Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Phoenix mom leaves 2-year-old & 8-month-old in car.Gets custody/$114,000 in donations

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    I don't give a shit whether these two are black white green blue .. I'm just pointing out an inaccuracy in that caption .. and yeah that shit has happened sober before and will probably happen again .. I don't know if the weed caused it or what .. people are just ****in' dumb or have too much shit on their minds
    I have two kids, THE VERY FIRST THING YOU DO IS STRAP YOUR KID'S BABY SEAT TO THE CAR, that isn't something you forget, unless you're drunk or stoned...

All I'm saying is that the law came down hard on the black chick and the white chick, who actually did something worse, gets a slap on the wrist. Race may or may not have come into play but blacks always seem to get the shitty end of the stick, and I'm not even black.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: Phoenix mom leaves 2-year-old & 8-month-old in car.Gets custody/$114,000 in donations

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    This was a pretty big story.

This gives a sense as to why it was.

Except she wasn't homeless (at least at the time), she got probation back, and earned $114,000 for endangering her child's life? Either way, I don't see how either are allowed to have full custody of their children.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Except she wasn't homeless (at least at the time), she got probation back, and earned $114,000 for endangering her child's life? Either way, I don't see how either are allowed to have full custody of their children.
    That's true, but most people didn't know that, which explains why she got that much in donations.

But it is true that she was in a job interview at the time, and IF the person who was supposed to watch her kids was nowhere to be found at the last moment, it is kind of hard to have your kids taken away from you and people will feel sympathy for her.

As far as her story, when a person is in such a desperate state, confronted by cops about to take their kids away, they will say things to them, like they're homeless, etc.

I guess the point is that some people leave their kids in a hot car, and they die, and it's ruled an accident, with the parent not getting jail time, while this woman went to a job interview and gets in deep shit.

Compare her situation. She's been a good mom, with no problems as far as I know, getting her kids taken away because the person who was going to watch her kids was nowhere to be found. That one issue vs the thousands of kids who need to have visits from government social worker because of past abuse, and there's nothing those social workers can do to take them away from such parents, until those parents kill the kid.