Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Banned

Default Re: Realistic predictions for Kobe in the 2014-2015 season?

nothing to special he may not even play full 82 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Combat Wombat
    We're talking Kobe for 2014-2015, not Oladipo's prime.
    Dipo put that up in his rookie year bud and with elite defense.

Banned

We're talking Kobe for 2014-2015, not Oladipo's prime.
    you realise oladipo averaged pretty much that in his rookie season but on higher shooting %....

come to think of it he had better averages in every category than kobe's rookie year didn't he? He won't be anywhere near as good as kobe but your post seems rather silly.

Local High School Star Combat Wombat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    you realise oladipo averaged pretty much that in his rookie season but on higher shooting %....
    I know he did but, like your butt buddy, I'm just trolling here.

I know he did but, like your butt buddy, I'm just trolling here.
    I wasn't trolling. That's what I think Kobe numbers will be. That is about what he averaged this year. He's a year older now AND off another pretty serious injury. If you think he's going to be doing what most here anticipate you are in for a rough surprise.

Banned

I predict ratings are going to go back up again and the league will be very exciting. As you can see, ISH has kind of been boring without Bryant. You can tell by the haters not being able to make threads about him.

Everyone who is trashing Kobe now will be participating in a lot of threads about him in the upcoming season. I expect 10 plus pages and 200 plus responses to Kobe threads.

He is must-see TV.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    I predict ratings are going to go back up again and the league will be very exciting. As you can see, ISH has kind of been boring without Bryant. You can tell by the haters not being able to make threads about him.

Everyone who is trashing Kobe now will be participating in a lot of threads about him in the upcoming season. I expect 10 plus pages and 200 plus responses to Kobe threads.

He is must-see TV.
    you miss the fact that 90% of the people you call "haters" are simply posting in kobe threads created by his stans that make ludicrous claims like the shit you just said in your last post.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    I wasn't trolling. That's what I think Kobe numbers will be. That is about what he averaged this year. He's a year older now AND off another pretty serious injury. If you think he's going to be doing what most here anticipate you are in for a rough surprise.
    Of course he's not going to be putting up 25-30 ppg but you're underestimating him big time. It can't be denied that he was starting to be comfortable on his foot before the knee fracture. Not to mention he could have returned after the knee injury but sat out. It will be nearly be 1.5 years since he tore his AC tendon and the fact that he did no muscle/ligament damage to the knee is pretty encouraging.

Not to mention that it's known that he would rather retire than stick around averaging 15-18 ppg.

I guessing he'll average around 22 points on 45% 5 rebounds 6-7 assist. Although i'll be the first to say you were right if your prediction comes true.

Of course he's not going to be putting up 25-30 ppg but you're underestimating him big time. It can't be denied that he was starting to be comfortable on his foot before the knee fracture. Not to mention he could have returned after the knee injury but sat out. It will be nearly be 1.5 years since he tore his AC tendon and the fact that he did no muscle/ligament damage to the knee is pretty encouraging.

Not to mention that it's known that he would rather retire than stick around averaging 15-18 ppg.

I guessing he'll average around 22 points on 45% 5 rebounds 6-7 assist. Although i'll be the first to say you were right if your prediction comes true.
    That's not realistic. At all. He put up 13.8/6/4 and 6 turnovers per game this year. It didn't look like he was speeding up much either. When Rose was playing like shit people were saying it would take him 30-40+ games to get back into his rhythm. It's the exact thing for Kobe, and when you consider he's older, slower, and less athletic it makes your prediction seem hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    That's not realistic. At all. He put up 13.8/6/4 and 6 turnovers per game this year. It didn't look like he was speeding up much either. When Rose was playing like shit people were saying it would take him 30-40+ games to get back into his rhythm. It's the exact thing for Kobe, and when you consider he's older, slower, and less athletic it makes your prediction seem hilarious.
    He put those numbers up over 6 games, you idiot, after coming back from a potential career-ending injury and was also out of shape. If he can put up 14/6/4 under those conditions, what do you think he can put up after an extra 4-6 months of rehab/work on his Achilles as well as being in shape for the season? Are you honestly that thick to believe that he'll put up the statistics you suggested if he is fully healed and and physically fit?

I know you're used to underachieving due to being a Magic fan and a pathetic excuse of a human being, but medically, Kobe will be 100% at the start of the season unless something happens during training camp. He may be less athletic but for the past 4-5 years, his game has not been based on athleticism. You should know that after he raped you pathetic franchise in the 2009 NBA Finals.