Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Illegal aliens as old as 35 enrolling in school but Obama says they cannot verify age

Really gotta stop pretending peoples opinions are based on what ___ would think if they said otherwise. Really...do you honestly believe I give two shits what you think...about what I think?

I judge people case by case.

I knew a girl with 5 kids....a 940 dollar section 8 voucher...like 700 bucks in food stamps....

Last I heard she was pregnant.

A person like that...is likely a greater drain on society than most illegals.

Because she was born here...am I to pretend otherwise?

Some people drain....some benefit. Poor people tend to drain...illegals tend to be poor...

Its an issue of poor people not where the poor come from to me. You can make a case for their being less poor if we didnt have so many coming from outside draining the resources....

But a lot of shit people like you talk about is just venting your anger with no realistic solution.

Talking about putting your foot down...

Your foot is down.

What has it accomplished?

The world that is...is the world you have. You being mad about it wont get the tens of millions out. You are just the other side of "libs" crying over how humanty has to change or die.

Your complaints...no matter how valid you may feel them....are irrelevant.

Things arent going to change. We will all see together how it goes.

I suspect America...will not be mexico. Just as I suspect a higher coastline over the course of decades wont destroy society.

The overly dramatic claims just hurt your cause like global warming alarmists.

Over half of all americans under 18 will be non white by 2018.

With the baby boomers dying over the next 20 years....and the hispanic birth rates compared to whites?

All your side hating so heavily on immigrants is gonna do is force you out of power to an even greater degree.

Digging your policies a deeper grave with every passing day.

Local High School Star SunsN07BookIt's Avatar

Default Re: Illegal aliens as old as 35 enrolling in school but Obama says they cannot verify age

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    How can he enroll in a school without a birth certificate or form 137???
    The Obama administration has instructed every school district not to deny enrollment based on age verification/birth certificate, permanent school records transfer, immigration status, proof of vaccination, and proof of residency. Many school districts, especially the better ones, deny children, American and otherwise, enrollment based on proof of residency, but Obama has threatened to withdraw federal funding if they get enough complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    All your side hating so heavily on immigrants is gonna do is force you out of power to an even greater degree.
    No one is hating on immigrants, illegal or otherwise. It's is illegal to be here, sin legal residency documentation. Don't like the law? Change it. Until then we expect the government to enforce the law.

NBA Legend

Really gotta stop pretending peoples opinions are based on what ___ would think if they said otherwise. Really...do you honestly believe I give two shits what you think...about what I think?

I judge people case by case.

I knew a girl with 5 kids....a 940 dollar section 8 voucher...like 700 bucks in food stamps....

Last I heard she was pregnant.

A person like that...is likely a greater drain on society than most illegals.

Because she was born here...am I to pretend otherwise?

Some people drain....some benefit. Poor people tend to drain...illegals tend to be poor...

Its an issue of poor people not where the poor come from to me. You can make a case for their being less poor if we didnt have so many coming from outside draining the resources....

But a lot of shit people like you talk about is just venting your anger with no realistic solution.

Talking about putting your foot down...

Your foot is down.

What has it accomplished?

The world that is...is the world you have. You being mad about it wont get the tens of millions out. You are just the other side of "libs" crying over how humanty has to change or die.

Your complaints...no matter how valid you may feel them....are irrelevant.

Things arent going to change. We will all see together how it goes.

I suspect America...will not be mexico. Just as I suspect a higher coastline over the course of decades wont destroy society.

The overly dramatic claims just hurt your cause like global warming alarmists.

Over half of all americans under 18 will be non white by 2018.

With the baby boomers dying over the next 20 years....and the hispanic birth rates compared to whites?

Digging your policies a deeper grave with every passing day.

Wtf are you talking about dude??? A pregnant mama milking the system has what to do with illegal immigration? Your argument is basically "two wrongs make a right." Youre literally arguing that bc some americans abuse the system, we should invite non-americans to do it as well.

What do you mean I'm offering no solutions? Put up a fence and stop providing illegals with driver licenses, social assitance, use of the education system. Make those who wish to come over and work blue collar jobs go through the same process as those who come for white collar jobs. Take away the incentive for people to just sneak in.

You just dont want to HEAR the solutions bc you evidently care more about being Dr. Feelgood than about practical things like economic stability, gang activity, and American culture. You think youre being benevolent but youre actually being very selfish. YOU dont put up resources for illegals in proportion to how strongly you advocate for it. You want to sit and call the shots and make other Americans build the guest houses, at the expense of the American economy no less. Oooh, how special you are. The cool parent who lets the kids have candy for dinner and stay up as late as they want! No "i hate you's!" for you, no sir. Live in the now if it feels good, if it makes others feel good, just go with it! The gravy train will just keep rollin forever! Consequences shmonsequences! This is about NOT HURTING FEELINGS YO. (Simpsons comicbook guy voice) Most important. thing. ever.

Youre advocating a reckless approach bc either you just dont care about the country you live in very much, or youre too concerned with how your positions make you look, or both. Whats popular is always right, huh? Those shrewd, disciplined, analytical masses.

