of the strongest 3's in the league and has a plethora (great word) of moves to the basket.

also just because he can