Default Chris Copeland keeps getting overlooked.

Default Re: Chris Copeland keeps getting overlooked.

Is there any timetable yet? Last I heard PG was said to be likely out for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Is there any timetable yet? Last I heard PG was said to be likely out for the year.
    Pacers will make sure he takes the year off. The questions are:

1 -Why not give more playing time/starting role to Copeland?

2 -Do they have a draft pick for next off season?

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    Pacers will make sure he takes the year off. The questions are:

1 -Why not give more playing time/starting role to Copeland?

2 -Do they have a draft pick for next off season?
    I can't comment on last year, but I'm in-market for the Knicks so I watched Copeland a bit the year he was here. Given he didn't play much but I remember him being a streaky shooter and not a very good defender. If they're going to play him for substantial minutes, they need to shuffle the roster a bit IMO.

Indy needs to decide who is worth dealing pretty soon. If PG isn't playing this year, I think they need to try and get something for West. Maybe Scola as well if he's still under contract, and whoever else.

Semi-rebuild with PG/Hibbert/Hill. As a matter of fact, they should spend the entire year running the offense through Hibbert, so they can get an idea of what they'll get out of him. They're not going to contend anyway, but they can make the season a success if he can become a legitimate scoring threat (though it's entirely possible he flops after working with Kareem this summer).

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    I can't comment on last year, but I'm in-market for the Knicks so I watched Copeland a bit the year he was here. Given he didn't play much but I remember him being a streaky shooter and not a very good defender. If they're going to play him for substantial minutes, they need to shuffle the roster a bit IMO.

Indy needs to decide who is worth dealing pretty soon. If PG isn't playing this year, I think they need to try and get something for West. Maybe Scola as well if he's still under contract, and whoever else.

Semi-rebuild with PG/Hibbert/Hill. As a matter of fact, they should spend the entire year running the offense through Hibbert, so they can get an idea of what they'll get out of him. They're not going to contend anyway, but they can make the season a success if he can become a legitimate scoring threat (though it's entirely possible he flops after working with Kareem this summer).
    This. Cope can't defend consistently plus he can't really create for himself. There's a reason why he was a 28 y/o rookie and hasn't seen much playing time.

I am your soldier!

Very dumb. Jordan Crawford and Delonte West would be much better for the Pacers than Marshon Brooks. Marshon is horrible defensively, people literally run plays at him. His offense, while good, isn't good enough to warrant that.

Play George Hill with Delonte/Crawford, and then find a 'meh' 3 for cheap. Supercoolbeas is floating around. Make an offer for Jeff Green.

Copeland can't defend or create. He also is more of a 4 in my mind due to defensive liability, and that would negate West/Hibbert down low.

They have a major hole with a playmaker. Stuckey was signed to replace Born Ready. Now they need to find another playmaker to replace PG.

Copeland isn't that.

NBA sixth man of the year

Copeland is no playmaker but his ability to create his own offense is severely underrated IMO. He's not just a spot up shooter...Sure, he looks unnatural when he drives to the basket but I think he is an effective scorer in general, not just catch and shoot.....