No one is hating on immigrants, illegal or otherwise. It's is illegal to be here, sin legal residency documentation. Don't like the law? Change it. Until then we expect the government to enforce the law.
    Laws are enforced where practical. There are unenforced or loosely enforced laws all over America from the federal level on down. There are too many illegals....millions too many...to fully enforce the laws.

At that point...you make the best of a less than ideal situation.

And we will argue over what making the best is....but anyone being honest about the situation should be able to admit...enforcing the letter of the law is a lost cause at this point.

You would spend more attempting to get rid of them than their presence costs.

Imagine for a moment the funding it would take to find and remove 10-20 million people and keep them out when huge sections of your own country would be against you?

Hell forget the country...

Give me a practical plan to rid California of illegals.

There are more Hispanic people in California than there are PEOPLE in all but 3 other states. How many of them can you see being against the government rounding up 1-2 million of their friends and family to be deported? Not all of them would....but enough that you would risk protests the likes of which the country has not seen since the civil rights movement. The department you tasked with policing it would have to be monstrous and have tremendous power...you would have the world watching children separated from loved ones crying with automatic weapons drawn.

It would be the greatest international PR disaster in American history to even attempt.

You could literally....NEVER enforce the law.

The idea is ludicrous to begin with in a country our size with the economic advantages we have while this close to poor countries.

All of which disregards that tens of millions of perfectly legal Americans would be against you.

Its a lost cause.

Once you accept that fact...that expecting the government to actually enforce the law....is a dream....

You have to decide how much of the law is practical to enforce.

Which is where we are now.

Honestly expecting the government to enforce a law that would require the physical removal of millions while tens of millions resisted is just ignoring the reality of the situation.

So Obama is helping criminals committ their crimes.

If I did that, I would go to jail.

What gives?

Honestly expecting the government to enforce a law that would require the physical removal of millions while tens of millions resisted is just ignoring the reality of the situation.
    keep in mind that the manchild you are currently arguing with is not exactly in touch with reality

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Wtf are you talking about dude??? A pregnant mama milking the system has what to do with illegal immigration? Your argument is basically "two wrongs make a right." Youre literally arguing that bc some americans abuse the system, we should invite non-americans to do it as well.

What do you mean I'm offering no solutions? Put up a fence and stop providing illegals with driver licenses, social assitance, use of the education system. Make those who wish to come over and work blue collar jobs go through the same process as those who come for white collar jobs. Take away the incentive for people to just sneak in.

You just dont want to HEAR the solutions bc you evidently care more about being Dr. Feelgood than about practical things like economic stability, gang activity, and American culture. You think youre being benevolent but youre actually being very selfish. YOU dont put up resources for illegals in proportion to how strongly you advocate for it. You want to sit and call the shots and make other Americans build the guest houses, at the expense of the American economy no less. Oooh, how special you are. The cool parent who lets the kids have candy for dinner and stay up as late as they want! No "i hate you's!" for you, no sir. Live in the now if it feels good, if it makes others feel good, just go with it! The gravy train will just keep rollin forever! Consequences shmonsequences! This is about NOT HURTING FEELINGS YO. (Simpsons comicbook guy voice) Most important. thing. ever.

Youre advocating a reckless approach bc either you just dont care about the country you live in very much, or youre too concerned with how your positions make you look, or both. Whats popular is always right, huh? Those shrewd, disciplined, analytical masses.
    All of that comes down to the bolded so ill respond to that....

Whats popular isnt always right.

In a democracy with demographics to consider.....

Whats popular is realistic in the longterm.

What you want...is NOT going to happen.

If you have a speck of common sense you know it.

So why arent you advocating for a realistic solution?

You know...one that wont be out on its ass when the president is a second generation Mexican American in 2052 and the old white people who vote now are dead and replaced by the cynical generation we have working our way into old age.

This country is changing. What you think about that matters....you get a say just like I do. Thats great.

But you wont hear prominent politicians saying it as time goes on...because they would be hanging themselves.

Its that simple. Be as outraged as you like....but the country isnt going to do it your way.

Knowing that...perhaps you amend it to something feasible...like a person actually hoping to get things done would.

Laws are enforced where practical. There are unenforced or loosely enforced laws all over America from the federal level on down. There are too many illegals....millions too many...to fully enforce the laws.

At that point...you make the best of a less than ideal situation.

And we will argue over what making the best is....but anyone being honest about the situation should be able to admit...enforcing the letter of the law is a lost cause at this point.

You would spend more attempting to get rid of them than their presence costs.

Imagine for a moment the funding it would take to find and remove 10-20 million people and keep them out when huge sections of your own country would be against you?

Hell forget the country...

Give me a practical plan to rid California of illegals.

There are more Hispanic people in California than there are PEOPLE in all but 3 other states. How many of them can you see being against the government rounding up 1-2 million of their friends and family to be deported? Not all of them would....but enough that you would risk protests the likes of which the country has not seen since the civil rights movement. The department you tasked with policing it would have to be monstrous and have tremendous power...you would have the world watching children separated from loved ones crying with automatic weapons drawn.

