Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 07-02-2013, 01:28 PM   #46
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation
Default Re: Bargnani close to being acquired by the Knicks

If you say so...

My point being if you are aquiring a piece just to amnesty him... shit you were better off just amnesty'ing Barges. I think the longer the contract the longer the amnesty impact (not sure) and at least Barges only had 2 more.

The pieces that come back: Camby Novak Qrich and the draft are import to look at because managment percieved it was a better deal than just using the amnesty on Barges. Whether that is to play or as a future contract to trade into something else.

In the mean time they are getting paid about the same as Barges was so your Cap space remains the same.

Can they contribute ? Hope so...

I think Camby can in "less tangible ways" that just points rbs blocks.

Novak - not so much. D liability

Qrich - not so much as I suppose Gay Derozan and importantly Ross should be ahead of him in rotation
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #47
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Why would you amnesty someone if you can get a first rounder? It's crap for crap, but we got a 1st rounder, and 2nd rounders. You can get a quality player in the middle of the draft, happens each year. At least we have the option to get a solid player. I think people are way overanalyzing this. Crap for crap but we get draft picks. No brainer.

More manageble smaller contracts, even if they add up to nearly the same.

Last edited by RapsFan : 07-02-2013 at 01:57 PM.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:00 PM   #48
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

I still don't know what direction we're taking after this trade.

We're still not bad enough to tank and obviously not good enough to do anything in the playoffs. Getting rid of Bargnani was a necessary move, but from a basketball standpoint, it doesn't make us better nor worse for next season.

The rumors we're reading gives me hope that we're indeed tanking, but hard to say until anything materializes. It seems that the Clippers are looking to keep Bledsoe now rather than trade him, but I think they may end up trading him if they can't find a suitable wing player.

Another rumor floating around is Detroit may be interested in Rudy Gay if they lose out of Josh Smith. I think they've got a couple of expirers in Stuckey and Charlie V.

Either way, it sure looks to be an active offseason for the Raptors...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #49
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
I still don't know what direction we're taking after this trade.

We're still not bad enough to tank and obviously not good enough to do anything in the playoffs. Getting rid of Bargnani was a necessary move, but from a basketball standpoint, it doesn't make us better nor worse for next season.

I think this is a great observation great post.

I am not convinced these moves are "strip down and tank now". So looking at Camby Novak Qrich is about ... "what is going on here?"

Lets see if the other rumors have legs but MU built a flex team out of competative parts and discovering they had more talent than they thought.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: