Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Shooter w/No D, or a Defender who can't shoot in your starting lineup?

Teams like Charlotte and Memphis had this last year with MKG and Grindfather. Does it handicap them?

Default Re: Shooter w/No D, or a Defender who can't shoot in your starting lineup?

if you can hide your shooter with no D on defense, you choose the shooter with no D. otherwise, you choose the defender who can't shoot.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Default Re: Shooter w/No D, or a Defender who can't shoot in your starting lineup?

Easy, Rubio and Brewer. Yes, it ruins their chances of becoming great. If a player is open and can't shoot it means more attention is on everybody else which is a lose-lose.

Does prime Mutombo and Chandler qualify as defenders with no jumpshot? Or are we talking just perimeter players here?

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    Does prime Mutombo and Chandler qualify as defenders with no jumpshot? Or are we talking just perimeter players here?
    Perimeter players, I don't expect Centers to shoot the ball if they're going to give up defense.

Lets see, Mike Miller or Tony Allen?

Miller put up 7 threes in an Finals game. I'd take the shooter.

Depends on position.

Quote Originally Posted by 04mzwach
    Easy, Rubio and Brewer. Yes, it ruins their chances of becoming great. If a player is open and can't shoot it means more attention is on everybody else which is a lose-lose.
    Rubio nearly averaged a double double last season. If he can get just a little better at shooting to where he's averaging 16, I think he's fine.

Decent playground baller

I gotta see the rest of my team

I choose Wiggins over Love.

Prob less disruptive to hide a shooter on D than it is to have a player ****ing up your spacing in most scenarios.

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

I choose elite D over elite shooting any day of the week.
    The hard part is when that elite shooter also have capable shot creating ability.

inb4 Thabo sefolosha and perkins.

Durant stans

in today's nba , shooter. if you cant shoot it just kills you in playoffs because it will be way to easy to shut your offense down. 1 bad defender on the wing can be covered up pretty easy by good interior D and zone schemes.

teams that win champions are made of shooters( see last 3 champions, mavs, heat , spurs).

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

In today's league it would most likely be best to have the shooter since spacing and shooting is absolutely key. You can hide him on D.