Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Love fouled on final shot, no call

Quote Originally Posted by 04mzwach
    I'm pissed. The refs, I just hate them. They were looking right at the play. They're complete idiots. They had done this type of thing during the game more than just the last shot too, but it was the worst obviously. Corruption? I don't know. It bugs me though.
    I remember when this shit happened to Durant on a game tying shot in game 2 of the finals... the ref was literally inches away... I was beyond pissed.

[QUOTE=dirkdiggler41]Looks like a foul to me. Found this one NBA.com, but I still would consider it a fould,

Marginal/Incidental Contact:
    While some contact may occur during a game, it does not mean a foul has been committed. Contact which is incidental to an effort by a player to play an opponent or to perform normal defensive or offensive movements should not be considered illegal. Players are allowed normal body contact with opponents when reaching for a loose ball if they both have the same opportunity to get the ball. This type of play shall be ruled incidental if neither illegally gains an advantage. [B]The hand is considered

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

pretty clearly a foul. the whole well it's in the last minute of a game BS is nonsense. A foul impedes a player's ability to hit a shot whether it's the first minute or the 47th and it should be officiated as such. the defensive player should not gain an additional bonus hack in the last few seconds, because it achieves the exact same thing which people protest it should not do: allow a call/non call to effect the outcome of the game.

The league will apologize and say it should have been a foul tomorrow, because you know, that totally makes it okay.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    The league will apologize and say it should have been a foul tomorrow, because you know, that totally makes it okay.
    They literally only do that when it's against the Lakers, Heat, Clippers or some team like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    That's a bummer. An official sitting to the direct left and right of the play. Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCdgssaOlfA
    looked like a foul to me too, but the phantom cam at 0:42 puts some doubt into my mind. it's the clearest angle, and it seemed like marion got A LOT of ball

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    That's a bummer. An official sitting to the direct left and right of the play. Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCdgssaOlfA
    homer commentating

I am your soldier!

His stats are empty because he didn't win the game at the line.

NBA rookie of the year

This game is where the empty stats label comes from.

look at loves line tonight

36 points on 14 of 24 shooting 11 rebounds 4 assists

and they still lose. To a team that although I love, is not a contender.

Edit: it was an obvious foul, but the game shouldnt have been that close, if as some people say love is an elite player or even as good as his stats suggest.
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 12-31-2013 at 03:07 AM.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

That play was NOT a foul:

Incidental Contact: The mere fact that contact occurs does not mean a foul has been committed. Players are allowed to contact other players when reaching for a loose ball, or when performing normal offensive and defensive movements. [B]The hand is considered

Guy got hacked. Terrible no call.

[QUOTE=westside_baller]That play was NOT a foul:

Incidental Contact: The mere fact that contact occurs does not mean a foul has been committed. Players are allowed to contact other players when reaching for a loose ball, or when performing normal offensive and defensive movements. [B]The hand is considered

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

[QUOTE=westside_baller]That play was NOT a foul:

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Guy got hacked. Terrible no call.

Bullsh--!!!!

Incidental Contact: The mere fact that contact occurs does not mean a foul has been committed. Players are allowed to contact other players when reaching for a loose ball, or when performing normal offensive and defensive movements.[B] The hand is considered

Quote Originally Posted by no pun intended
    Yes, we know.

But the angle in which we see the play makes it debatable whether or not Marion hit more than just the hand.
    1. There were TWO officials with clear line of sight to the play, and neither called a foul. Their lines of sight were far better than the video replay.

2. The video replay itself shows that marion's hand made contact with Love's hand while love's hand was still on the ball.

Too bad the ignoramuses on the forum love to start drama and b.s. over nothing.