It would be the greatest international PR disaster in American history to even attempt.

You could literally....NEVER enforce the law.

The idea is ludicrous to begin with in a country our size with the economic advantages we have while this close to poor countries.

All of which disregards that tens of millions of perfectly legal Americans would be against you.

Its a lost cause.

Once you accept that fact...that expecting the government to actually enforce the law....is a dream....

You have to decide how much of the law is practical to enforce.

Which is where we are now.

Nowhere in your post do you address the fact that while it may be impractical to deport every illegal immigrant, we should expect our government at the very least not to encourage people to break the law. Encouraging people to break the law with incentives ranging from free education to providing free airfare for illegals to meet up with the rest of their illegal family further up in the US is what's not practical.

Quote Originally Posted by SunsN07BookIt
    Nowhere in your post do you address the fact that while it may be impractical to deport every illegal immigrant, we should expect our government at the very least not to encourage people to break the law. Encouraging people to break the law with incentives ranging from free education to providing free airfare for illegals to meet up with the rest of their illegal family further up in the US is what's not practical.

why you racist ?

Not enforcing the law is itself encouraging it to be broken. As usual its just a matter of degree.

Once you accept the obvious...that enfocment is impossible...a much more reasonable discussion is there to be had.

You have to balance quickly changing demographics, public/international perception, and feasibility.

Much of what is ignored in these arguments....which is why so few realistic notions are put forth.

College star

The fact people want to come to this country should be something to be proud off and a national pride. This is a major trump card in global politics, while other nations such as China and some European countries are expierencing negative growth. We just got to cut the BS and assimilate them as fast as possible.
    Last edited by Norcaliblunt; 08-30-2014 at 09:03 PM.

there are some motives that we're not being told about .. this is all just pussyfooting .. if the U.S. government wanted to .. they could start shipping these influxes of people out of here .. just put your fkn foot down and start sending people back who try to come in .. just .. send them the fk back .. deny them entry .. enforce the law ..

.. don't like it ? feel hurt ? who cares .. it's the fkn law .. instead they're nurturing the whole thing .. encouraging it .. we're not being told the whole story

Quote Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt
    The fact people want to come to this country should be something to be proud off and a national pride. This a major trump in global politics, while other nations such as China and some European countries are expierencing negative growth. We just got to cut the BS and assimilate them as fast as possible.

NBA Legend

kblaze - you're using a false dichotomy. trying to create the illusion that the only two possibilities are to attempt to round up all current illegals, or just ignore the situation entirely. action against current illegals has hardly even been suggested here. the discussion is about preventing future immigration. as i already stated, and you ignored, you do that by taking away incentive. not providing them with virtually all the same rights and benefits as american citizens. and i sense you, as most people on the left of this argument, are seeing this as an ethnic minority issue. you mentioned demographics and second generation mexican presidents. what does that have to do with anything? the issue is labor balance, safety, documentation. i sense you turning this into a "poor little brown mexicans, let them have a share of the white pie, if you don't you're just a big meanie racist jerk..." BS race card strawman. Such a wimpy attitude. This is about two separate COUNTRIES, one with its own citizens and the other with its. I mean this is so simple its ridiculous. The issue is should we let masses of unidentified strangers flood into the country with no accountability? Hmm. I mean the answer is so common sensical you have to literally go OUT OF YOUR WAY to be a pu[COLOR="Black"]ss[/COLOR]y about this. You have to go out of your way to be a pus here. People need to grow a pair. Stop framing this as a racist issue, thats cowardly and pathetic and signals bleeding heart/inactive brain syndrome. ILLEGAL immigration is not the answer. Why do you think they had Ellis Island set up during the waves of immigration from Europe? You think the Irish could just show up on their own boats, skip the line, and be handed driver licenses, education vouchers, housing assistance, and a government liason on every corner to translate english instruction into their gaelic dialect so they didnt have to learn english?

Whats the deal here? Do you feel GUILTY as a minority to say "sorry, we can't have an unchecked assload of mexicans showin up"?? Is that what it is? Or do you think just because someone takes a job that it means they aren't taking advantage of anything?

Everything you are arguing is a false set up. The argument isn't about immigration, but rather illegal immigration; the argument isn't about people not being white, the argument isn't about making a sweet mexican grandmother without a SS card into a villain, and the argument isn't about immigrants' willingness to work. No matter how hard you try to keep reverting it to those strawmen, THATS NOT THE ARGUMENT. The argument is should we allow millions of people with no documentation to verify who the fukc they are, and with generally very limited economic skillsets and ability to speak english, to flood into america and require the government to put up for more police officers, more teachers, more spanish interpreters, even as our economy is shifting away from the careers that provide opportunities for all these people to find jobs to support themselves with? There is but ONE sensible answer, and one only. If you refuse to see it, you are purposely distorting the reality of the world around you. Ask yourself... WHY are you doing that?

With that said, I'm not gonna comment anymore on this topic right now bc it ends up being too time consuming. I have made the point clearly and objectively anyhow, and the people who don't want to see it will continue not to, so there's not much more I can do.
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 08-30-2014 at 09:22 PM.